The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Abandon Kaal Campaign PC NA

leem1988
leem1988
✭✭✭
I have 1 DC character in Kaal. If I abandon that campaign and pay 100k ap, will I be able to use characters from another alliance immediately or do I have to wait for the campaign to reset? Most of my characters are AD.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All my characters are AD so i don't really know, but as far as i know, if u pay you should be able to use them right away.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it reset tomorrow?
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    yes but I wanted to get a lot of transmute crystals from the tier 1 rewards at the end of the campaign. I planned on using all of my AD characters to get 350 total before the campaign resets. I didn't want to wait another month to get them. I just wasn't sure if the campaign would just take my 100k AP if I abandoned the campaign, but not remove my DC character because its a locked campaign.

I read that people were spending lots of AP to abandon the locked campaigns only to find out that it didn't work.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The easiest approach is to set your DC character's home to Laatvulon when the campaign ends. Which is to say, before the campaign ends go to the campaign screen, right click on Laat and select Home, and it pops up a dialog that let's you re-home immediately (sometimes for a price) or to automatically change when campaign ends (no AP charge). Choose the second option.

You have to re-home any DC characters to other campaigns that are currently homed on Kaal to be able to play another faction on Kaal. I've done this before twice (on Bahlokdaan) and once you do this you'll be able to play the new faction immediately once the new campaign begins.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are locked. If you abandon the campaign, you abandon the rewards (and geodes) you have earned.

What you can do is home your AD characters to Laat and earn geodes there.