Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

VMA Jewelry Question

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
Thanks to those that answered my earlier questions.
I actually DO understand about mechanics versus actual dps, but I was wondering whether it would be worhtwhile to change the traits on my VMA jewelry to Bloodthirsty, for a net gain of 27% damage.
I am running Alcast's magsorcerer build (5 necropotence--four armor and 1 ring + Plague Cuirass and ring and necklace and lightning staff + Iceheart monster set).
The jewelry gives me 1700 health and 850 magicka (give or take). I would lose that if I traited to bloodthirsty, but was wondering if the trade-off for more dps would be a smart move.
Thoughts?
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't bother retraiting the plague doctor.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Losing health will not make vMA easier.

Losing Magicka (which buffs your pets in some way) for a buff on low health enemies is probably not a good idea either.

I could go through vMA in stamDK spec, wearing Alkosh and Spriggans, it requires practice and timing.
    - gold out weapons, this buffs your damage
    - swap skills depending on stage, some require a bit more defense

Everything else is tweaking. Changing 1 trait here or there won't change much anyway.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t believe pets are affected by bloodthirsty so there is that to take into account

I could be wrong tho
    Edited by macsmooth on February 5, 2020 9:18AM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more dps=less time spending killing trash mobs and arena bosses (except 5 of course)
    but
    this only works when you already know spawn points and you are familiar with mechs
    for new players,arena is a place where you take constant damage from all over
    if you dont prioritize your targets,you'll end up dead before even made it to boss
    Edited by method__01 on February 5, 2020 10:54AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight everyone. I will leave the traits as they are.
    Maybe someday I wil be one of those players that can run thru this, and then I can re-think this.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't change them. If you feel you don't need the health you probably could drop PD altogether.

If you drop PD at some point in the future:

Bloodthirsty certainly is great at burning down most big trial bosses, but generally isn't as good in trash and there's a lot of that in MA.

Infused is a little better for damage but Arcane (or healthy depending on build) gives you a bigger gas tank and bigger shields.

Honestly, I see even in most high scoring mag builds leave jewelry Arcane.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fights are too short to make good use of bloodthirsty.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA