The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In-game achievements unlock but Xbox One Achievements Don't

MathNotEvenOnce
MathNotEvenOnce
Soul Shriven
I recently completed the conditions for:'Imperial Lightbringer' and 'Fortune and Fate'. Both unlocked in game, but I never received the xbox achievements for them. Other games are not having issues unlocking achievements (recently played and completed Metro Exodus, and parts of Life is Strange 2), so it doesn't seem to be a service outage. The two locked achievements above were done weeks apart as well.

Is there any way for me to get these Xbox achievements now? I've done full reboot, re-installing the game, re-downloading my save file, everything short of a second character.

Any help would be appreciated
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m afraid second character is your only option

This happened to me on the elsewyr achievements as well as one of the really early ones
  • jbOblivion
    jbOblivion
    ✭✭
    Recent patch notes do not mention that they have been fixed yet. It would be good if we could get some official response if they will remain unobtainable, e.g. Savior of Elsweyr, Wrothgar Adventurer and Big Score.
    Edited by jbOblivion on March 11, 2020 12:21PM
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are unobtainable. You have to do them on a second char at the moment
  • jbOblivion
    jbOblivion
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

I think no one has obtained the Xbox Live achievements I've mentioned since patch v1.18.0.0 (Dragonhold & Update 24) from early Nov 2019, according to various achievement information websites.
  • MathNotEvenOnce
    MathNotEvenOnce
    Soul Shriven
    The Dragon's Wrath failed on me today but Return of the Dragonguard worked achievement wise. Why are all these MMO's so bad at achievements.

Just allow me to retrigger the check FFS.

Neverwinter, PSO2 and ESO all fail me in how inconsistent their achievements are
    Edited by MathNotEvenOnce on March 20, 2020 4:32PM
  • Northlight
    I have the same problem with the Shadow of the Hist Achievements on Veteran version. Two Xbox Achievements are not unlocked.
  • MathNotEvenOnce
    MathNotEvenOnce
    Soul Shriven
    If it's anything like Neverwinter, it'll have to be done on a second character I imagine which is beyond frustrating when you put this many hours in.

Games like the Division 2 pop the achievements the moment you log in if they glitched out, or there's an outage. But these mmos for whatever reason say it's 'impossible'.
  • nowthatsaplan
    nowthatsaplan
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is there any update on this? I've gotten the Fortune and Fate achievement in-game on 3 different characters but still can't get the xbox achievement.