ESO UI API Patch Highlights (V100030)
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on February 3, 2020 6:43PM
A summary of important changes to the ESO UI API in this package.Control Handler Order
The APIs surrounding control handler ordering have been expanded to allow specifying whether the handler is before or after another target handler.
- SetHandler(eventName, functionRef, name or “”, controlHandlerOrder or CONTROL_HANDLER_ORDER_NONE, targetName or “”)
- control:SetHandler(“OnUpdate”, function() end, “First”)
- control:SetHandler(“OnUpdate”, function() end, “Second”, CONTROL_HANDLER_ORDER_BEFORE, “First”)
The control handler orders are:
Both GetHandler and IsHandlerSet have been augmented with name parameters to choose specific handlers as well. They will also default to the empty string if a name is not supplied.
XML handler elements such as <OnUpdate> now also have attributes for name, target, and order.Backup Font
A new XML element has been added to setup a backup font. This font will be used if the initial font does not have a glyph. It has the form:
- <BackupFont originalFont=”” backupFont=”” backupFontSizeModifier=””/>
backupFontSizeModifier allows you to account for differences between the same point size in different fonts.Gamepad Preferred Mode
GAMEPAD_SETTING_GAMEPAD_PREFERRED has been replaced with GAMEPAD_SETTING_INPUT_PREFERRED_MODE. It has the values:
- Add two new quest types: QUEST_TYPE_PROLOGUE and QUEST_TYPE_UNDAUNTED_PLEDGE.
- Added GuildSetRank(guildId, displayName, rankIndex).
- Added IsUnitFalling(unitTag) – isFalling.
- Added IsUnitInAir(unitTag) – isInAir.