The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

God of Schemes

Bizarre_Kismet
Hello,

Have done all the faction quests (DC), Did the Fighters Guild and Mage Guild, got the 3 Armies to unite, went to Cold Harbour and completed everything on map, went back to Hollow City and talked to Meridia and the dying King.

But apparently there is another quest called God of Schemes - yet I even went to the Harborage to talk to the Prophet and nothing?

Any help/guidance appreciated.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God of Schemes is the final quest of the Main Quest, so as long as you've done all the main quests including the Council of the Five Companions, it should be active.

Alternatively, if you have any of the Elsweyr Prologue quests active, those have a remarkable tendency to break the Main Quests involving Abnur Tharn. Abandon or complete them and it should progress.
  • Bizarre_Kismet
    God of Schemes is the final quest of the Main Quest, so as long as you've done all the main quests including the Council of the Five Companions, it should be active.

Alternatively, if you have any of the Elsweyr Prologue quests active, those have a remarkable tendency to break the Main Quests involving Abnur Tharn. Abandon or complete them and it should progress.

Ahhh, Elsweyr was the pack we bought to start ESO so started the beginning part until we could get to a Wayshrine. I will try cancelling the mission and see if that helps; thank you.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, Elsweyr was the pack we bought to start ESO so started the beginning part until we could get to a Wayshrine. I will try cancelling the mission and see if that helps; thank you.

Its specifically "The Demon Weapon" and "The Halls of Colossus" that cause the most issues with Tharn.
  • Bizarre_Kismet

Its specifically "The Demon Weapon" and "The Halls of Colossus" that cause the most issues with Tharn.

Again, thank you.

We did have the Demon Weapon Mission and deleted it but still have not unlocked the last mission. We reloaded and now have a Main Quest Mission to meet Abnor Tharn? I think it is the Demon Weapon mission again? A little confusing lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only Main Quest that starts with speaking to Tharn is "The Tharn Speaks."

An easy way to check your progress on the Main Quest is to look at your achievements. If you've completed everything up through Council of Five Companions in the MQ, and it looks to me like you've done all the Coldharbor prerequisites by finishing "The Final Assault", its probably time to put in a Support ticket.
  • Bizarre_Kismet
    Solution:

VaranisArano looks to have been right with the deletion of the Demon Weapon quest. Thank you sir <O

Once deleted we seem to be on a main quest that has us (wife and I) saving Sai Sahan - the dialogue continues to mention Mannimarco, so I believe due to jumping ahead by starting an Abnur Tharn mission tied with the Elsweyr, it prevented us from starting an earlier Abnur mission.

Having looked up the current quest and viewed next quest info, we will indeed make it to the God of Schemes mission!
  • Bizarre_Kismet
    Too add, I have to run up to get to the Gates of Daggerfall and then the Prophet sends me back to the Harborage. :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too add, I have to run up to get to the Gates of Daggerfall and then the Prophet sends me back to the Harborage. :)

Yep, he's a real troll about that. :) Won't just hand you the next quest, no. You've got to leave the Harborage, and just when you think you can kick up your heels with a drink in an inn, the Prophet shows up: "Vestige! Come to the Harborage at once, we must speak."

"I was just there!"