The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Moon sugar meadow: RP issue, water request, possible to build a house in the meadow?

EternalDiva
EternalDiva
✭✭✭
of course Moon Sugar Meadow is a dream! so much room to build!!! But what happens when it rains? Regardless if you are in a tent, or built your own roof over your head the "rain" is somehow coming down inside your homw and drenching everything. Spent a sunny day setting up a nice little section with crafting, a tent, place to sleep, cooking area etc...was perfect! And then it rained.Made for a soggy mess.

I know there is no way we can control that effect because we cant write scripts like we would do in secondlife for example. So dear ESO please please give us some way to specify a "roof" that the rain wont go right through. Its an RP thing.

As for water...its brown. My fav place to be would be next to the water fall but I cant build on the water due to a big darn bolder. Maybe a future update could let us move out some of those boulders?

Also, why does the water have to look so muddy? Its not an attractive swim. I know it cant be blue, but maybe a bit clearer, cleaner?

Id love to see some house options that we could make to set down in the meadow. Premade not brick by brick. Various styles would be nice as building anything as nice as pre-built homes is really limited. Lunar hall came with a little house which was great. No rain indoors when the water works are on. Just like to have that option in the meadow as well.

anyway just some ideas!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying. I will not be purchasing that house as I can't imagine that these issues will be fixed.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So dear ESO please please give us some way to specify a "roof" that the rain wont go right through. Its an RP thing.

That would be possible but it might be easier for them and us if rain simply didn't pass through furnishing objects.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    Also, since it's called 'meadow' it would be great if all of it could actually be covered with grass. It doesn't look very meadowy and natural if most of the space is covered with stone floors. I get it, you want to give people room to build, but could we at least get some giant items of only grass/flowers to cover that up? I got it because I wanted a place with mostly landscape and nature and some little corners with smugglers' hideouts or tents (for RP). It is still beautiful but that is something that really frustrates me. Placing trees on cobblestone doesn't make it look like a meadow/forest, and the item limit is too small to cover everything with small patches of flowers.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The muddiness doesn't bother me - most rivers look like that.

I live in the UK and the Thames looks like that, even upstream from London.

However, the raining inside thing does bother me...

I wish they would introduce modular housing components, or even whole houses you could place on these plots, that would keep out the rain.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The water is so ugly I would not want to purchase this house for that one reason. You’re going to want to build near the water and it ruins the scenery.

I don’t remember the rivers in Northern Elsweyr being like that in the rest of the zone.

Plus the other houses I can think of had nice clear sparkling water and waterfalls in them.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 16, 2020 4:07AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rain has been an issue in housing for ages.

Rains underneath the house in Sleek Creek, in the witches one in Glenumbra, as well as through any structure you create.

Just one of those things.....🤨
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain in houses seems to be a console-only problem :(. No problems in the witches' hut, for example.
    If I build a shack/house on my meadow and don't select a collision-free material (like some tapestries/curtains, for example) for the roof, the rain won't get through, either. Even most rugs will stop me from getting wet if placed above my head.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    The muddiness doesn't bother me - most rivers look like that.

I live in the UK and the Thames looks like that, even upstream from London.

That is totally realistic but something not everyone loves.

In one place I worked, the graphic design person showed me the latest brochure she'd done in which the water of the river running through the city looked a suspiciously spectacular blue instead of its familiar muddy brown.

Which she freely confessed to having faked. We weren't actually selling the river or anything related to it so it wasn't false advertising.
    The water is so ugly I would not want to purchase this house for that one reason. You’re going to want to build near the water and it ruins the scenery.

I don’t remember the rivers in Northern Elsweyr being like that in the rest of the zone.

eso-skyshards-elswyer-1-riverhold-900x506.jpg

eso-skyshards-elweyr-3-creeks-end-shadows-dance.jpg

nZG6qc0.jpg

latest?cb=20191231173142
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the water was more blue than it is too, but it is a Khajit style home. Elsweyr is not very blue or meadow-y, so....
  • EternalDiva
    EternalDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Rain in houses seems to be a console-only problem :(. No problems in the witches' hut, for example.
    If I build a shack/house on my meadow and don't select a collision-free material (like some tapestries/curtains, for example) for the roof, the rain won't get through, either. Even most rugs will stop me from getting wet if placed above my head.

Are you on PS4? I am and am not aware of anything being collision free. I made a dome with curtains and the rain comes inside as if nothing was there. I've got a tent...same thing. what am I missing?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not fair. PC does not have rain inside houses, I've never seen rain inside my house in MM. In fact, I've never seen rain underneath an overhanging awning for that matter. VERY bad oversight there. Needs lots and lots of tickets put in.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on PS4? I am and am not aware of anything being collision free. I made a dome with curtains and the rain comes inside as if nothing was there. I've got a tent...same thing. what am I missing?
    No, I'm on PC. Some tapestries (for example) have collision, some have not. I sometimes use those collision-free tapestries as doors (the Khajiit ones, mostly); one day I used a pro-collision Redguard tapestry as a door by mistake. Well, I couldn't pass through it and thus had to exchange it. And I have used rugs as rain-proof ceilings.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    That's not fair. PC does not have rain inside houses, I've never seen rain inside my house in MM. In fact, I've never seen rain underneath an overhanging awning for that matter. VERY bad oversight there. Needs lots and lots of tickets put in.

I’ve brought this issue up several times here but cannot get anyone at ZOS to respond.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA