Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

We need Sanguine in ESO!

Cactus_Back
Cactus_Back
✭✭✭✭
How come ESO feautures extensively some of the more boring Daedric Princes like Azura or Meridia but doesn't let us party with our boy Sam Guevenne? All we get is one public dungeon that's sort of under his influence but even there he's nowhere to be found!

Let's put an end to this injustice and let ZOS know that we demand to meet our lord Sanguine in Skyrim this year!

27.jpg

We need Sanguine in ESO! 83 votes

Hell yeah!! Sanguine for Greymoor 2020!
48%
huntgod_ESOtspecherb14_ESODTStormfoxBlueVioletHurbsterSilverwillowkamimarkRagged_ClawXDark_One13ElusiinSassiestAssassinRR_DF_RaptorRedSilverIce58FroilChickenSuckerkarthrag_inakflamesingTelvanniWizardInval1dRaisin 40 votes
No! Away with you foul cultist!
2%
1mirgvalidifyedneb18_ESO 2 votes
I dunno.. need another drink to help me decide....
30%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOixieAlienSlofeklhaftb16_ESOHidesFromSunInaMoonlightAndrewQ84TheShadowScoutAkrasjelNeoealthessi2AcadianPaladinSylvermynxValueDriftdevaneiosonhoGarieleCMDR_Un1k0rnYe_Olde_Crowebmnoble 25 votes
Who are you, again?..
7%
RadianceJuzzEasily_LostIccotakShardan4968Justishia808 6 votes
Wait, how did I get here??..
12%
ssewallb14_ESOReverbVevvevAliyavanaSturmfaengerPajorZonasArchAshfenStormeReignsThokri 10 votes
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I chose the answer which Sanguine himself would pick!
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine needs more spotlight. We have many quests involving Sheo, Boethia, Peryite, Azura, whole arc of Mephala, Nocturnal and Clavicus Vile, but almost nothing on Sanguine. Quest with his involvement should be very fun, frozen wastes of Skyrim, and upcoming gothic tales need some debauchery and drunken revelry for a change!
  • Cactus_Back
    Cactus_Back
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lintashi wrote: »
    Sanguine needs more spotlight. We have many quests involving Sheo, Boethia, Peryite, Azura, whole arc of Mephala, Nocturnal and Clavicus Vile, but almost nothing on Sanguine.

My point exactly! I think even Peryite got more attention. I can't believe that the Daedric Prince of fun, revelry and debauchery isn't enjoying widespread worship in Tamriel.
    Lintashi wrote: »
    Quest with his involvement should be very fun, frozen wastes of Skyrim, and upcoming gothic tales need some debauchery and drunken revelry for a change!

Yes, Skyrim seems like a perfect opportunity to introduce a quest or two on Sanguine, what with the Nords' love for strong drinks and wild parties :D
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A clear yes for more Sanguine in ESO - but I guess its already too late for 2020, as I'm sure all the quests, plots.... for the whole year are already laid out.
    So: Hooray for 2021 >:) !
    PC/EU
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just imagine walking into an inn and being challenged to a drinking contest by old Sam Guevenne. It would be awesome!
    PC EU & NA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone mention my Lor - I mean, ahum! Yes, that sounds like an excellent idea...

Honestly, it feels like I talk about this with guild mates every other week. Sanguine is so overlooked even though he could be used to make such interesting storylines. Though, I'm a bit worried with how they have done Sheogorath they will make ol' Sam feel too goofy and cringey if they add him. I like Sanguine because he's often cordial and fun, but at the same time lowkey horrifying. But I still want more content with him!

And why is there no alcohol we can drink ingame that gives us a drunk effect? Or some Skooma. No, those rare quest items and personality doesn't count. This is a mature game and my characters should be able to drink themselves drunk at The Ebon Flask.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on February 8, 2020 3:15PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguine is a God of pleasure, temptation and addiction.

Sanguine is patron of crown crates. Sorry.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

Time to insert a quest were a stranger will offer to sell us boxes with mysterious content that he promises is better than the crates this guy Pacrooti sells that he knows. Which they are, but they don't give the same things and now you want stuff from both and are addicted to both. 🌹
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

Time to insert a quest were a stranger will offer to sell us boxes with mysterious content that he promises is better than the crates this guy Pacrooti sells that he knows. Which they are, but they don't give the same things and now you want stuff from both and are addicted to both. 🌹

ZOS, hire this man!
    Sanguine, hire this man!
    Someone!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Slams ale on table*

"Sanguine is the mastermind behind everything that happens in this game!

Don't you understand? We are all Sanguine, and Sanguine is everything that was, is, and will be."
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguine does have that one public dungeon in Shadowfen dedicated to him and even a memento! Sadly that's all I can recall off the top of my head...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Away with you foul cultist!
    we got enough to handle with Sheogorath roaming about, we don't need another one.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying that Pie King is an avatar of Sanguine...

...I'm not not saying it either.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I like pleasure drugs things like that.
    Edited by Kahnak on February 8, 2020 5:07PM
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Sanguine does have that one public dungeon in Shadowfen dedicated to him and even a memento! Sadly that's all I can recall off the top of my head...

Because that's all it is. :/
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    We do that is true.
    But also... Hermaeus Mora >:)
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, I forgot about sanguine!! Yes, please!

Speaking of sanguine, you don't want to know how long I've been waiting in line, in the basement of that inn for my turn to be bound and gagged with that dark elf.

Edit: isn't "Heart's Day" right around the corner for us? Hahaha
    Edited by BisDasBlutGefriert on February 8, 2020 5:55PM
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    we got enough to handle with Sheogorath roaming about, we don't need another one.

Then we have a perfect excuse to give Sheo a break. I is slowly getting on my nerves.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes we need more from this daedric prince please!!

Some saucy one liners are a must please....

giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Cactus_Back
    Cactus_Back
    ✭✭✭✭
    We also got a Sanguine Rose artifact style datamined some time ago:
    ON-icon-weapon-Staff-Sanguine_Rose.png

As well as a PvP artifact and the correspong skill line according to uesp.net.

So the good news is ZOS hasn't completely forgotten about Sanguine but I guess the bad news is those things were datamined several months ago and there hasn't been any update on them yet. Not even a crown store preview render for the artifact style, which might indicate that they won't be released for a while :/

ZOS, please take note of this thread. We're dying to see some Sanguine content!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it might mean less of that dweeb Sheo, I'd be all for it.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I'm pretty tired of all the gods interfering by this time.... since I've been playing TES since Arena released! Yep. 25 years.... or thereabouts....

I'm about ready to see something like Ysgramor's epic sail from Atmora to Tamriel instead of some other god meddling in character's lives. Also, I really never had any use for Sanguine. I did the quest in Skyrim once, and never bothered after.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

He never actually appears there. Its just a bunch of guests to a party he was throwing that he dipped out on.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drinks first, decisions later.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Some saucy one liners are a must please....

I'll do my best:

ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could go for another mead...
    je11kpg6t9q11.png
    :p;)
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always found it strange Peryite, which I feel like barely had any representation in previous ES games, has gotten more screen times and focus in ESO than Sanguine. There was a quest in Eastmarch I felt could have had his involvement but turned out to be some enchanted lute that put people to sleep.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not the best choice of image, let me tell you
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Cactus_Back
    Cactus_Back
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Not the best choice of image, let me tell you

I disagree. I think this is how Sanguine is supposed to look like.

I always disliked his Skyrim appearance. Why would the Daedric Prince of debauchery and hedonistic pleasures appear as a generic dremora warrior in full armor? That never made any sense to me.

The look on the image is from an Oblivion mod and it's based on his pre-Skyrim appearance, which the mod authors nailed imo.

Here's how Sanguine looked in Daggerfall and Oblivion:
    DF-prince-Sanguine.gif

200px-OB-Img-ShrineofSanguine.JPG

I really hope that if ZOS add Sanguine to ESO, they will make him look like this.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always found it strange Peryite, which I feel like barely had any representation in previous ES games, has gotten more screen times and focus in ESO than Sanguine. There was a quest in Eastmarch I felt could have had his involvement but turned out to be some enchanted lute that put people to sleep.

Indeed.It's nice Peryite get some light but it's also weird Sanguine has been so left out. We can barely take one step without Sheogorath showing up...

There's also a quest in The Rift named Drink, Drink, And Be Merry, which could be related to Sanguine, but it's not stated or hinted at in any way besides being magical booze.