The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I change guild midgame?

ImTarvo
ImTarvo
Soul Shriven
Hi guys! New player here. I started playing yesterday and I'm now level 20. However, I just realized that I join the fighter guild while doing the quests. As a magplar I think the mage guild would be a better choice. I looked through the game and I didn't find if I could change my guild. Is it possible?
Edited by ImTarvo on February 19, 2020 10:57PM

Best Answers

• ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

You can join all in-game guilds. Player made guilds on the other hand, you can only be in 5 at a time. Hopefully this article here can provide a little more insight.

Best,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ImTarvo wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    It is worth joining both the Mages and the Fighter's guilds, if only because of "Intimidate" and "Persuade". Both skills add to your dialogue options, and in some cases, can really shorten what would have been a long quest.

Awesome! So to join the mage guild as well I just enter any Mage Guild building and I take the quest in there?

No, the Mages guild quests graduate to the next city in your Alliance zone ... starting in your first zone port city (Vuhlkel Guard, Davon’s Watch, or Daggerfall).
    Answer ✓
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fighters and mages guild you could just take the first quest in each and never touch the quest line again. You go up the fighters guild level by killing undead, demora and doing anchors. The mage guild you progress by reading books found in game. Of course you'd advance faster and gain skill points by doing the quest lines. The other guilds, Undaunted, Thieves, Psijics and Dark Brotherhood you actually have to do their quests to progress in the guild. But at 1st level you get thieves chests, (from thieves guild), and psijics portals (like thieves chests only from the Psijics). Both can have decent loot in them.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Answer ✓
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ImTarvo wrote: »
    It is worth joining both the Mages and the Fighter's guilds, if only because of "Intimidate" and "Persuade". Both skills add to your dialogue options, and in some cases, can really shorten what would have been a long quest.

Awesome! So to join the mage guild as well I just enter any Mage Guild building and I take the quest in there?

You don't even have to take the quest; talk to the steward about joining the guild. Once you join, the skill line shows up.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Intimidating_Presence
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Persuasive_Will

One of the first things I do with a new character is join the mages and fighter's guilds, before I meet the "hooded figure" and "mysterious benefactor". [yes, I know new characters start in the new chapters; I do the new tutorial once, then skip it. I head to the starting town for the character's faction, and start the original game first....I've got to stop making new alts....]
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can submit a ticket requesting it. I think that is the only chance besides reforming the guild. The good side of reforming the guild is most members not truly active in the guild will be thinned out leaving you with a core that is more likely to be active in the guild.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can join both for a more well rounded character.
  • ImTarvo
    ImTarvo
    Soul Shriven
    I meant the in-game guilds not the player created guilds :P
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think idk did not understand the question. You can be in both the fighter's guild and the mages guild, they are not exclusive (same with the other npc guilds).
  • ImTarvo
    ImTarvo
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings!

You can join all in-game guilds. Player made guilds on the other hand, you can only be in 5 at a time. Hopefully this article here can provide a little more insight.

Best,
    -Greg-

Great! Thank you so much
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You SHOULD be in both guilds, and join the Psijics, and Undaunted, too. They all have something to contribute to your character's development. Joining the Thieves Guild depends on your own RP needs.

Mages are expected to fight, just to do so with magical means. Everyone needs spells, if just to heal themselves when nobody else is around to help.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone needs spells, unfortunately many people cannot spell, and so we get thyngz lik ziss
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • ImTarvo
    ImTarvo
    Soul Shriven

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, that reply went in out of order..... :|