The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuga. Again. Please, stop it. Please.

myskyrim26
myskyrim26
✭✭✭✭✭
Several years of "Do you know how long I was looking for you" made me immune to Stuga. But now I made an RP character. A Nord girl, cold and hungry lurking the streets of Davon's Watch, trying to steal some vegetables from the basket... And she comes. Do you know how long I was looking for you? Do you? DO YOU?! Damn, I just shut the game down. Why can't she JUST STAND somewhere?!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Several years of "Do you know how long I was looking for you" made me immune to Stuga. But now I made an RP character. A Nord girl, cold and hungry lurking the streets of Davon's Watch, trying to steal some vegetables from the basket... And she comes. Do you know how long I was looking for you? Do you? DO YOU?! Damn, I just shut the game down. Why can't she JUST STAND somewhere?!

Only suggestion I have: while you're RPing your way around Davon's Watch, pretend you're overhearing her conversation with someone else in the crowd?
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Counterfeit Pardons and Leniency Edicts you'd think we could get a restraining order for Stuga the Stalker.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Only suggestion I have: while you're RPing your way around Davon's Watch, pretend you're overhearing her conversation with someone else in the crowd?

Thank you! Will try that.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use her as a "distraction" in case you want to pickpocket a merchant.... Maybe she's talking to him, maybe she's his ex-inamorata who's been looking for him for a long time to "pay him back" or something....

Good ignoring luck!

Really, this sort of thing should be handled in the DLC section of the game info interface. These noisy pushy people are SO annoying....
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But do you know HOW LONG she has been looking for you?
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take her quest, and go to Wrothgar. Do one or two steps of the intro quest and drop the quest. She should leave you alone now.
    Edited by Bradyfjord on February 24, 2020 12:28AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    Just take her quest, and go to Wrothgar. Do one or two steps of the intro quest and drop the quest. She should leave you alone now.

Not going to work with OP's RPing most likely.
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with ya on how anoyinng she is, you can duct tape her mouth on that toon just accepting her quest and living with it forever and ever on the books haha. Same with the stalkey npc of Riften. I think I have a dozen toons with "Put the Fires Out" quest forever haha XD.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, just accept the quest and done :)
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two types of NPCs that will cause me to quit the game...

Pushy NPCs that follow you around saying things like "Know how long I have been looking for you" or "Do you remember me, the caravan, etc..." I find my resistance to doing any of the quests they offer becoming stronger and stronger, I don't ever want to do their quests because for whatever reason ZoS is trying really hard to make me do them. I want to do what I want to do, and enjoy the game how I want to enjoy the game, not be forced by annoyance.

Rude NPCs. In Allinor the banker is absolutely downright rude, not having time, blah blah blah. There are a few absolutely rude NPCs that I hate interacting with. I am suppose to be enjoying my free time, not being pissed off because of rude or annoying NPCs.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just accept the quest and ignore it in your quest journal problem solved.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Not going to work with OP's RPing most likely.

You're probably right. But that is the only way, at present, that can permanently solve the @myskyrim26 problem with this particular npc. It's the OP's call of course. Just thought I'd offer the help.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Sure - she's been looking for me since 2016.

No way, my Nord is going to Coldharbour first, next will be Allaince story, Craglorn and only than I will go to Orsinium.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guild needs you, comrade
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest we ask zos to kill her and replace her with a note on the ground as a quest giver. Potentially it dropped from her corpse o:)
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    je3rvqhu1ng41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=0151814bb8a4b4f8384f85ee0513ec067712838f
  • Treemagnet
    Treemagnet
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, and when she is looking at you she is SMIRKING!!, That smile? Nope. Smirking!!
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres a new pest in town too..... "can you believe it.....DRAGONS"
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never met her now. Maybe because I rarely come to starting area now.
    I park my char at summerset or cyro so I dont see her often. The char that do come to starting area already receive her quest.
    Plus I dont find her annoying.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me, when I see Stuga:
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol.
    And the thing is you can stop her by accepting the quest.

BUT.
    But there are some npcs you CANT stop;
    ... like this khajiit at rawlkha near shrine/bank, discussing about the prisonner
    ... like theses guys at belkarth discussing about leaving belkarth
    ... like theses 2 guys at vulkhel discussing about dragons
    ... etc etc etc

we cant stop them since 6 years
    HOW TO NOT BECOME CRAZY

the problem with stuga is ... she's following you omg. I just want to magnum SHOT her with my bow

giphy.gif

Edited by Xarc on February 24, 2020 10:16AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great if we can get options to enable/disable chapters and dlc so there won't be 10 different damned npcs looking for us. This would also solve the problem of being forced into new chapter tutorials and improve the rp aspect of the supposed mmo"RP"g.
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to attack her today, I DIDNT get the “prevent attacking innocents” prompt, so they know she aint no innocent.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please can I just kill the annoying singing sailor I stupidly saved from the sea elves who none squats in the crafting area in Alinor and seems to be busking for his money?

Admittedly it’s very realistic, his singing is obnoxious, slightly out of tune and he really does only know one song, but boy is he full on and irritating about it. Every bloody time I go in there.

I’ve tried talking to him and his shady crew of drinking scroungers but to no avail.

Wish I’d left his scrawny arse back on Corredale
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Yes, yes I do. Slightly longer than I've been avoiding her.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuga is probably mistaking you for some other person, play along with her expecting that probably the life of the other person could bring better fortune. The poor Nord girl may not be too shy to experiment with a little identity theft, not out of her choice at least. Just modify her story a little so that things blend in well.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great if we can get options to enable/disable chapters and dlc so there won't be 10 different damned npcs looking for us. This would also solve the problem of being forced into new chapter tutorials and improve the rp aspect of the supposed mmo"RP"g.
    this.
    I tried to attack her today, I DIDNT get the “prevent attacking innocents” prompt, so they know she aint no innocent.
    :D
    PC EU
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now we have murkmire to relax a bit. "Your eyes shine like muddy puddles..."
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    imagine in 6 years with 6 more DLC/Chapters NPCS . Just imagine.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If dragging Stuga out to the wild, to be killed by animals, was a quest option, I'd take her quest for once.