The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sign here if you don't care about issues with event ticket drop rates.

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
Man, I don't know why people get so upset with every event about how event tickets are acquired.

Frankly, I am relieved that I don't care. There's so much whining and angst over these tickets and the junk you can get with them. Why?
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far I spend like 2 minutes to get all three tickets killing 1-5 mobs there, everyday.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I spend like 2 minutes to get all three tickets killing 1-5 mobs there, everyday.

I got my 3 each day, but I already had 12 on my account. I don't even care enough to go spend them on stupid berries or something.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care. I don't have any interest in the Murkmire event, and I'm sitting on 10/12 tickets on both EU accounts and one of the NA ones. I don't want this indrik, and I'm not interested in the other stuff on the Impresario so far.
    Options
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more issue with how the fragments are, since they are the only rewards unique to this event. Events are only fun because you do it to earn the unique rewards associated with them.

When it's made so grindy through bad rng such that you literally can spend the whole event farming and yet the rewards are not earnable, but dangled to sell tickets. That's a very bad event, and not one designed for the community in mind. Granted you can get either the pet or the memento through daily tickets in the end, but the actual participation of the event for strongboxes is near meaningless.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »
    I have more issue with how the fragments are, since they are the only rewards unique to this event. Events are only fun because you do it to earn the unique rewards associated with them.

When it's made so grindy through bad rng such that you literally can spend the whole event farming and yet the rewards are not earnable, but dangled to sell tickets. That's a very bad event, and not one designed for the community in mind. Granted you can get either the pet or the memento through daily tickets in the end, but the actual participation of the event for strongboxes is near meaningless.

I just hit up the double nodes while waiting in queues. It's enough to keep me happy.
    Options
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ticket/fragment drop rates is a non-issue to me. That said, it doesn't make it any less important to those who do enjoy the events and feel they have been screwed over.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, the method of earning tickets isn't really the major problem with how this event was designed. I don't personally have a problem with tickets dropping from any mob in the zone, but then again, I also haven't run guild events in a while with grouping that would cause issues with this method. The folks who point out the faults in how tickets are gained in this event are spot on - it is hostile to grouping (which is bizarre given this is an MMO) and generally anti-customer.

The larger issue is the inability to earn the collectibles for this event by simply playing the game... that is a bad sign for future events. This happened not because of how the tickets drop - though this certainly contributes to it - but because the fragments are not tradable and obtaining them is random. It's a pretty transparent cash shop ploy, and while I knew it was only a matter of time before events were destroyed in this fashion, I suppose I was hoping it would just.... not happen.
    Options
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I don't know why people get so upset with every event about how event tickets are acquired.

Frankly, I am relieved that I don't care. There's so much whining and angst over these tickets and the junk you can get with them. Why?

You don't care enough to whine about them expressing dissatisfaction?

Whats over there? Oh a bridge. What ever could be hiding there....
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one of the people that reliably deals enough damage to WB's to always get tickets I've never really had issues with the drops. Still wish everyone got rewards though.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I guess some people really like them?

Say you got Xanmeer Manor and/or main an Argonian, maybe you would really care?

Otherwise, I can't really see it, either.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not whining, just expressing a counter perspective.
    Options
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the vent, the tickets, the items you are suppose to be able to obtain is that they are all methods to create excitement, then frustration and aggravation specifically coded so that the game mechanics create frustration and aggravation so people buy crowns, to buy tickets, so that they can obtain what the event promises to deliver.

I'm not interested in the pet, nor the stake and I can easily get my three tickets per day. But just knowing that the total number of tickets is 39, and knowing that those 39 tickets cannot buy all the things the event offers rubs me the wrong way. For me, it's the INTENT of ZoS. Their seeming believe that we are so stupid that we don't know or understand what they are trying to do. It's the items themselves, frankly it's everything about the event to be honest.
    Options
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not whining, just expressing a counter perspective.

Its really not a counter perspective when the position is "I dont care". That's opting out of a position all together. But creating a thread about it is definitely whining about others having issues.

This is the equivalent of a selfish sibling trying to grab attention when their brother or sister is having a bad experience.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on February 24, 2020 3:09AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For myself no, I don't care

I spend 88% of my time in Cyrodiil where pets or mementos are not allowed :joy:

But for people who want to acquire these stuff it is unfair
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have more pets, mementos etc than I will ever be able to use. The game needs new types of carrots if it wants to continue down the path of events as content.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the vent, the tickets, the items you are suppose to be able to obtain is that they are all methods to create excitement, then frustration and aggravation specifically coded so that the game mechanics create frustration and aggravation so people buy crowns, to buy tickets, so that they can obtain what the event promises to deliver.

I'm not interested in the pet, nor the stake and I can easily get my three tickets per day. But just knowing that the total number of tickets is 39, and knowing that those 39 tickets cannot buy all the things the event offers rubs me the wrong way. For me, it's the INTENT of ZoS. Their seeming believe that we are so stupid that we don't know or understand what they are trying to do. It's the items themselves, frankly it's everything about the event to be honest.

I guess I can appreciation frustration with the implementation of the means to earn the rewards. It would take more interesting rewards for me to care though.
    Options
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 0 tickets and 0 strongboxes for 0 attempts and I feel good.

I've spent these last few days of the event doing anything-but-Murkmire and frankly, my mental health and enjoyment of the game are likely better for it!
    Edited by witchdoctor on February 24, 2020 3:21AM
    Options
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, you know all those problems that other people are having!?

Well I totally don't care about those. Anyone else not care about other people's problems?

Everything is fine!
    Options
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I start each "day" by killing a WB. I have gotten my tickets 8 times in a row (4 days on two accounts) without fail.

just gotta know what you're doing.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than the first day ( I only had to do the boss 3 times ) I've got my tickets every time
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, hey, nice job timing this thread so it's the night before a maintenance period when the moderators aren't as active.

item-42877-1-1.png
    Options
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im popped in to take a break from study on trauma...and I see this thread.

Two people can experience the same traumatic event but how it impacts them can be wildly different.

So i am very confident that the OP will have an experience causing 'angst' and most people wont give two hoots. No sympathy from me when that happens.
    Options
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, I just AOE world boss with other 1500 people camping there or just kill a few mobs and it drops.
    Never had issues. Although boss is safer, just not to miss looting some mob that died behind my back.
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only cared about the tickets on the very first event. I got the mount, never rode it cuz it rides like s a pregnant camel that is overdue.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the option to sign against narcissistic whine threads where people cry about others caring about something they don't personally care about?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 24, 2020 5:12AM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »

I just hit up the double nodes while waiting in queues. It's enough to keep me happy.

I've farmed every zone in the game...murkmire is a terrible zone for farming...

if you really want to farm, still way better just to drop in on one of the starter zones...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I first started playing, I did run around like crazy trying to collect during events. Now, I really don't care. I will participate and have fun, but I don't obsess over getting every item. The way ZOS structures this game, it only leads to frustration and disappointment. I play the way they designed the game, and it's much more fun for me.
    Options
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started the event with 11/12 on most of my accounts, didn't see a single thing I wanted to buy with them, and have largely ignored the event. :|
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tickets don't interest me. :*
    Options