The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magplar pvp gear choices

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Clever Alchemist + Jorvlund build:

3x infused potion speed glyphs = 21 second potion cooldown
    Jorvlund extending durations by 40%, so the 15 second boosts become 21 seconds

Is Jorvald's getting a buff? Previously it's only extended the duration of major/minor buffs. It doesn't affect the potion cooldown or clever alchemist, no named buffs there.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Clever Alchemist + Jorvlund build:

Is Jorvald's getting a buff? Previously it's only extended the duration of major/minor buffs. It doesn't affect the potion cooldown or clever alchemist, no named buffs there.

Look at the potions: major expedition, minor protection, major vitality, and minor heroism.

Jorvlund’s is because DKs have a lot of named buffs (the most), plus run BRP DW. Clever alchemist is getting a buff too, the duration will become 20 seconds so with 3x infused potion speed your pot cooldown will be 21 seconds, meaning you can get almost 100% uptime on the weapon/spell damage.

Argonian because potion passive, plus the healing done + minor and major vitality + major mending would be hilarious. Outside of pvp each vigor tick would almost be a full heal on a crit.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 14, 2020 3:00PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lughlongarm

So I decided to see just what kind of stuff you can get from potions since most alchemy calculators are out of date. Here's what I think would be the best in a Clever Alchemist + Jorvlund build:

One of these two would be best imo, I'm not familiar with DKs enough to know how to build it, but there MUST be something there.

https://imgur.com/iqbZFnF

https://imgur.com/DSBkwxy

Speed to allow using wings since you won't need the expedition from RAT.

Yes, this is the potion I was talking about.

Such a powerful potion with Clever Alchemist+ Argonian+ 3x infused potion speed glyphs.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahh, misread it. Thanks for clarifying it's the potion buffs being extended, which is true.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lughlongarm

So I decided to see just what kind of stuff you can get from potions since most alchemy calculators are out of date. Here's what I think would be the best in a Clever Alchemist + Jorvlund build:

One of these two would be best imo, I'm not familiar with DKs enough to know how to build it, but there MUST be something there.

https://imgur.com/iqbZFnF

Speed to allow using wings since you won't need the expedition from RAT.

Yes, this is the potion I was talking about.

Such a powerful potion with Clever Alchemist+ Argonian+ 3x infused potion speed glyphs.

Yea I think that one would be good, but vitality + heroism + protection might be better just because Ult gen on a DK is really good. I’m not sure, more ults for more sustain/leaps is attractive.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 14, 2020 4:28PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Akinos i like your high offensive skills drain execute camo and mag light beautiful build right there SnB front with Destro back or 2h it’s a solid build my guy and those are some great clips I have always admired your work
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think limiting the buffs you have to apply before attacking your oppenent is the way foward. Think about it on a typical magplar, you have at least 4 skills you have to use before you can even think about jumping in, on some builds that could be 5. That's 4 or 5 seconds of saying hold on while I buff up on you!
    For me I try to limit that to 3 - channeled focus,
    ele drain and purifying light.
    By using camo hunter and inner light I get passive dmg increase and if needed pots for additional spell power.
    Edited by Syiccal on February 14, 2020 6:19PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    I basically shelved my magplar for now though, I was maining magnecro but since that is gonna be near impossible to land ults on people without vamp drain, and i refuse to use flame clench. And every other cc I can use aren't too good...I tried them all. Going back to my magdk for the moment.
    I actually knocked a couple people out of my Colossus Ults when I was trying out Flame Clench in preparation of Vamp Drain becoming worthless :( Doesn't pair all that well with Meteor either, since the stun is blockable and the Ult is so telegraphed.

At least Blastbones will generally work, as long as he doesn't get LOS'd during the 2.5 second assembly time (plus the duration of a stun/fear, if one should happen). I actually lost a 1v1 earlier cause he wanted to have a staring contest with the Major Vulnerability'd Stamina DK that got to like 5% hp. Pretty good place for a class to be ~9 months after release IMO.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I think limiting the buffs you have to apply before attacking your oppenent is the way foward. Think about it on a typical magplar, you have at least 4 skills you have to use before you can even think about jumping in, on some builds that could be 5. That's 4 or 5 seconds of saying hold on while I buff up on you!
    By using camo hunter and inner light I get passive dmg increase and if needed pots for additional spell power.

Yeah its called opportunity cost. The problem is in game, a lot of buffs are huge. I also liked to use spell power POTs because of this but given the way CC immunity can be bugged out by getting hit by CC before the break free takes full effect, and the full effect is delayed, I find it harder to forgo immovable pots
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    @Akinos i like your high offensive skills drain execute camo and mag light beautiful build right there SnB front with Destro back or 2h it’s a solid build my guy and those are some great clips I have always admired your work

Thanks man :)
    Syiccal wrote: »

This is why rattlecage was/is still so good and underrated. The less time you have to spend buffing up simply means that you can spend more time putting damage into your opponent. I always hated having to rebuff every 15-20 seconds, in most of the other mmo's i've played basic buffs last for like 5-20 minutes depending, and super strong fight changing buffs were the ones that lasted for 20 seconds or less.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    I basically shelved my magplar for now though, I was maining magnecro but since that is gonna be near impossible to land ults on people without vamp drain, and i refuse to use flame clench. And every other cc I can use aren't too good...I tried them all. Going back to my magdk for the moment.
    I actually knocked a couple people out of my Colossus Ults when I was trying out Flame Clench in preparation of Vamp Drain becoming worthless :( Doesn't pair all that well with Meteor either, since the stun is blockable and the Ult is so telegraphed.

At least Blastbones will generally work, as long as he doesn't get LOS'd during the 2.5 second assembly time (plus the duration of a stun/fear, if one should happen). I actually lost a 1v1 earlier cause he wanted to have a staring contest with the Major Vulnerability'd Stamina DK that got to like 5% hp. Pretty good place for a class to be ~9 months after release IMO.

Lol yeah thats the main reason i don't wanna run flame clench, knocking people out of my own damage, that and non master staff damage is crap compared to dual wield or 2 hander. My playstyle is more magicka melee focused. Melee magnecro is harder to pull off then anything else I've done, with the exception of melee magblade and that's just because magblade doesn't have any real aoe pressure outside of bombing.
    Edited by Akinos on February 14, 2020 8:12PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hate having to spend my time buffing, especially out numbered the more passive buffs I can get the better as it means I can spend more time either pressuring 1 of the x to reduce numbers or be kiting/defending instead of trying to get 10-15 seconds of sorcery or prophecy
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The worst I find is the mage guild line dot for sorcery. Having to have a target to get major sorcery is terrible.

Btw, anyone check out being able to pot while you’re cc’d change? Consuming a pot takes a GCD, but the patch notes implied you can pot while stunned now. Does that mean you can use a stamina/health/immovable pot? How does it work?

Worst class for buffs consuming all your GCDs is MagWarden hands down. I designed what looked like a decent build and went into cyrodiil. With lag and having to recast abilities multiple times it felt like buffing was all I was doing. I was a healer who only spent half my time healing.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 14, 2020 9:05PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair