Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Blank Writ Boards

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭✭✭✭
Doing yesterday's writs and collecting today's, I got up to a character in Stormhold and there were no writs for today (Saturday) on the equipment board and only the Alchemy writ on the Consumables board. Has anyone seen this today or am I befuddled?

Best Answer

• Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can happen when you've turned in the same writs you would have gotten that day. As you've probably noticed, there are regular groups of items asked for with each writ (ex. 2 bows and 1 shield, 2 restoration staves and 1 shield, or 1 of each destruction staff). Everyday you get one of those variations. If you save writs from previous days, it can be that the older writ you've turned in happens to be the same as the writ you would have received that day. When that's the case, you won't have a new writ to pick up because the game considers that you've already done it. Alchemy also happens to have more possible turn-ins so there is less chance of receiving the duplicate, which explains why that was the only one you could pick up again.
    Edited by Aisleyne on February 8, 2020 3:43PM
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are on a daily reset timer so it might be that.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I do writs every other day - I collect them one day and then, the next day, I complete those and collect and complete the next batch, so I'm never really bothered by the reset timer. It was after completing yesterday's writs and going back to the board for today's that there was nothing there for me (except Alchemy).

But yeah, I was positive at the time but I'm a bit less so now, a few hours later. I must've just been mistaken.

Thanks for replying, @Beardimus.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    Well, I do writs every other day - I collect them one day and then, the next day, I complete those and collect and complete the next batch, so I'm never really bothered by the reset timer. It was after completing yesterday's writs and going back to the board for today's that there was nothing there for me (except Alchemy).

But yeah, I was positive at the time but I'm a bit less so now, a few hours later. I must've just been mistaken.

Thanks for replying, @Beardimus.

Np @GenjiraX so many little nuances in this game to work out! Yeah you can save writs up if you time it right, so do the previous day's then get that days etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    This can happen when you've turned in the same writs you would have gotten that day. As you've probably noticed, there are regular groups of items asked for with each writ (ex. 2 bows and 1 shield, 2 restoration staves and 1 shield, or 1 of each destruction staff). Everyday you get one of those variations. If you save writs from previous days, it can be that the older writ you've turned in happens to be the same as the writ you would have received that day. When that's the case, you won't have a new writ to pick up because the game considers that you've already done it. Alchemy also happens to have more possible turn-ins so there is less chance of receiving the duplicate, which explains why that was the only one you could pick up again.

That makes complete sense. Totally explains what I saw. Thanks!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    Aisleyne wrote: »

That makes complete sense. Totally explains what I saw. Thanks!

Yeah, everything other than Alchemy is on a 3 day cycle, whereas alchemy is on an 8 day cycle. At max tier.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points