The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Zenimax please can we have ' faction change token'? Please i beg you

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
So when I started Eso I had no idea what faction was what. I started out playing pve to immerse myself in the storylines etc. Then a couple of years on I tried out pvp and loved it. Forward 5 years and manylevel 50 alts later, i find myself pvping my favourite faction.

My main which is my first ever character is not even my fave faction. I only pvp on 1 faction. So i have some alts DC,EP and AD.

I want all my characters to be the faction that I love, the only faction i pvp in.

Please zos devs please allow us to have faction change tokens. Please.
Edited by Recent on February 20, 2020 7:47AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About a year ago Zos acknowledged they had seen the requests for faction change. In reply to that, they clearly stated they had no interest in offering such an option. They make the comments during one of their official streams.

Since some have said Zos has added that our choice of faction ties into many different areas of the game as part of Zos' reasoning. That would mean it is complex and more work than they think it is worth.

Regardless, the comment they made a year ago if fairly clear. So keep up the good fight but do not expect Zos to change their mind.
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm no thanks. PVP has enough issues as it is, implementing the ability for everyone to faction hop would just be throwing gasoline into a dumpster fire. Sorry bud
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple search would have revealed many many threads about this same topic.
    In them you would have seen that ZoS has been asked about this at events, on live streams and the forums many times.
    They are not interested in doing a faction change system because all of the things related to faction are numerous and the chances for a database error are large. They wont risk it.

So your choices are:

1. Continue to play the characters that are in your chosen PVP faction as you are now and leave the others for PVE land

2. Delete the ones that are not in your chosen faction and re-roll them in your chosen faction

3. Continue to be unhappy about something that wont change
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    2. Delete the ones that are not in your chosen faction and re-roll them in your chosen faction

Great idea, and thank you for your generosity in offering to buy those new characters all those skill lines and skyshards the current ones have. What a guy!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Great idea, and thank you for your generosity in offering to buy those new characters all those skill lines and skyshards the current ones have. What a guy!

Keep dreaming

I already rerolled 1 character because of faction locks and I leveled 2 other new characters since faction locks were implemented.

Other people can too. It's not hard.

And yes, I have a full time job, a family and and house to take care of.

The fact is with the amount of time people have spent whining about this, they could have leveled 10 characters by now with enough skyshards to be perfectly functional in Cyrodiil.

The other fact is Alliance Change tokens ARE NOT HAPPENING.
    So your choices remain the same.

Edited by Katahdin on February 20, 2020 6:08PM
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heres my response from the previous time this was brought up:

Zos, lets power play here. Let's add it but make it 12k crowns. Its a clear supply and demand here, if the demand is as high as these people claim then why not release it and jack the prices up? On top of that if its that absurdly high we won't have filthy faction hoppers making the people who care factions too terribly mad. Its a win win win for everyone. ;)
    Edited by Carespanker on February 20, 2020 6:12PM
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Fun fact, you can re-roll a character and power level to 50 in 4 hours via Skyreach farming. The time you posted this and to the time you're now reading this message, you could have gotten to 50, collected all the required skillshards for your build, and gotten all your skills leveled.
    PC-NA
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fun fact, you can re-roll a character and power level to 50 in 4 hours via Skyreach farming. The time you posted this and to the time you're now reading this message, you could have gotten to 50, collected all the required skillshards for your build, and gotten all your skills leveled.

Getting to 50 is fast yea, doing all the skill lines takes some time.. especially undaunted which takes forever. What takes the longest time is leveling skills, it’s dumb how long some take.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just remove "faction" from your character, and instead, you pick your starting storyline.

Once you move on to Cadwell's Silver or Gold, the concept of faction becomes meaningless to The Vestige. If you want to join the Alliance War, you should be able to pick whichever side you like when you queue in. No reason you can't switch to your alternate identity using the Light of Meridia.

Faction has been virtually meaningless mechanics-wise since One Tamriel.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Keep dreaming

So your proposed solution is, in fact, not really a solution.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep dreaming

So your proposed solution is, in fact, not really a solution.

Only because you choose to discount it as an option. That is your problem, not ZoS's problem.
    The fact is that it is the only solution there is and according to ZoS, that isnt going to change any time soon if ever

Edited by Katahdin on February 26, 2020 2:40AM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    The core game code pivots on Alliance. If they allowed Alliance change the bugs you've experienced would be laughable compared to what would occur if they allowed Alliance changes. They've said it is not possible for Alliance change because of Alliance being the core of the games code.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish, but i will end up just erasing my MagNecro and remaking him on DC, why the *** i did him on AD i will never remember, oh well... the only thing i lose are the achievement
    Edited by yRaven on March 5, 2020 12:46AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction has been virtually meaningless mechanics-wise since One Tamriel.

You would think. Except its not.
    Faction still determines a lot of things, including:
    Which Harborage and zones you use for the main quest
    Which zones you get the Fighters and Mages Guild quests
    Which zones you get guild dailies in while leveling
    Which zones you get for Cadwell's Silver and Gold, plus which zones you just get achievements for since there is no Cadwell's Bronze

Heck, even something as simple as which color a DK's Standard ultimate is! Yep, that changes according to your faction.

One Tamriel made faction irrelevant for grouping and the order of quests. It didn't make it meaningless.