The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Theorycrafting a brawler stamblade

KingLogix
KingLogix
✭✭✭
Hey guys!
wanted to get everyone's minds combined so i can an awesome brawler stamblade. want to use this character for fun in sewers

heres what i have so far:

race: orc
mundis: warrior
food: lava foot
dark cloak/shade

2 pc potentates s&b for back bar, or 2 pc perfected brp dw

5 pc new moon with infused wd jewerly

5 pc impreg

Any of you guys have found succesful brawler builds, or know of any?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually saw a brawler stamblade who I though my did well, IDK what he was running.

NBs can be tanky but the problem is self healing, you’ll be outclassed by a stamwarden, DK or Necro in a brawl.

I’d try 2H for sure and S&B back bar potentates. 2H for rally, you’ll need the burst heal. Basicly buff your health more than normal and go for max stats so you have strong healing. A lot of players I see make the mistake of trying to be tanky and sacrificing max stats, you need high weapon damage for decent self healing. Think how can I get decent mitigation in a high weapon damage and high health build.

Maybe try NMA front bar 2H, potentates back bar S&B + x set + bloodspawn on a nord in 5 heavy.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 3:32PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I actually saw a brawler stamblade who I though my did well, IDK what he was running.

NBs can be tanky but the problem is self healing, you’ll be outclassed by a stamwarden, DK or Necro in a brawl.

I’d try 2H for sure and S&B back bar potentates. 2H for rally, you’ll need the burst heal. Basicly buff your health more than normal and go for max stats so you have strong healing. A lot of players I see make the mistake of trying to be tanky and sacrificing max stats, you need high weapon damage for decent self healing. Think how can I get decent mitigation in a high weapon damage and high health build.

Maybe try NMA front bar 2H, potentates back bar S&B + x set + bloodspawn on a nord in 5 heavy.

Thank you! i think we are definitely aligned. i am thinking of doing new moon front bar with orc. and if i run 3 infused with 1 regen and other 2 being WD. i feel confident i should have enough WD for decent heals.

Impreg, blood spawn, with 2 pc potato back bar and the use of shade + dark cloak should make me tanky enough?
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think Unchained Aggressor will be very nice for brawler builds
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've considered trying out Ancient Dragonguard, Fury, and Bloodspawn on a brawler.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Fury on brawlery-types myself.

What would a NB brawler bring over any of the other stam classes as a brawler, though? I guess that's the rub here - NB can function in a lot of capacities but it doesn't feel that it brings particularly amazing anything as a brawler. Happy to be proven wrong :)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

What would a NB brawler bring over any of the other stam classes as a brawler, though? I guess that's the rub here - NB can function in a lot of capacities but it doesn't feel that it brings particularly amazing anything as a brawler. Happy to be proven wrong :)

I’m guessing what would be best, you’d have to use trial and error.

What NBs bring would be minor protection and the merciless stacks mitigation. Plus I guess the fear?

It’s not much, but NBs that are built to be tanky are very tanky. It’s the one thing I miss since switching to magplar, NBs are tankier. Only issue is crap self healing so you’re dependant on other people’s healing to stay alive.

Fear is good though. I can’t stand it when I play my magplar and I see all these block tanks, I don’t have a fear so can’t do anything about it, but one fear in a burst combo and they go down faster than a blond on prom night.

Shade’s also not worth it unless you’re dueling or solo tower trolling.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 4:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

Such a good question. To be honest, i small scale with a NB and love having a fear to break a magplar/tank from its turtle. I think one thing that stands out to me, is that when they build tanky.. they are VERY tanky.

I agree with an above post. you have to build for max stats or wd. with no major mending, its crucial to build for stead WD or max stam. I think 3 infused wd with new moon will do the trick. as well as lava foot
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessing what would be best, you’d have to use trial and error.

What NBs bring would be minor protection and the merciless stacks mitigation. Plus I guess the fear?

It’s not much, but NBs that are built to be tanky are very tanky. It’s the one thing I miss since switching to magplar, NBs are tankier. Only issue is crap self healing so you’re dependant on other people’s healing to stay alive.

Fear is good though. I can’t stand it when I play my magplar and I see all these block tanks, I don’t have a fear so can’t do anything about it, but one fear in a burst combo and they go down faster than a blond on prom night.

NBs can definitely be built to be tanky. And they do have some nice burst combos around fear for sure, although I still tend to think they'd be weaker in that area than other brawlers. None the less, worth a try!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I mean why not give it a go.

One thing I’ve been playing with is I went back to the fear traps over mass hysteria. Mass hysteria kills your burst and takes up a GCD. Instead I’m having a lot better success as a magblade laying the trap down and kiting over it, or playing a bit defensively putting debuffs on people. Then when the fear triggers pounce and go full burst.

I’ve found one extra GCD of damage or guaranteeing your Ult will land is worth it.

I just unlocked onslaught on my stamblade (formerly magblade) so I’m planning on trying magblade strats on a stamblade.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 5:16PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is for nocp, ain for 31k stam 3300 buffed weapon damage and 24khp. 4k rally and 14k vigor tool tip is all you need. Nb does self healing is actualy fairly close to the other stam classes unless the other stam classes sacrifice more bar space for other heals. The problem with stamblade brawler is not the self heals, it's the struggle of keeping high uptime on shadow barrier passive if you are not using suprise attack in 5m OR sustaining the magica cost on utility buffs.

In cp, its actually very easy to build a stamblade brawler. As a nb, you can easily match self healing of other stambuilds via leeching strikes and power extraction which is 6 percent healing received right there alone. Forego temporal gaurd on backbar in place of dark cloak and throw on soul tether if you want for even more healing recieved.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    If this is for nocp, ain for 31k stam 3300 buffed weapon damage and 24khp. 4k rally and 14k vigor tool tip is all you need. Nb does self healing is actualy fairly close to the other stam classes unless the other stam classes sacrifice more bar space for other heals. The problem with stamblade brawler is not the self heals, it's the struggle of keeping high uptime on shadow barrier passive if you are not using suprise attack in 5m OR sustaining the magica cost on utility buffs.

In cp, its actually very easy to build a stamblade brawler. As a nb, you can easily match self healing of other stambuilds via leeching strikes and power extraction which is 6 percent healing received right there alone. Forego temporal gaurd on backbar in place of dark cloak and throw on soul tether if you want for even more healing recieved.

Hum, I’m actually considering Chudan just so I can use dizzy. I’m also planning on using concealed weapon for faster sneak speed.

Never would have thought I’d want to try Chudan on a NB, but so far my uptime on resolve has been terrible. What do you think?
    Edited by Iskiab on February 20, 2020 9:02PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Hum, I’m actually considering Chudan just so I can use dizzy. I’m also planning on using concealed weapon for faster sneak speed.

Never would have thought I’d want to try Chudan on a NB, but so far my uptime on resolve has been terrible. What do you think?

Imo chudan is only a consideration for NBs because of that reason. But its personal preference. Its tight but I can hit a dark cloak every 9 seconds if need be, I also use dark shade on tanky brawler stamblade so there is that one more enabler.