The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Why is my redownloading of eso so slow? How long did the redownload take you to complete?

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
First, I started redownloading it without uninstalling the game and it was super slow. 13 % downloaded in 4 hours.
I then decided to stop it and uninstall the game and then reinstall eso from scratch. It is still downloading slower than snail pace if that's even possible 😂.

I hear other people redownloaded the game but they are having big issues with crashes etc.

What could the problem be? 🤔
I'm pc windows 10 btw

Thanks in advance for your replies and hope your game is working well
Edited by Recent on February 25, 2020 2:41AM
  • ZOS_BillE
    ZOS_BillE
    admin
    Making the following change in the ESO launcher can sometimes help with slow download speeds.
    • Start the ESO launcher.
    • Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the launcher.
    • This will bring you to the Launcher Settings menu.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the window and change the Maximum Download setting to 5mbps or 10mbps.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, it's still downloading the day after. Like wtf. Download speed is set to unlimited and I'm not exactly living on top of a mountain. I can play without issues against a zerg, but downloading this game is slower than a snail trying to go to wherever.
    This account is already logged in
    'We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.' ~ @ZOS_GinaBruno , nov 2018
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    The launcher seems to spend an inordinate amount of time pre-allocating files, each 2GB large. It does this for some time before finally starting the download, but before then it seem stuck at 0%. If you check the "depot" folder, you'll see that it is actually doing something.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭
    took me about 6 hours.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less than an hour and that was while I was streaming a TV show.