The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does double ultimate (same) get you twice the effect in group?

sunpoebow
sunpoebow
I looked it up but couldn't find an answer so sorry if this has been discussed before. So in a situation where you have two DK in pug and they both have the Dragonknight Standard ultimate, should they drop it at the same time or wait for the first one to go off and then the other drops the second one? Or does double ultimate mean double effect which doesn't sound rational to me. Cause I have been in situations like that and would like to communicate with other DK to use it in turns.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be used in Turns.

Rule of Thumb,

Same Effect Name does not Stack.
    Same Effect can Stack if the Name is Different, usually this is something like Major and Minor.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Shifting Standard can be used by the same DK with almost 100% Uptime, if they have decent Ulimate Gen. Then the second DK can run the Shield ultimate (forget name)
    Edited by Nestor on February 10, 2020 3:56PM

• sunpoebow
    sunpoebow
    Thanks for the explanation. I use it only on boss fights so usually it's up and ready for the next one and as you suggested when we are with 2 DKs in a group some change might get us to a much better place at that point. And the shield ultimate you mean corrosive armor I guess. I don't have it yet (I just started building this one) but sounds like a good choice. Thank you again.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It very much depends on what effects matter to you,and that in turn depends on the content and group you are running. To take your example of DK standard, that has several effects. There is steady flame damage over time within the area; that will stack if multiple standards are down. It applies Major Defile to enemies; this will not stack. It provides the caster with a buff to damage done and reduced damage taken; this only applies to the caster so there's no redundancy if two standards are down. Finally, it has a damage synergy; one other person will not be able to use both of they are down simultaneously but if you have a large group you can get two synergies via different players activating it.
  • sunpoebow
    sunpoebow
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    It very much depends on what effects matter to you,and that in turn depends on the content and group you are running. To take your example of DK standard, that has several effects. There is steady flame damage over time within the area; that will stack if multiple standards are down. It applies Major Defile to enemies; this will not stack. It provides the caster with a buff to damage done and reduced damage taken; this only applies to the caster so there's no redundancy if two standards are down. Finally, it has a damage synergy; one other person will not be able to use both of they are down simultaneously but if you have a large group you can get two synergies via different players activating it.

Thanks for the answer. So if I didn't misunderstand in a group of four the synergy works twice in this case and the flame damage gets higher sorry I am kinda new to the game (only 2 months) still trying to follow up the lingo by reading a lot and get more confused sometimes.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about the damage part of Standard.

Damage is something that stacks in the game coming from different players. But not the same player. In other word, there is no reason to spam a damage over time skill, just re-apply it as the timer runs out. Some DoT skills have a burst component on the initial application but it is usually better to apply another DoT or Spam Skill while the first DoT is active.

• sunpoebow
    sunpoebow
    Nestor wrote: »

Damage is something that stacks in the game coming from different players. But not the same player. In other word, there is no reason to spam a damage over time skill, just re-apply it as the timer runs out. Some DoT skills have a burst component on the initial application but it is usually better to apply another DoT or Spam Skill while the first DoT is active.

Thank you again. I'll will take all this into consideration. yet keeping up with timer is still a big challenge for me in the heat of combat. I still need to learn to keep my cool but when other players start to panic and break the formation I panic too and then smash the buttons like a maniac:)
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had thought the standard had mitigation to the group but eso skills says otherwise. I’m sure there’s no group damage buff and in dungeons we generally drop ulti’s to burn something fast so drop it all.

Dungeon Ulti’s you don’t want to stack:

Offensive: Warhorn (can after 8 or 30sec), Colossus (can after 20 sec)

Defensive:
    Barriers (usually best dungeon option unless tank needs a more powerful survival ulti), Multiple Novas, not used much especially two sources but multiple protection sources (NB/Warden) too
    Edited by thadjarvis on February 11, 2020 7:00PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sunpoebow wrote: »

Thank you again. I'll will take all this into consideration. yet keeping up with timer is still a big challenge for me in the heat of combat. I still need to learn to keep my cool but when other players start to panic and break the formation I panic too and then smash the buttons like a maniac:)

If you are on PC, there are timer addons. If you are on Console, if the skill has a buff or target debuff, you can use the built in Trackers

Or....

Go One-One Thousand Two-One Thousand....

Or, learn the visuals

• sunpoebow
    sunpoebow
    sunpoebow wrote: »

If you are on PC, there are timer addons. If you are on Console, if the skill has a buff or target debuff, you can use the built in Trackers

Or....

Go One-One Thousand Two-One Thousand....

Or, learn the visuals

I'm on PC so I might try out an addon. In fact I was already looking into those but a little bit worried about performance drop issues as some people argue. If I may ask, which one do people prefer?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just drop all standards together, or as you get them. There's no reason not to other than if the boss is about to move.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA