The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No more ESO on Gforce Now? What the ....?

tunepunk
tunepunk
✭✭✭✭✭
As ESO is pretty much the only game that I play lately due to limited time, services like Gforce Now was perfect for me as I don't feel it's worth the money to buy a gaming rig, just to play one game a couple of hours every week. So services like Gforce Now, are very nice for people like me that don't feel they want to have a gaming rig, and play games on the go.

I don't get it? What are they losing by having it available there? You still need to own the game, you still need to pay for subscribtion.

Anyone else played ESO on Gfroce Now? What's your thoughts on them pulling it from the list?
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭

If I was Nvidia I would have kicked ESO off of Gforce Now.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to play mmorpg with my tooth brush.
    I am outraged and offended and feel undervalued, overlooked and attacked.
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe just a licence problem and it will return after both parties talked.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it's no longer available on Vortex either. That service was far inferior to Gforce Now, and way more expensive so running out of options now..

Shadow seems to be the only viable option left where they can't really pull it form, as you're basically renting a PC on the cloud and can install what you want.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »
    As ESO is pretty much the only game that I play lately due to limited time, services like Gforce Now was perfect for me as I don't feel it's worth the money to buy a gaming rig, just to play one game a couple of hours every week. So services like Gforce Now, are very nice for people like me that don't feel they want to have a gaming rig, and play games on the go.

I don't get it? What are they losing by having it available there? You still need to own the game, you still need to pay for subscribtion.

Anyone else played ESO on Gfroce Now? What's your thoughts on them pulling it from the list?
    I didn't play ESO (or anything, for that matter) on GeForce Now, but the fact is nVidia can only run copies of ZOS games if ZOS tell them it's ok. Apparently, ZOS no longer think it's ok. I'm leaning towards being more sympathetic towards nVidia because unlike actual subscription services like Google Stadia, with GeForce Now players must buy the games separately, so ZOS will have been paid for it.
    JPS wrote: »
    Why?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped using it many months ago because it halved my frame rate. Not installing it was the easy fix
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Zenimax removed almost all their games like Activision did due to a licensing problem.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need a gaming rig to play ESO...... I play on my laptop... I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y560..... from 10 years ago. I have no problem. A bit of lag here and there and some slightly longer than normal loading screens, but nothing game breaking. Get yourself an $800 laptop and you'll be fine. Matter of fact, I play most MMORPGS with no issue with my dinosaur of a laptop. Where I have issues with is standalone game. Games like Fallout 4, Skyrim and others like it. Those I have issues with. No enough processing power so I tend to lag at about 10-16 fps on them.

Back to the original thing, ESO runs fine on just about any standard laptop. Pay for one and you'll be ok.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    JPS wrote: »
    Why?

Because with the reputation ESO and Zos has build for itself by now, I wouldn't want to be associated with it.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not about what they are not losing, it's about what they are not gaining. Which is more money.
    That is the "licensing" problem.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrewQ84 wrote: »
    You don't need a gaming rig to play ESO...... I play on my laptop... I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y560..... from 10 years ago. I have no problem. A bit of lag here and there and some slightly longer than normal loading screens, but nothing game breaking. Get yourself an $800 laptop and you'll be fine. Matter of fact, I play most MMORPGS with no issue with my dinosaur of a laptop. Where I have issues with is standalone game. Games like Fallout 4, Skyrim and others like it. Those I have issues with. No enough processing power so I tend to lag at about 10-16 fps on them.

Back to the original thing, ESO runs fine on just about any standard laptop. Pay for one and you'll be ok.

I ran the game on this laptop (Surface Pro 4 i5) but due to overheating issues while gaming on it, I hade to replace it 5 times.

I do have a Surface Laptop 3 (i7) as well, so I'll see how it runs on that one.

I'm just a bit weary on overheating issues, as I had it before, so services like GFN was super nice for me. I'll probably give it a go on the laptop and see if it runs decently on that one.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bc they are putting it on stadia
    PC EU
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it came back to GeForce Now, it solved my high ping in Australia issue :(
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Panthermic
    Panthermic
    ✭✭✭

I ran the game on this laptop (Surface Pro 4 i5) but due to overheating issues while gaming on it, I hade to replace it 5 times.

I'm just a bit weary on overheating issues, as I had it before, so services like GFN was super nice for me. I'll probably give it a go on the laptop and see if it runs decently on that one.

