The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for a Flower Fairy Type Costume

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I tend to think of Bosmer as being a bit like Druids, or Flower Fairies, with their love of (and deep affinity with) plants.

So, I was pretty happy to discover the Nordic Bather's Towel, which (even though I think it's supposed to be leather?) can look like leaves, or the petals of a giant flower, especially with certain dyes:

W7MTmJnh.png

yW1dOX6h.png

However, with it being a bathing towel, rather than a dress, it also has the down side of showing a sliver of one buttock, at the back...

Which doesn't really bother me, too much, but can (apparently) give some people the wrong idea about the character and/or the person playing it.

So, I would like to put in a request for a version of this Towel, which is slightly longer at the back and (although not long) could be referred to as a dress (Petal Dress, or something), rather than a Towel.

It could also cover the midriff a bit more, or not; I don't really mind too much about that, personally.

I'm not looking for another long, demure, cloth dress; as there are plenty of them already.

As I say, I love the nature theme, hand made (/thrown together!) feel and also, quite like the freedom of the short Bather's Towel (as opposed to a longer dress), in general, but if something similar could be created, which is very slightly less x-rated, that would be ideal.

Thank you for our consideration. :smile:
Edited by Tigerseye on February 19, 2020 6:07PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, I know I am probably, technically, going against Green Pact rules, by thinking of it as dressing my Bosmer in plant parts...

Even if they are ragged, so if they were actually petals/leaves, would probably have been discarded ones, rather than living parts of a plant.

However, as long as the dress isn't referred to as Bosmer Petal Dress, I'm guessing it would be OK?

Also, the Bosmer Hireling goes against the Pact, so clearly some individuals do.

Could call it Rebel Bosmer Petal Dress. :lol:

Alternatively, it could be leather; just made to look like petals/leaves.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 19, 2020 6:32PM
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    open-uri20150422-12561-dd9h7b_50b4f3c1.jpeg

You mean something more along the lines of this? I agree that barring the towel, it feels like every costume has to be a demure to the floor dress. I'd vote for something like this! More costumes/armor for themes...instead of forcing a theme with an "off" outfit.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    open-uri20150422-12561-dd9h7b_50b4f3c1.jpeg

You mean something more along the lines of this? I agree that barring the towel, it feels like every costume has to be a demure to the floor dress. I'd vote for something like this! More costumes/armor for themes...instead of forcing a theme with an "off" outfit.

Yes, something like that, but obviously a bit more natural-looking and cobbled together from petal/leaf shaped pieces, more like the Bather's Towel.

Somewhere between the two, basically. :smile:

That kind of style and length, but with textures more similar to the Towel.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 19, 2020 8:08PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right. Little bit of lore here.

The whole Green Pact thing is the Bosmer aboriginal culture.

However, Bosmer, like all playable races, have free will.

There is nothing stopping a Bosmer from discarding the pact.

Same as there is nothing stopping a Redguard from engaging in necromancy.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • liadann
    liadann
    ✭✭
    I'm with you on that @Tigerseye. That costume is one of my favorites, mostly because you can see your body markings, but a Bosmerish dress version of it would be most welcome. :)
    PC | EU
    "May Y'ffre guide your path."
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not