Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Crafted version of crown store potions?

SpankinDamob
SpankinDamob
✭✭✭
Is the a such thing? As it is now pre 50 crafted potions last shorter times the further you get from their base lvl. Even at lvl 40 a lvl 40 potion only lasts 31.6 seconds. A lvl 30 potion lasts 26.7 seconds at lvl 39. Where the crown potions last 47.3 seconds. Well past the 45 second cool down from Medical Use passive. Am I missing something?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a hold over from the old leveling days. Just make enough potions to last you about 10 levels until you get to CP160. Save the over leveled potions for your other leveling Alts.

I get a steady supply of Crown Potions from Daily Logins and I use those for my leveling characters. Not doing PvP, so i probably use 10 Tri Stats while leveling as i have gear sets to use.

Yea, I also grumble over the broken promise that Crafted Would always be better than Crown.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    I was wanting them specifically for battlegrounds 😂. Needing transmute crystals on my main. Their usually a good source. So anyways was run low on the free crown potions. That when I realized. Not really a big thing but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafted version is "better" than the crown version, at least at cp150 level.

xttGecN.jpgrHQ4qMU.jpg

It's similar across the board. The crown versions are very nearly identical to the crafted versions.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    I was specifically talking pre 50.
    Edited by SpankinDamob on February 9, 2020 11:23PM
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/oGTYiyy Photos of the difference
    Edited by SpankinDamob on February 9, 2020 11:27PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the scaling that the crown potions does only scales the stats, so those are still identical, but doesn't scale the time that it gives you the buffs. And the time the buff is applied does increase with potion level. So yes, for levels below CP150, the crown potions are better than the crafted ones, and at maximum level they are essentially the same.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    Is the a such thing? As it is now pre 50 crafted potions last shorter times the further you get from their base lvl. Even at lvl 40 a lvl 40 potion only lasts 31.6 seconds. A lvl 30 potion lasts 26.7 seconds at lvl 39. Where the crown potions last 47.3 seconds. Well past the 45 second cool down from Medical Use passive. Am I missing something?

Lol I said that in first post if you’d read it. Pre 50 crown potion can be maintained 100% of the time. Crafted potions you basically lose 15 seconds of buff time per 45 seconds. As I said in the first post you lose 5 second off the buff time from when it’s the base level to the level before the next tier. As in 20-29, 30-39, 40-49....

Anyways I’m not that worried about it. Was just wandering if there was scalable potion like the is with provisioning.

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I said that in first post if you’d read it. Pre 50 crown potion can be maintained 100% of the time. Crafted potions you basically lose 15 seconds of buff time per 45 seconds. As I said in the first post you lose 5 second off the buff time from when it’s the base level to the level before the next tier. As in 20-29, 30-39, 40-49....

Anyways I’m not that worried about it. Was just wandering if there was scalable potion like the is with provisioning.

Sorry, that wasn't clear from your original post, that you were talking about sub-level 50 only. I also didn't know whether the time of the buff on the crown versions would change to match, since they say "scale to your current level", but it appears they don't.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only scalable potions are the crown potions. All potions that we can craft are based on specific levels and are only the most effective at those levels.

As you say, there are provisioning recipes that scale, but crafted potions do not, since they require a specific level of water to use.

I had assumed that crown potions were exactly identical to crafted, but it looks like crafted (at CP150) gives a slight edge in duration.