The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cannot install the game: "Multiple launches of this installer is not allowed. It will not quit."

Experge
Experge
tqogqmuqo1ih.png

Hello everyone, I just tried to install the game after setting up a new PC and it just doesn't work. I keep getting the same error message everytime and the installer just closes.

I tried pretty much everything I can think of: redownloading, rebooting, running as admin/not as admin, running windows in safe mode, renaming the installer, moving the installer to my Windows drive/SSD/HDD, trying to install from a USB/external hard drive, running the install in compatibility mode, checking task manager if there is a bugged copy of the installer running, creating a new windows profile to install, etc etc etc, NOTHING works.

Then I moved the file to my laptop(same windows and build/version as well) and it just works...

I don't know what else to try, can anyone help?
  • Experge
    Experge
    Hey, I managed to figure out a fix for this problem. My solution is this:

1. Use "Winrar" to extract the Installer file
    2. Navigate this path: "Installer Data" -> "Disk 1" -> InstData" -> "Resource1"
    3. Extract "Recource1" again, like with Installer
    4. Navigate this path: "$IA_PROJECT_DIR$" -> "src_path" -> "Launcher"
    5. Use the launcher to install the game, then move the game to the install direction you want. The launcher will bug out/crash several times, just keep relaunching it and it will eventually install the game.

Very annoying to install the game like that, but at least it works.