Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Explain me the guild bank

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I know the guild store is for selling stuffs between members of the guild, but can you just take anything in the guild bank for free or does it belong to someone?

Thank you
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the Guild. Each Guild has different rules, and the Guil Leader can set who does/doesn’t have access to the bank. So before just taking, ask the Guild Leader what the rules are first.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no general answer for that, it depends on the guild. Different guilds will use it for different reasons, and may limit withdrawal or even the ability to see what's in the bank.
  • Branr
    Branr
    Soul Shriven
    To elaborate, most, if not all guilds, will restrict access to the bank based on the guild rank a particular player has. The Guild master will probably turn access to the guild bank off for rank 1 recruits. After a certain amount of time, a recruit may be promoted to rank 2, which could grant access to the bank. When a player does have bank access, it does not cost anything to withdraw items from the bank. Note that a log is automatically updated whenever something is added or removed.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most guilds that use the guild bank are trading guilds. The bank is used for members to contribute their dues which are then used to bid for primo guild kiosk locations. The bank is also used in these guilds to collect the premium tacked on to posting items for sale by guild members.

Some guilds use it for people to donate items such as recipes or other low-level items that the guildmaster or officers can withdraw and give to members if they request it. This is very, very rare in my experience.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some causal guilds will leave the bank open for members to use, lower/new ranks being a possible exception. However, this is not a free for all, and it is frowned upon to empty the bank for your sole personal gain. It's usually an honor system, like a "take a penny/leave a penny" tray. You are welcome to take what you need, in moderation, with an expectation that you will also drop off from time to time, although, don't fill the bank with vendor trash. One final unwritten rule, don't consider you have claim to anything you drop off, it is free to be taken by another member. (Even in a dead guild, unless you control access, someone may come back one day.)

In terms of banks with restrictions, especially for trade guilds, they tend to be storage for raffle prizes and auction items.
    Some social guilds will also set up an exchange for motifs or sets. You usually need to contact an officer and trade something from the same line or of equal value.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't do what one of our guild members once did and take all the jewelry, including the worth-hundreds-of-thousands gold jewelry, to level your crafting. If you have access to a guild bank, use Tamriel Trade Center to inform yourself of the value of things.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild bank belongs to the guild as a whole. However, it is up to the guild leader how it will be used and how will have direct access and probably even who can view what is in it.

So actual use will vary from guild to guild.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know the guild store is for selling stuffs between members of the guild, but can you just take anything in the guild bank for free or does it belong to someone?

Thank you

The guild store is for selling stuff to other guild members AND anyone else in ESO, it can be a major source of income, both for you the individual, and your guild. This is why there are dedicated trading guilds with specific rules and policies of their own to maximise trade and commerce.

The guild bank, is literally a communal bank for all the guild members that the guild award that privilge. Usually after some set donation to the guild of gold, such as 50k, or 5k per week for continued access. Only the members that the leaders give the priilige to, get access. Many guilds will have set rules for the use of banked items. I.e replace with equal value, or contribute gold. Most guilds expect fair use.

So it all depends on the guild and their rules. Ask an officer before you go ransaking!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are the guild leader, this is to add to what others wrote above.

Watch out with putting the guild bank free for all in guild, there have been people losing everything in the guild bank with a new member of the guild, joining and then take everything to just leave right after.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items in the guild bank belong to the guild, not any individual member. Beyond that it's best to ask the leader or officers because every guild will be slightly different. There's no right or wrong way to use a guild bank, it's up to the guild.

For example one of my current guilds lets all members who aren't brand new have bank access and puts a reminder in the message of the day to remember to check it and take anything you want out. They also periodically have to ask members to stop putting certain types of items in, like Hollowjack motifs during Halloween (or at least to stack them if you do) because it takes up too much space.

Another also has a policy that any member can have any items they want, but only officers actually have access to withdraw stuff. If you want something you have to tell an officer what you want and why. Which is usually pretty easy like "I want this recipe because my crafter doesn't know it" but it does stop players from taking huge numbers of items or just taking stuff to sell.
    Most guilds that use the guild bank are trading guilds. The bank is used for members to contribute their dues which are then used to bid for primo guild kiosk locations. The bank is also used in these guilds to collect the premium tacked on to posting items for sale by guild members.

Some guilds use it for people to donate items such as recipes or other low-level items that the guildmaster or officers can withdraw and give to members if they request it. This is very, very rare in my experience.

I think it depends on the type of guild. I was going to say my experience has been almost exactly the opposite of yours, because I've only been in one guild which didn't have a bank full of common or low level items for anyone to take (either directly or by asking an officer to send them what they want). But then I realised the one guild which doesn't use the bank is also the one which almost always has a trader and where more people use the trader. So maybe trade guilds are less likely to use the bank to share items among members and casual social guilds are more likely to do that.

(I have no idea on other types of guilds as I've never been part of one.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"