Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good sets for stamblade PVE?

DraggOOn_021
Im cp 170 khajiit stamblade and have vampirism stage 3,

My sets are Leviathan, spriggans and kraghs. Tho I feel really uncomfortable with it and feel like I have low sustain.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What mundus are you using? If you feel like your sustain is lacking, it's probably a good idea to switch to the Serpent, if you're using something else now. You could also try to replace Kragh with Stormfist, which is a pretty good Stamina DPS monster set that also provides recovery. Of course, it should be noted that being a Bosmer or Redguard would help, too, but if you feel comfortable with your Khajiit I wouldn't advise a race change just for that. The mundus and/or Stormfist should help a lot on their own.

As for actual sets, Shacklebreaker aids with stam recovery and can be easily crafted, so that would be an option, too.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relequen is a must for stamina builds. Even if its imperfect. Can't imagine running without it, especially with a stamina character.

Leviathan is strong. AY is a stronger version of it.

Many people will tell you Lokkes. Only if you are getting perfected and only if you are running with groups that will get you the synergies you need. Otherwise, AY is better.

Last alternate set is Briarheart. Strong set.

If all you care about is sustain, VO is the best you can get. VO + TFS was once upon a time the meta for stamina builds and is still pretty strong. You will give up damage though. A good patch is Dubious Camoran Throne as your food buff. You can also put a stamina regen glyph on one of your weapons, too. That way you can run the higher damage sets above and get sustain

Kragh is an interesting call. Agree with @CassandraGemini about Stormfist. Velidreth and Selenes are strong choices for DPS.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relequen is a must for stamina builds. Even if its imperfect. Can't imagine running without it, especially with a stamina character.

Many people will tell you Lokkes. Only if you are getting perfected and only if you are running with groups that will get you the synergies you need. Otherwise, AY is better.

If all you care about is sustain, VO is the best you can get. VO + TFS was once upon a time the meta for stamina builds and is still pretty strong. You will give up damage though. A good patch is Dubious Camoran Throne as your food buff. You can also put a stamina regen glyph on one of your weapons, too. That way you can run the higher damage sets above and get sustain

Kragh is an interesting call. Agree with @CassandraGemini about Stormfist. Velidreth and Selenes are strong choices for DPS.

Hm, your suggestions are geared way more towards endgame than mine. I was thinking, since OP said they had only 170 CP they might not be thinking about that yet. But maybe you're right and they're already looking to get geared up for endgame instead of just wanting a better alternative for right now.

If that should be the case, OP, the sets El_Borracho mentions are definitely better choices.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• DraggOOn_021
    Thanks for the advice! I'm not endgame yet but I will keep those sets in mind when I am, right now i'm focusing on pve and casual pvp.
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    Your sets go for raw power...not a bad setup. Things I might try:

I wonder about swapping leviathan to briarhearts. There’s a point where crit offers diminishing returns (somewhere north of 60%). Its possible you’d get the same power, maybe a little more, with some heals. That doesn’t directly help w sustain, but if it reduces spendy heal casts it could.

I find the serpent is kinda necessary for PvE. When they went to resource management philosophy 🤮, NBs got hit.

Maybe this goes without saying...I’m not sure how proficient you are at NB...but the class passive that restores 2000 stam when you kill with killers blade is essential for me in pve. A potion gives 8k stam every 45 seconds...this passive can blow that out of the water, even if it doesn’t solve all the sustain issues.

I really wish they go back to resource return on light attacks. I hated that change, and have hated it ever since.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried working in leeching strikes and slotting incapacitating strike for resource return on every light attack? Usually you would weave light attacks between skills to build up procs of assassin's scourge.

Hel Ra Citadel was a common farm spot a while ago, crit build stamblades were after the BIS Berserking Warrior daggers and jewelry. I went several times and came up empty-handed, but I did manage to get the full set of gold Vicious Ophedian jewelry and some divines armor!

That set is insane sustain for dungeons in-general. VMA? Pugs? Low on orbs and shards? Want to spam the crap out of whirling blades or acid spray to get through groups of mobs faster? It's BIS for all of the above.

Alternatively 2 hand builds usually don't suffer much from low sustain since they have the battle rush passive
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hm, your suggestions are geared way more towards endgame than mine. I was thinking, since OP said they had only 170 CP they might not be thinking about that yet. But maybe you're right and they're already looking to get geared up for endgame instead of just wanting a better alternative for right now.

If that should be the case, OP, the sets El_Borracho mentions are definitely better choices.

I figured it was endgame as that's the only place I've run into sustain issues. The sets he's running are solid. Those and shacklebreaker are great sets for that mid-level when you start doing vet dungeons and normal trials.