The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whatever happened to giftable Crown Store houses?

Internet_Mask
Internet_Mask
✭✭✭
We can gift basically everything in the Crown Store to other players so why not houses?

The announcement article from 2018 seemed to imply that we would get the ability to gift houses at some point is that still on the table?
Note that at this point, player housing and some "instant unlock" items (such as Bag Space or Vampire bites) are unable to be gifted.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26375?Learn-About-Update-18’s-Gifting,-Daily-Rewards,-&-Combat-Changes

• drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Well, sure the devs stil lget the cash as someone does buy crowns for the house thats gifted but it kinda *** on the people who buy the houses for like $100 when they could of just got it for at the lowest like 1.5mil with some conversions.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakthir wrote: »
    Well, sure the devs stil lget the cash as someone does buy crowns for the house thats gifted but it kinda *** on the people who buy the houses for like $100 when they could of just got it for at the lowest like 1.5mil with some conversions.

Not a good excuse. The same can be said of anyone who buys the chapters instead of waiting a year so they're basically free or literally anything at all that ever returns to the crown store.

I'm assuming they just haven't cared enough to get back to giftable housing. I agree it'd be nice - I wouldn't use the feature, but anyone who wants to, for whatever reason, should be allowed to.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have never been giftable.

I've never seen a reason but I suspect it's because of the high $$ value of them
    Beta tester November 2013
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were giftable on PTS, but there were issues - IIRC players couldn't gift houses they already owned - and so that functionality got shelved.
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

Not a good excuse. The same can be said of anyone who buys the chapters instead of waiting a year so they're basically free or literally anything at all that ever returns to the crown store.

I'm assuming they just haven't cared enough to get back to giftable housing. I agree it'd be nice - I wouldn't use the feature, but anyone who wants to, for whatever reason, should be allowed to.

That is a good reason why they might not do it and it is not the same as the example you made.
    The houses currently have a very high price in crowns, 15k for a notable or if it was giftable minimum 1.5mil gold. Why would anyone spend $100 on a house if they can just get it for 1.5mil, it would stop people buying them for crowns which would hurt the devs. Anyone who had bought the house for crowns would feel cheated out of IRL money. It's not hard to save up crowns from eso plu sor jsut straight up buy it. Gifting of houses would be bad for the devs and people who have bought houses already so i doubt the ywill do it even if the functionality was there,

EDIT: If i buy this murkmire house for $100 or w/e and they bring out gifting houses a week later im demanding a refund lol
    Edited by drakthir on February 20, 2020 8:45AM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a good reason why they might not do it and it is not the same as the example you made.
    The houses currently have a very high price in crowns, 15k for a notable or if it was giftable minimum 1.5mil gold. Why would anyone spend $100 on a house if they can just get it for 1.5mil, it would stop people buying them for crowns which would hurt the devs. Anyone who had bought the house for crowns would feel cheated out of IRL money. It's not hard to save up crowns from eso plu sor jsut straight up buy it. Gifting of houses would be bad for the devs and people who have bought houses already so i doubt the ywill do it even if the functionality was there,

EDIT: If i buy this murkmire house for $100 or w/e and they bring out gifting houses a week later im demanding a refund lol

But someone still needs to buy the house for crowns. Nothing is lost.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭

The value of the house is reduced for the person that buys the house with crowns for IRL money, maybe you don't care about that but i would and i guess anyone else who spends $100 on a house would aswell.
    Edited by drakthir on February 20, 2020 9:57AM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The value of the house is reduced for the person that buys the house with crowns for IRL money, maybe you don't care about that but i would and i guess anyone else who spends $100 on a house would aswell.

Nobody else cares or knows how much a person spent on a house. They could have gotten it on sale one of the few times it has been available for a discount. Heck, they could have been extremely lucky and gotten it during one of the events where houses were rewards, like the 2018 Undaunted event. Owning the house doesn't say anything about a person's real life spending and if people are placing the value in that perceived idea, then they're not looking at the whole picture.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

Nobody else cares or knows how much a person spent on a house. They could have gotten it on sale one of the few times it has been available for a discount. Heck, they could have been extremely lucky and gotten it during one of the events where houses were rewards, like the 2018 Undaunted event. Owning the house doesn't say anything about a person's real life spending and if people are placing the value in that perceived idea, then they're not looking at the whole picture.

It's not about what other people think or what you say is a percieved idea of value. Looking at numbers unless you're rich a $100 dollar house is a massive amount of money for a digital house and many people have spent real money on houses.
    Guaranteed if they could of just bought it for 1.5mil gold with gifting they would have and no one would ever buy it with crowns.
    I am not talking about what other people think about my house or how other people view me and the house or w/e, real money has real value and a 15k house costs alot, its not percieved value it's a number value and that number is high.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was talking to support before. I had all these crowns on ps4 and wanted to switch to xbox so one thing i thought to use them on is a house.

they could do it but they said the problem with gifting homes is, no furniture items can be transferred with it. So rocks, trees etc. that are moveable
    what you get in a completely bare house.

So it is possible them to gift houses, but i suspect they don't want to go there when people realize they get nothing with it .
    Edited by Brandathorbel on February 21, 2020 1:58PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

It's not about what other people think or what you say is a percieved idea of value. Looking at numbers unless you're rich a $100 dollar house is a massive amount of money for a digital house and many people have spent real money on houses.
    Guaranteed if they could of just bought it for 1.5mil gold with gifting they would have and no one would ever buy it with crowns.
    I am not talking about what other people think about my house or how other people view me and the house or w/e, real money has real value and a 15k house costs alot, its not percieved value it's a number value and that number is high.

But someone will always need to buy it with crowns. The value wouldn't change since someone always need to buy it for crowns and then gift it. They are still overpriced cosmetics.

It's highly likely that ZoS will actually sell more houses if they were giftable, since: A lot of people don't care about the cosmetics from the crownstore but they still have a lot of crowns, so they sell them. A bunch of people want the crown exclusive houses but don't have the crowns for them, or don't want to use crowns on them out of principle.
    It would be a win-win.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!