The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] New Skins For Warden Pets

Morgis
Morgis
✭✭
I brought this up a long time ago back when Wardens were first introduced, didnt get alot of traction so am trying again

How about new skins for the warden pets, the ability to change them is already there with the Slate-Gray bear. The combat animations for alot of creatures are already there. So why not give players the ability to reskin their bears to things like a senche, wolf, lion, guar, the list goes on. Mabye put some rarer things out there for crown gems or just make em expensive like a wamasu or similar creature.

I mainly play argonians, I have 2 wardens and the ability to have a Guar, Kagouti, or Crocodile would be just plain awesome.

As I said the mechanics are already in game. If ZoS wanted to make money off the players in the crown store this sure would be a good idea. I know my wallet is crying in the corner just listening to me type this in case it did happen.

Morgis
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made a few posts about this before, its stupid that we ever got them... especially when there are models in the game for different colour bears we could use already. The warden has always felt so un-finished and i really hate that.

It would be really cool if they would give us the ability to change the animal companions as well as you suggest, personally i'm getting sick to death of having to have that ugly netch up 100% of the time i do anything
    Edited by Starlight_Knight on February 8, 2020 12:14AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100%! Easy crown store item upgrade idea. ZOS you need to do this!

No need to make special abilities for them. Just leave the mechanics alone and make it all cosmetic.

Yes!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact we dont have this shows how poor they are at marketing. This would make them a ton of money with little to no effort.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ZOS dev team and community managers have mentioned that they agree this is a great idea. But to my knowledge nothing further has been commented on the subject matter. This has been brought up numerous times so its not like they are not thinking about it.
    If you remember, the necromancer was the most demanded class for a couple years, and we finally got him last year. So we will see how long that will take to happen if it is meant to happen. ESO has the most aggressive update and expansion rates of any other MMORPG out there. So we have to give them credit where it is due. If this was world of warcraft, you’d be waiting around for years before any new content is made available
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ZOS dev team and community managers have mentioned that they agree this is a great idea. But to my knowledge nothing further has been commented on the subject matter. This has been brought up numerous times so its not like they are not thinking about it.
    If you remember, the necromancer was the most demanded class for a couple years, and we finally got him last year. So we will see how long that will take to happen if it is meant to happen. ESO has the most aggressive update and expansion rates of any other MMORPG out there. So we have to give them credit where it is due. If this was world of warcraft, you’d be waiting around for years before any new content is made available

thing is, it would l take them 30 mins to add a couple new skins and probably make them thousands of dollars. Again, makes no sense at all.
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    The netch is very cute and loveable! On the other hand, if Sotha Sil's shrinking technology could be applied to the bears or if maybe Orkey could be persuaded to make Alduin eat all the bears down to cute little cubs ... that would be wonderful.

More to the topic, while I like the animal companions (except that horrible bear), I have heard others express the wish to have a wider selection of animals not linked to Vvardenfell so directly.
    Edited by Anska on February 10, 2020 12:11PM