The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New player here

Boneskull
Boneskull
Soul Shriven
Hello there! I just started playing the game, I'm a retired WoW player looking for shelter. I created a Dragonknight and I increased my stamina points. Chosen the breton race. I was wondering how good are my decisions? Is stamina dk any good later? And was the breton a good choice. I don't know what weapons should I use, two handed, dual wielding, one hand and shield, bow. Also can I reset my talent points and attributes later on if I change my mind and I want to respec? Thanks in advance! :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can reset your skill and attribute points for gold at the shrines in any of the capital cities, Vivec, Alinor, or Rimmen.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for weapons, there seems to be a meta if you ask around but I just tend to use what I like. You can respect all your stats so if you decide to switch from using a bow and a 2 hander for instance to a one hand sword and a staff you can do that at any time. It all depends on where you are with the game in my opinion. Early on just go with what you like to try and then later if you decide to start doing group dungeons which have four people and you need to do more damage then by then you'll be able to research different spell rotations with what you have or go with more cookie cutter weapons types that everyone uses. And then if you want to run trials which are super large groups you can switch for those also. Up until level fifty my advise is to just use what you find from loot and hit the newer zones like Elsweyr and kill dragons and world bosses and stuff and explore those two zones. By level 50 you'll be decked out in some pretty decent gear from those zones. I also have about 500k on that toon just from selling zone loot drops from Northern and Southern Elsweyr.

Also crafting is pretty cool in this game, every day just go to a crafting area and deconstruct all your junk items which will level up your crafting and also can make you some nice gold by selling the mats with little effort. Also the big thing is from day one to go to a stable in each town and train, you can train to get faster riding, more inventory space, or ride longer distances etc.

I've played for about a year and a half and came back recently and started a new Warden DK, didn't give him anything from my other toons period until level fifty and did just like I described and he's max level in all crafts, max level riding speed and has pretty darn good gear. Rarely dies he's kind of tanky with heavy armor and uses two hand and a bow. People say that's not good but he can solo WB's all day without loosing much health which my main could not, he dies quickly due to light armor!
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 20, 2020 5:27PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Might want to find a good guild; you can join 5 player guilds. People can help with questions and crafting. What you want to do will probably influence how you build your character. What is fine for pve activities might not cut it for the current pvp meta/bis/uberconqueror thing.