Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds, the Premade Solutions

Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
One queue so community isn't divided. Solo and Duo queues fight each other, trios and premades fight each other. Boom, instant fix.

Solo and duo's can still group queue and not get rofl stomped by a premades. Premades can easily face other premades, and trios know what they're getting into. Trios are a hard thing to balance, you could let them stay in the solo/duo queue and we'd still have sweaty tryhard trios. Same thing can be said for trios facing premades and getting overwhelmed.

Zenimax, let us have a PvP house man. Make it an arena that when you jump into it with a group, everyone not in a group with you is flagged for PvP. We can do our own 4v4's, 6v6's, 8v8's, etc.

PC-NA
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No IMO. I agree with having two options, but I think it should be solo only and full 4-man premade only. Nothing in between.

Duos/trios would just have to suck it up and fill their team to 4.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    No IMO. I agree with having two options, but I think it should be solo only and full 4-man premade only. Nothing in between.

Lol, can we use this same argument on your position? If you cry about "everyone is a premade wahhh" when it's most likely not, why don't you just suck it up and build your team?

A better solution is Ranked and Normal play, you can team up however you want, even go solo when ever you want. This will this will give people incentive to play in ranked better rewards and recognition, and have people who like using test builds to go in normal, or even how group tryouts for team building. You will most likely see less try hards in normal than in ranked. Even though most people cry when ever they lose and witch hunt for premades.

Now if you go into ranked solo, expect the worst. Suck it up.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, can we use this same argument on your position? If you cry about "everyone is a premade wahhh" when it's most likely not, why don't you just suck it up and build your team?

A better solution is Ranked and Normal play, you can team up however you want, even go solo when ever you want. This will this will give people incentive to play in ranked better rewards and recognition, and have people who like using test builds to go in normal, or even how group tryouts for team building. You will most likely see less try hards in normal than in ranked. Even though most people cry when ever they lose and witch hunt for premades.

If you queue for normal as a premade, your group gets spread out among the different teams.

You can’t queue for ranked as a solo. You need to have 4 to queue.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    One queue so community isn't divided. Solo and Duo queues fight each other, trios and premades fight each other. Boom, instant fix.

Solo and duo's can still group queue and not get rofl stomped by a premades. Premades can easily face other premades, and trios know what they're getting into. Trios are a hard thing to balance, you could let them stay in the solo/duo queue and we'd still have sweaty tryhard trios. Same thing can be said for trios facing premades and getting overwhelmed.

Zenimax, let us have a PvP house man. Make it an arena that when you jump into it with a group, everyone not in a group with you is flagged for PvP. We can do our own 4v4's, 6v6's, 8v8's, etc.

Also make a CP enabled version... That'd be dope
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

If you queue for normal as a premade, your group gets spread out among the different teams.

Lol what, thats that most funny idea I've heard in a while.

Why not? It's a disadvantage to join ranked solo, but who says you can't win? Anyways ranked don't exist so its not that you "can't" it's what it could be.

• Rhorlak_Wulfmare
    Thogard wrote: »

Do you really think ZoS and the group finder are capable of that? I dont. and tbh I'm sure most of the dev's know the right way to do things with all the data they have, I'm assuming they cant spend too many resources on something without a monetary value attached to it.

In other word their hands are tied, publicly traded blah blah, hence solo que only. Typical least amount of effort involved as usual unfortunately.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SOLO QUEUE ONLY & 4 MAN QUEUE ONLY

Any other suggestion is pure nonsense and should be disregarded immediately.

The 4 man queue will be dead because most premaders were just interested in stomping over solos, which is why every time more than premade one was the queuing the weakest of the premades would stop queuing entirely.

That majority of the players are solo. Hence why we have a solo only queue in place right now, and why you're the one who has to "Suck it up".
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on March 5, 2020 10:35AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SOLO QUEUE IS TRASH, can we just admit that, I knew it would be and oh look it is. having DUO in games gave a team enough of a core to function and there were often "GG's" how many GG have there been in the last week, maybe 2 and it was only because there were some healers who solo queued, and even than they could not carry their teams.

MMR reset, it's not fun for me killing new players and it's not fun for them.

It was a bad idea and in practice, it's really not good. Healers rarely solo queue, for obvious reasons when they do their team roflstomps because the other teams don't have one. Before there would very frequently be a duo on at least 2 of the teams, I know this is hard for some to accept but THERE WERE VIRTUALLY NO FULL PREMADES BEFORE. On the off chance there were they always always got matched against eachother, and put vs DUOS and high MMR solo queue players who could easily wipe the floor with a cyrodil pvper premade.

Notice how many of the most vocal people who thought solo queue would improve the game are nowhere to be found in the actual game, granted that could be the performance or destruction of the game by patches filled with fail.

