The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tank Alternative to Warhorn

Lance_Caugheyb14_ESO
I'm building up a necrotank, but really don't want to PVP to get Warhorn, is there any viable alternative.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing that's gonna replace Warhorn specifically. But you do have access to Colossus on Necro, which isn't bad at all. Depending on what content you wanna end up doing you may need to get Warhorn in the end(try claiming AP daily login bonuses on this character also; it's not fast but it's free AP). But if no one is requiring it of you, or you're pugging, you're certainly free to use Colossus. Just make sure to time it right, as you're definitely using it more for the debuff than the damage itself (IDK how good the colossus damage is on necrotank honestly).
    There's also resto-staff ult, but that's only an option in 4man content and my gut says Colossus would end up more efficient. May depend on the group tho.
    Edited by Raisin on February 14, 2020 9:41AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm building up a necrotank, but really don't want to PVP to get Warhorn, is there any viable alternative.

Its only one evening of running with a PUG in Cyrodiil and repairing keep doors/walls, so its really easy to unlock it and totally worth it!
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do battlegrounds. It only takes 22,400 to reach level 4 per https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points

rewards are here https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Battlegrounds

or

Alliance Point Reward Tiers
    First Place - 12000+ AP + an extra champion reward through mail.
    Second Place - 10000+ AP
    Third Place - 7250+ AP

so like 4 Battlegrounds coming in last place will earn you warhorn. They only last 15 minutes at top. 1 hour total not counting waiting for a match. Easy to obtain it.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just repair walls in Cyro, it will take (with some luck) 10-15 minutes to safety get War horn. No encounters with hostile players.

However, you totaly don't need that skill if you aim for PUG dungeons any diffuculty. War horn is super meh for such content. Use self survive ultimates instead. The best tank is one who can stay alive no matter what. I use Temp Guard (front) and Magma shell (back) on my DK tank. I don't need a healer, i can take ton of damage while ressurection other players.

Oh, and since you are Necro tank, that Necro ressurect ulti is 100 times better than War horn )
    For dungeons, again.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use Colossus on one bar and the 3 person rez on the other bar. I've run in groups where both of these are asked for as a tank. However you are gimping the group if you don't have Warhorn on at least one bar because that is a necessary group buff for some of the harder content.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.