Maybe buy something like these and put that laptop on it when you're playing?
    https://www.amazon.com/pcr/Best-Rated-Laptop-Cooling-Pads-External-Fans-Reviews/2243862011
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't game streaming rubbish? I thought Google stadia proved that.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/bethesda-joins-activision-and-pulls-its-games-from-nvidias-geforce-now-streaming-service/ar-BB10hn66

Zenimax while being the parent of bethseda is still apart of the bethesda family. So when Bethesda pulled their games, eso went with it.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm.

ESO is been added to Stadia.

ESO runs better on Nvidia i bet.

Anyone want to bet that this got pulled off Geforcenow because of a contract between ZOS and google?

• 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    hmm.

Anyone want to bet that this got pulled off Geforcenow because of a contract between ZOS and google?

Well Google is trying to muscle their way onto the gaming scene like they did with mobile apps and considering googles history of sketchy practices. It wouldn't surprise me if in the contract they had some clause about "exclusivity" rights on stadia or something. Plus it would explain alot in how on the Stadia Games List you can find most of the games there are either already popular games, like SUPERHOT or there a relatively unknown game that is "exclusive" on the stadia platform, like GYLT.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm.

Gaming using nVidia shield tech for year and it works like charm! only mobile connection is the limit.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No "Bethesda", no "Activision/Blizzard". More will follow. ;)
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »

This is why:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/bethesda-joins-activision-and-pulls-its-games-from-nvidias-geforce-now-streaming-service/ar-BB10hn66

Zenimax while being the parent of bethseda is still apart of the bethesda family. So when Bethesda pulled their games, eso went with it.

There are several Zenimaxes. Zenimax Media Inc owns both Bethesda and Zenimax Online Studios. So the publisher of ESO does not own Bethesda, it is owned by the same company as Bethesda.

EDIT: Also, the linked article doesn't give any answers, contrary to what you imply. It simply says the games are not available because they were pulled. Nothing regarding underlying reasons.
    Edited by daemonios on February 24, 2020 12:56PM
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish it came back to GeForce Now, it solved my high ping in Australia issue :(

Isn't that maybe because you have two pings now? One between ESO and Gforce, and one between Gforce and you (that you might not see) ?
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what I use and it runs ESO with ease on medium to high settings at 60 FPS: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-Processor-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07M9SMWMS/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=asus+amd+gaming+laptop&qid=1582549125&sr=8-7

When I bought mine it was $600 last year. There are other versions of this including one on Amazon now for $650 that has the Nvidia 1650 video card in it. The AMD version I linked does not run hot at all. Can't say what the Intel versions run at but I'm sure they are toasty.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little late to the topic? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513267/eso-bails-on-geforce-now/p1

According to Nvidia, they anticipated this turnover in games as part and parcel of the trial period with companies coming to an end: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2020/02/20/pc-gaming-geforce-now/

"As we approach a paid service, some publishers may choose to remove games before the trial period ends. Ultimately, they maintain control over their content and decide whether the game you purchase includes streaming on GeForce NOW. Meanwhile, others will bring games back as they continue to realize GeForce Now's value."

A number of games were pulled off just prior to the end of the trial period. Activision was pulled because Nvidia thought they had the license to keep them after the trial (spoiler: they did not) and Activision insisted they pull the games. Bethesda, we don't know the specific reason why they pulled most of their games yet.

Bottom line is that Geforce Now never guaranteed or had agreements that specific games would always be a part of the service. So customers who signed up expecting specific games like ESO are currently disappointed...but its not like Nvidia didn't see this coming.

There's also a comment on the geforce now forums from one of their staff: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-beta-updates/20/334153/geforce-now-community-update/

The pertinent part:
    "Yes, we know the recent game removals are disappointing. We're disappointed, too. In an ideal world, every game would be playable on GeForce NOW, and that's the kind of world we're working toward. But the reality of the situation is that this is a new area in gaming: cloud streaming. There are both technical and business hurdles that must be cleared when we're bringing a game to the service. We're working to clear those hurdles in the background, but you won't see every part of that process. Please be patient. We're working hard to make as many games available as possible."
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi, never take what a company writes in a PR statement at face value. Never.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi, never take what a company writes in a PR statement at face value. Never.

To be honest, what confuses me about the whole deal is that Nvidia seems to have been aware that it was very likely that publishers would remove games from their service at the end of the trial period and there was no requirement or agreement for them to stay...and yet players are suddenly like "What? I got this service to play this specific game that I can't play any other way and now its gone from the service! How dare those publishers?!"

Did those players know this was a possibility and just hoped it wasn't going to happen to their specific game?
    Or was this more a matter of not reading the fine print to know what Geforce Now actually entailed?