Why won't a group queue and solo queue thing work, there is simply not enough people and 80% of the people who were "grouped" were duo... do they go to the solo queue or the group queue... having them in solo greatly improved the health of team balance, group queue would be a 45+ minute wait for high MMR, a weak duo would get put in games that would completely ruin the balance because they get farmed. Those players are also better off being matched with solo players of a higher MMR. unless....... 4v4 was a thing, than people would queue for group but as it stand it's honestly hard to get enough people together who are going to take seriously a game where kills can be stolen with a debuff execute....

The reality that the difference between a good player a average player and a top tier player is painfully obvious now, instead of blaming "premades" which btw people STILL DO, they blame "tryhards" or their own team, MMR will kick in eventually but as the previously higher rated players slowly come back to the game (assuming they fix it) they will be grinding through the fodder and people won't feel like they ever had a chance of winning for a good long time. BG is a team sport, teams need healers, healers don't have a lot of motivation to put up with solo queue even though they are the only way that some people will live long enough to see that maybe their snipe spam build is not suited for 4v4v4.

Tldr; revert the changes.

H.

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The biggest lie ever told is, that premades just wanted to farm solos and pugs. The biggest advocates of this are people who just want to farm new players and disorganized kids in in SOLO queue.. how is that any better.

PvP house is good idea, group queue and solo queue is not going to work, it was better before. Would you rather be facing a trio while grouped with a duo and another high MMR player or would you rather get NO TEAM worth mentioning more than half of the time because that is where it's at right now. If 2 good players get matched to same team and the other team has maybe one that is GG and the level of domination is FAR worse than before, at least "premades" got matched versus each other or stronger solo players they also helped offset the skill imbalance with communication allowing weaker people to punch above their weight. What makes BGs good, teamwork, who has good teamwork ...... *** TEAMS it gave the solo's a place to tag along with duo, now they are thrown to the animals.

PS: edit to add, The fact many good players wanted to chat with each other and play at the same time while in a duo being now GONE is reallly hurting the game, at some point this is also about just having people play more than it is some kids fee fee's get hurt because game is not fair. Nobody want's to have to form a full sweat mode premade to socialize, stop presenting that as a solution it's not.
    Edited by precambria on March 6, 2020 5:11PM
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Cry Babies: I WANT TO FIGHT PEOPLE ON MY LEVEL, I DONT WANT TO FIGHT NOOBSSS, IT'S TOO EASYYYYY

Reality: OMG BETTER PLAYER KILLED ME, BETTER BLAME THEM DARNNNNNNNNN PREMADES!!!
  • Jyiiga
    Jyiiga
    ✭✭✭

Wrong move. There are far more duos than there are full premades. They have less of an impact and that is why you do not notice them. There was no reason to move forward with this change and it makes me question the decision makers behind the scenes. The OP idea is simple and sound.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

Solo queue
    Group queue , add a league and private BGs and away we go. I'll buy the chapter purely for this and it's not even something they need much Dev time on.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • james_738pub18_ESO
    james_738pub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing this game since beta, in the time since launch this game has made leaps and bounds and it is far better today than it has been in the past. I really do commend the work of everyone from ZOS. However this change that you've made is an attempt to fix a system by altering a factor that wasn't doing it any harm. Any mmo with small to medium scale pvp has had issues with players feeling like they just weren't capable of competing and that has an effect for sure, but it comes with human v.s human interaction. people are going to have better builds than others, better gear, and of course skill differential cant be ignored. But these are temporary things, through time and effort you learn and get better and eventually you are able to not only compete but to thrive. Now with all that in mind I have played bgs solo and also duo, you get situations where you are at a clear disadvantage just due to either lack of people on your team or their builds, skill, or lack there of. But i have never felt like I did not have a chance to win or turn the game. My point is this, you cannot remove the ability to participate in the game YOU created for people to PLAY TOGETHER, this is a massively MULTIPLAYER game. Battlegrounds themselves are meant to provide people with the chance to compete as a team towards a goal. You have made the decision to cater to the people who are having trouble in pvp and have not put in the required time or effort to improve but have instead decided to complain that fighting other people is too hard. It is not, I have done it, my friends have done it. I am not trying to say that I am better than others, on the contrary I do not think I am, thus if i can do it anyone can. I have played countless matches where people decide to que up for a bg with terrible sets and a build that just doesn't work. Of course they are going to get absolutely smashed. My first bg I got smashed, but I did not log on to the forums and complain that it was too hard because people were grouping up and it was unfair because that just doesn't make sense. I have multiple builds on multiple toons more than capable of competing in situations where I am at a disadvantage and I choose to treat the situation as a challenge. Zos you have to realize that this was a step backwards and that it is a band-aid that doesn't even serve as a temporary fix for the situation in fact the only thing you have done is remove the ability for people to play this game as a team.