Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Jewelry upgrade mat requirements and cost

Fightin_Irish_Johnny
Clarification about upgrading Jewelry from Epic to Legendary.

Maybe the required plating has changed over time ? I am not sure as I have only recently started back playing the past 6 months. I see posts saying it costs 4 chromium plating for epic to legendary. That would only give you a 40% chance of success. Another posted 8 which would only be an 80% chance. I think some may confuse the cost from superior to epic being 4 mats to do so at 100%.

As it is no one should be foolish enough to try anything but the 100% because of the penalty for failing results in a loss of the item. Which to me is truthfully a really bad mechanic. Perhaps scaling the penalty with something like dropping the item back in quality from epic to superior, fine or normal would be a better system for taking chances.

Right now for the 100% guarantee from epic (purple) to legendary (gold) it costs 10 (TEN) chromium plating mats. To upgrade from Superior (blue) to epic (purple) it costs 4 Zircon plating mats. Has this changed to increase over time ? Just wondering as I read other posters indicating different mat numbers required to upgrade.

The average trader price of chromium plating is 83,000 (rarely) to 150,000 each. So you are looking at $830,000 to $1,500,000 gold to upgrade from Epic to Legendary.

I know many of the people farming the mats and selling them will want things to continue as they are with the prices of the mats. It seems the jewelry mats are somewhere around 5x more expensive than other craft upgrade mats. I have read others saying it simply is not worth the cost of upgrading the jewelry because the increase to performance doesn't warrant the investment.

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone forgot to put skill points into "Plating Expertise", huh?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, put your skill points into plating expertise.

Only takes 4 Chromium for a 100% chance then.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Ok lil embarrassing :D I was wondering why it was so expensive. Well I did just start playing a few months ago so we learn as we go. As embarrassing as it is it is worth it to know there is a cheaper way. Reply appreciated. Cheers !
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok lil embarrassing :D I was wondering why it was so expensive. Well I did just start playing a few months ago so we learn as we go. As embarrassing as it is it is worth it to know there is a cheaper way. Reply appreciated. Cheers !

Don't forget to put skill points into the similar skills for BS, WW, and Clothing to reduce the costs to upgrade.
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    @Jayne_Doe Thank you :D I did just that. I had 64 skill points so I dumped them all into the different crafting skill lines. My crafting world just took GIANT leaps forward haha :wink: