Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is my redownloading of eso so slow? How long did the redownload take you to complete?

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
First, I started redownloading it without uninstalling the game and it was super slow. 13 % downloaded in 4 hours.
I then decided to stop it and uninstall the game and then reinstall eso from scratch. It is still downloading slower than snail pace if that's even possible 😂.

I hear other people redownloaded the game but they are having big issues with crashes etc.

What could the problem be? 🤔
I'm pc windows 10 btw

Thanks in advance for your replies and hope your game is working well
Edited by Recent on February 25, 2020 2:41AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Making the following change in the ESO launcher can sometimes help with slow download speeds.
    • Start the ESO launcher.
    • Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the launcher.
    • This will bring you to the Launcher Settings menu.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the window and change the Maximum Download setting to 5mbps or 10mbps.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, it's still downloading the day after. Like wtf. Download speed is set to unlimited and I'm not exactly living on top of a mountain. I can play without issues against a zerg, but downloading this game is slower than a snail trying to go to wherever.
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    The launcher seems to spend an inordinate amount of time pre-allocating files, each 2GB large. It does this for some time before finally starting the download, but before then it seem stuck at 0%. If you check the "depot" folder, you'll see that it is actually doing something.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    took me about 6 hours.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less than an hour and that was while I was streaming a TV show.