The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Geralt Witcher Build Ideas (Double 2H PVE)

ZigenBuilds
ZigenBuilds
✭✭
Greetings everyone!
EQy5x9c.jpg

I'm trying to recreate Geralt from the Witcher 3 and would like to ask for some build advice. I went for a double 2H Stam DK DPS, which I know is a bit funky but this is more of a fun RP build. Still, I would like it to be viable enough and not let my group just carry me during vet dungeons which I plan to do if possible.

So far, I'm using for my front bar: Barbed Trap, Brawler, WB, Executioner, Silver Shards, Flawless Dawnbreaker (for +10% Weapon Damage Fighters Guild passive bonus) and Venomous Claws, Noxious Breath, Soul Spitting Trap, Molten Armaments (or Rally undecided), Resolving Vigor and Standard of Might for my backbar.

Let me know what you think and also any other suggestions for which skills/armor/gear I should aim for. Many thanks!

Edited by ZigenBuilds on February 24, 2020 8:02AM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna have to say that it might need to take a bit of an imagination stretch to have it quite viable for Vet dungeons, esp for the dlcs ones. Not saying it's not possible, but for eg, having stampede in the build is great for numbers but not great for rp reasons.

Dig the look though, kinda cool.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well first of all you might want to run stampede on your backbar to proc your weapon damage enchant while you're on your front bar.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Well first of all you might want to run stampede on your backbar to proc your weapon damage enchant while you're on your front bar.

Listen to that guy.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With vMA 2H
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can double 2h be viable on Stamplar in PVE? Because if its possible I must try it.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When he gets his first home, be sure to get him a nice big bath 😊
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, I'm using for my front bar: Barbed Trap, Brawler, WB, Executioner, Silver Shards, Flawless Dawnbreaker (for +10% Weapon Damage Fighters Guild passive bonus)

Not that it will likely change the build, but FDB doesn't give 10% WD. Unless you are specifically meaning all FG skills on that bar?...
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What race of humans would Geralt be closest to?

Not just for stats, but for appearance too. Even Redguards can be made quite light skinned, so even they may not be completely out of the question.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Can double 2h be viable on Stamplar in PVE? Because if its possible I must try it.

Yes...yes....and yes, it can indeed. Enjoy.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    What race of humans would Geralt be closest to?

Not just for stats, but for appearance too. Even Redguards can be made quite light skinned, so even they may not be completely out of the question.

A good question. Well since The Empire in Sapkowski's books is Nilfgaard, and the citizens of Rivia are often referred to as "nordlings", a Nord would be likely more fitting than Imperials (i.e. Nilfgaard) or Bretons. However, the "vikings" in Sapkowski's world are from Skellige. So from this point of view, he can be a Breton as well. :)

https://zewar.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/witcher_world_map.jpg
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

With vMA 2H

Maelstrom's Battleaxe backbar, Greatsword frontbar could be interesting, to get the vital axe bleed and +6% damage on the frontbar.

Front: Stone Giant, Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Executioner/Reverse Slice, Barbed Trap, Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Back: Stampede, Flames of Oblivion, 3 Flex Spots, Standard

Depending on your gear, I absolutely expect this to be viable for most vet dungeons. Even DLC ones. Maelstrom Bows aren't what they used to be.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone comment on how effective Stamplar could be with double 2h?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.