The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Invalid Client error

Muirwen
Muirwen
✭✭
After the update I get an Invalid Client error message, saying I am using an invalid or outdated client, and that I have to patch. However, no more patches are waiting. I tried repair, but to no avail, problem persists.
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    The servers are down for maintenance, just wait. ;)
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Server, probably, is still chwecking against the old code version

Wait until [complete] on the banner then see if the issue persists
    at that point panic if it does, but until 17:00 UTC or when ever ZOS turn the server back on (probably much later)
    DO NOT PANIC
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    Likely due to the ongoing server maintenance. I’d wait until the servers are back up and try again without taking any further action. I got the same error and will wait for the servers to come back up.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    there is no client to connect to as the servers are offline until 5pm UTC having the patch installed does not mean its ready to play yet
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly you get that message too, if your client is more advanced than the server and as the server is still in maintenance, that's most likely the case atm. So, no reason to worry.
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all your reactions, i will just wait patiently <panic mode off> ;)
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Muirwen wrote: »
    Thanks for all your reactions, i will just wait patiently <panic mode off> ;)

:) its understandable especially if its the 1st time you have done it