The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nicer Boat For Master Fisher/Angler Achievement

Android_Archer
Android_Archer
✭✭✭
I can only speak for myself, of course. But, for my effort, I think the boat furnishing you get access to, after completing the Master Fisher/Angler achievement, is pretty pathetic and doesn't reflect the level of effort/dedication that's required to complete this task. With so many other boat models in the game, especially since the release of Summerset, I think this achievement furnishing model needs to be revisited. I've attached just one suggestion of a boat model that I think is a better option. It's still a small enough size boat that a single fisher could manage it of course. After all, we can't expect a Galleon as our reward. :p

What do my fellow Master Anglers think? What other small boat models currently in game, would you rather see as this achievements available furnishing?
ggut4hmo9fyi.png
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think everything should be tied to the Master Angler achievement (as not everyone is going to want to do that), but it would be nice to have some better boat furnishings, in general.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

My main fishing character wants this specific boat because it's like one that he and his love hung out in early on in their relationship.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can appreciate the desire for something different, but I don't hate this one.

One of the reasons I will probably eventually bother to fish and get this achievement on any character is for the boat. Would go nicely at the Tel Galen dock to smuggle slaves to safety.

Other boats already exist in the game though so could be added without much actual effort / cost.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With so many other boat models in the game, especially since the release of Summerset, I think this achievement furnishing model needs to be revisited.
    ggut4hmo9fyi.png

I don't think it needs to be revisited; it's actually I think the achievements need revisited.
    Only the base game fishing has any reward tied to their angler achievements, but everything afterwards just has little-to-nothing and I always found it weird. It seems like completing each DLC zones/chapter respective fishing achievement should reward you with a respective fishing furniture. Maybe it's an orcish fishing rod; perhaps it's a summerset noble's lake boat; maybe it's one of those nice big boats in Senchals harbor. It's always struck me weird that the new fishing achievements have no incentive for them.
    Edited by Kittytravel on February 15, 2020 11:40PM
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear, the boat pictured is NOT the boat you get to purchase, when you complete the achievement. The boat pictured in the post is just one model I think would be a more appropriate reward. This is the boat you currently can purchase, once you complete the achievement. As you can see, it's really a PoS.

spobsz2kub9k.png
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    You should get a boat for all 3 major areas that are required for master, and then they should add some interactable boat to the master angler achievement
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it contradicts the title, I'd actually like to see a few simpler boats available for furnishing. Maybe only with Master title, but a few rowboats would fit in a lot more homes, so I'd like some of those, too.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a second boat is needed as it isnt something that is easily done.
    plus extra boats for finishing the exp areas would make sence as right now there isnt really a reason to do those except for the achivement.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, the boat pictured is NOT the boat you get to purchase, when you complete the achievement. The boat pictured in the post is just one model I think would be a more appropriate reward. This is the boat you currently can purchase, once you complete the achievement. As you can see, it's really a PoS.

spobsz2kub9k.png

Wow that is a crappy boat. Of all the models to choose from for an achievement why did they go with the plainest ugliest boat there is in the game? I mean someone had to have had a meeting on this at ZoS when trying to pick an achievement and they came up with this? I'm not even a fisherman but to me it seems to be the longest most tedious goal there is and hats off to those that do it. But holy crap that just seems like a slap in the face to players to me. I'm in agreement with the OP, ANYTHING is better than this.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boat.

dFdTbkf.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

spobsz2kub9k.png

Wow that is a crappy boat. Of all the models to choose from for an achievement why did they go with the plainest ugliest boat there is in the game? I mean someone had to have had a meeting on this at ZoS when trying to pick an achievement and they came up with this? I'm not even a fisherman but to me it seems to be the longest most tedious goal there is and hats off to those that do it. But holy crap that just seems like a slap in the face to players to me. I'm in agreement with the OP, ANYTHING is better than this.

It has the virtue of being small enough to fit in lesser waterways like my private stream at Serenity Falls.

uZpnoDCh.jpg
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on February 21, 2020 2:28AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see another couple of boat styles to fill out the outdoor water sports area of "Ali's Bank and Emporium". Something like the one in the original post and maybe a couple of smaller boats that can be rowed.

c7azhegflynn.png

ehmi6tkeuxig.png
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

spobsz2kub9k.png

I think they like to start small and plain, in MMOs, so they then have somewhere to go, later.

Of course, with some things, we seem to have permanently stalled at small and plain...

Not that I dislike this boat - but, still, we could all do with some better ones.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 20, 2020 5:50AM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    I think a second boat is needed as it isnt something that is easily done.
    plus extra boats for finishing the exp areas would make sence as right now there isnt really a reason to do those except for the achivement.

They'd make the perfect place to award rowboats. Preferably a different style for each region.
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    While I wouldn't mind a dock filled with different looking boats, representing each alliance area, I think a single boat is a good and, suitably large reward, representing the global achievement. But, going with the idea of perhaps, smaller rewards commemorating the lesser achievements say, completion of all zones for each alliance, how about making each of the unique fish that you catch, available as furnishing decorations?

I know many people like and have built, display aquariums in their houses. Wouldn't it be cool if the time spent catching these unique fish, was also rewarded with the option of keeping those unique fish, to use as decorations in your house? If not each of those fish, maybe some other alliance zone identifying, fishing related reward, in the form of a furnishing? Like a decoration fish that has some visual similarity to and, a name that echos each alliance emblem?

For instance, EP's emblem is a Dragon so, once you complete the fishing achievement for the EP zones, you have access to a unique Dragon Fish decoration. Likewise, DC completion gives access to a Lion Fish decoration and AD an Eagle Fish decoration. Each is mounted on a plaque you can hang on your wall or, just fully 3D models that you can put in your home aquarium. Heck, why not offer both options!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to have a lousy canoe -- if you could use it as a mount on water to move faster than dog paddling. And if you could sit in it and do your fishing.