The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Memorial Garden - "Jone's Embrace"

chuck-18_ESO
chuck-18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, everyone. My cat, named Miss Jone (after the little moon of Tamriel), recently had a baby - ONE baby. She was a premie, and despite our hardest efforts, the kitten did not survive her fourth week.

I've been coping with the loss by building a small memorial garden in my home, named "Jone's Embrace," where I can honor her memory, and the memories of sweet cats before her. I thought I'd share my work. Making something beautiful to remember her by has been a cathartic experience.

ri56860bbxby.jpg

qxfyvk8nykwx.jpg

5cb19d97eja9.jpg

v2ve7e1t8v9o.jpg

xl6rkk1xajeu.jpg

n5sbpd86g9b9.jpg

58vy3ctu3k1b.jpg

The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's beautiful. :heart:

Sorry for your loss, especially after what must have been a very hard and exhausting time looking after her.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Sorry for your loss, especially after what must have been a very hard and exhausting time looking after her.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. <3

It was definitely a hard and exhausting few weeks. That's what makes the loss so hard, really. If she had passed in her first week, I might have thought that she'd never had a chance at all. But we were all so sure that since she'd made it to four weeks, she would be fine. I remember being so relieved when she hit four weeks, as if she were finally in the clear! But then she passed, less than 2 days into her fourth week. The guilt - the wondering what I might have done differently - is really the hardest part of it all. I keep wondering if she would have survived if I had spotted the warning signs sooner and rushed her to a veterinarian. Kittens are such fragile little things.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was definitely a hard and exhausting few weeks. That's what makes the loss so hard, really. If she had passed in her first week, I might have thought that she'd never had a chance at all. But we were all so sure that since she'd made it to four weeks, she would be fine. I remember being so relieved when she hit four weeks, as if she were finally in the clear! But then she passed, less than 2 days into her fourth week. The guilt - the wondering what I might have done differently - is really the hardest part of it all. I keep wondering if she would have survived if I had spotted the warning signs sooner and rushed her to a veterinarian. Kittens are such fragile little things.

I totally understand the feelings of guilt, I’ve been in a similar situation with a premie kitten. But I’m sure you did all you could, and it sounds like the kitten was well looked after and loved.
    Your memorial garden is beautiful, and oof, hit me right in the feels.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It sounds like you did everything you could.

As long as you were keeping a pretty constant eye on her and reacted when you did see there was something wrong, you did everything you could, feasibly, do.

Don't blame yourself, nature can be very cruel.
  • bluelights400
    bluelights400
    ✭✭✭
    This is incredible and I am so sorry for your loss <3
    i love borzois!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!