The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

INSTANT FATAL CRASH ERROR (error 6)

Suite_Ice
Suite_Ice
Soul Shriven
Not sure issue is old, new or both
A few days ago I clicked the launch button and instead of open the play option screen it instead did a seemingly compete re-install , The only thing I really noticed is I now have a folder ESO_BUILD_BRANCH in folder that have live folder. Today the the install went as expected on 2 devices but the one with the new folder instantly gives fatal error (error 6) when I click play. Any ideas about a fix or even why and what the added folder is?
As for a fix I mean aside from a clean delete and new install
Edited by Suite_Ice on February 24, 2020 9:47PM
  • Suite_Ice
    Suite_Ice
    Soul Shriven
    Still not sure of issue but I changed all folder names and did a clean install and it is working, now just need to delete old folders
    Options