The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do something about old sets that increase damage to specific abilities

ForTheEmpire
I got a magplar pvp toon that relies on high damage and heal of puncturing sweep , I was running NMA + Bright Throat and decided to switch BT with War maiden to increase the damage even further (at cost of losing sustain of course ).
I was SHOCKED to see my damage tool-tip even reduced by like 200! While it should have gone higher by calculations (It seems these kind of sets only scales with primary stats)
Please reconsider and improve them so they may be useful again
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Working as intended...
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like perhaps the problem is NMA? WM provides less damage than NMA, and WM provides it to only a single type.

I think those sets could also use a minor boost, as power creep has occurred and they aren't as valuable as they once were. But NMA is just too strong. The cost penalty is too little for the amazing bonuses. And yes, the 5 rocks - but so do the 2/3/4. At least they put crit on it instead of max stat, or it'd be totally broken.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maiden has around 633 effective damage for magicka abilities

NMA has around 610. But you get a little over 2% more damage from the spell pen.

Personally I think NMA is bugged and providing more effect that the numbers imply. There are tons of sets out there with 450+ dmg stat, you wouldn't think an extra 31 would make it so much better.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP did some miscalculations for his tooltips. Already warmaidens 5th piece bonus should be equal to all the stats bright-throat provides. Maybe you looked at a skill, that does not deal magic damage or you forgot to put spelldamage glyphs on the new jewelry? Also pls keep in mind that warmaiden will not show up in the stat sheet and maybe also misses in some tooltips.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta comparison test it on a dummy and see what the actual damage is. Tooltips can be misleading.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sets like war maiden literally dont show on tooltips.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Sets like war maiden literally dont show on tooltips.

for sure.

but neither does penetration.

edit: wait, I thought it showed up on tooltip but not character sheet?
    Edited by mav1234 on February 16, 2020 1:55AM