The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do we need more furnishingslots in houses?

InaMoonlight
InaMoonlight
✭✭✭✭✭
They made SUCH a beautiful housing system, surely we donate enough for it to not feel like you're amputated?
Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D

Do we need more furnishingslots in houses? 38 votes

Yes. We need more furn slots
94%
wenchmore420b14_ESOAelorinIruil_ESOLivvybellatrixeddaimInaMoonlightBergisMacBrideAliasRedHymzirVulsahdaalLarianaHallothielLadyNalcaryaDojohodaLeogonkarthrag_inakElizabootsTelvanniWizardTigerseye 36 votes
Nah. It's fine.
5%
WildRaptorXKrawallbambi 2 votes
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes, obviously we do, but they keep saying they can't... :sad:

So, I think we will just have to content ourselves with:

1. Asking them to make large houses (in terms of their square footage), but with a Notable/Manor 700 furnishing limit (and medium sized houses, but with a 600 limit).

2. Asking them to make more small objects, especially very basic ones like food ingredients, available (to craft) in groups, as well as singularly.

Really all we can hope for, at the moment.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 17, 2020 1:54PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and modular rooms/walls with doors and/or windows already in them etc..
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes we do. But they've also explained why we're not getting them. Not anytime soon anyway.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but we need increased player cap more. Right now it IS possible to decorate an attractive house with the slots we have, but it isn't possible to have large events there, which defeats the entire purpose of housing for many.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a bit OT but one thing that Lotro did well in it's housing system was that you could swap floor/wall textures to your liking. I think at least the floor material control would be doable in most houses in ESO ? That would be an easy way to make the houses at least somewhat "unique".
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We NEED them. No excuses.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of now, only our friends at ZoS say "nah it's fine"
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just a max slots per account and you can use them all in one house if you want to?
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just a max slots per account and you can use them all in one house if you want to?

Because the amount in a small area isn't the issue it's the size of them rendering on a persons PC; there is no server issue at all as for the server it's nothing more than an itemID and a set of coordinates. To you though rendering it from your own game files it can be taxing when someone has 328 Blooming Ginkgo's all with their animated effects and their 78 Murkmire Shell lamps to create their perfect ambiance and then their 49 waterfalls to make a flowing river in their perfect garden that's the size of just the courtyard of the Grand Psijic Villa.
    MajThorax wrote: »
    As of now, only our friends at ZoS say "nah it's fine"

No they don't.
    We know that many of you have been hoping that our focus on performance improvements this year would directly result in an increased furnishing cap. We still have a lot of work left on the performance front and when it’s completed, we will reevaluate to see if we can increase the furnishing limits.

That doesn't sound like someone saying "Nah it's fine." it sounds like they are saying "We will look into the possibility if and when performance on lower end PCs and consoles won't negatively impact our game market."
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third option required: make the houses fit the available slots, by reducing the size of the top end. Or at least, don't scale down so quickly, so that a medium-sized home still has enough slots to fill it. Then we can just avoid the huge ones that are Crown-only.

I didn't say that, really!
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slots could be enough for me.

But they are not becuase I always have to reskin something moldy, hide something truly ugly, build something additional...

For example, a Lucky Cat Residence porch. It was an utterly ugly, useless space. I had to create a terrace, place stairs to get there, a fence for a terrace, mask the faults of the fence size with hedges, add more hedges to justify their presence at all, reskin existing floor and walls to match my newly built terrace, add rocks behind the terrace floating in the air. Damn - why the terrace is not there by default? It is such a banal and obvious idea that even a child can understand it. But not ZOS. They made a small ugly porch fit for nothing. A porch that consumed a lot of presious slots.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on February 18, 2020 5:05PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Third option required: make the houses fit the available slots, by reducing the size of the top end. Or at least, don't scale down so quickly, so that a medium-sized home still has enough slots to fill it. Then we can just avoid the huge ones that are Crown-only.

I didn't say that, really!

Well, some people might avoid all the Crown-only ones, if that happened, but other people might be more likely to consider buying a Crown-only house, if they had already had positive furnishing experiences, in their gold-purchased ones.

Whereas, if you have already bought a Manor/Notable (or, in fact, any sized house) and found the slots totally inadequate, for the size of the place, that will tend to put you off buying Crown-only ones, in future.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 18, 2020 9:20PM