Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PSA: Honor Guard style coming to the Crown Store this month.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know this style is... Not fun to get.

I'm interested in seeing the community reaction here.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you ready to pay, like, 4k crowns for it?
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you ready to pay, like, 4k crowns for it?

I'm fully expecting a high cost.

One would be daft to think it's going to be cheap.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet it's a 6k crown one.

I'm personally fine with them finally releasing it to the crown store.

Yet, I think all motifs should be in-game exclusive for at least 3 months (1 patch) after they are introduced.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Yet, I think all motifs should be in-game exclusive for at least 3 months (1 patch) after they are introduced.

I agree, there should be a period of time where you have to play to get.

To be fair though, that is exactly what is true of Honor Guard specifically.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, exactly.

The Honor Guard was a bit longer (being almost a year) than what I think would be reasonable. But I think it should be the MO going forward.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup, exactly.

The Honor Guard was a bit longer (being almost a year) than what I think would be reasonable. But I think it should be the MO going forward.

Agreed, but they've seemed to have adopted the model where dungeon motifs don't drop until the day they're also released in the Crown Store. But, hopefully they'll at least use this model for trial/arena motifs. It was a while before Welkynar made it to the CS, and it cost 6k, so I expect that price for this one as well.

I was given the HG chest page during the ESO Holiday Exchange and picked up a couple other pages that met my threshold of 30k or less. I'm hoping with the upcoming Murkmire event and then the anniversary event, that I'll be able to get most of the rest of the pages for 30-50k (XB NA), and maybe have a few drop from my own anniversary boxes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already collected about half the HG pages in-game ... looks like I won’t have to spend crowns on this one.

Which is good timing ... as the highly-anticipated Skoria weapon set will be out at the end of the month.

L6yvu0s.png
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guessing 5k crowns.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can convince myself that spending 5000-6000 crowns on a motif is certainly a good use of crowns, but since I can buy them for gold (though usually a lot of it) I feel like dropping 13000 crowns for a notable house is more bang for the buck. Not to start an argument about housing...

I mean sure, I can do master writs in that style if I buy it Crown store but having something more tangible is definitely more satisfying. If I were to buy a CS motif I’m sure it would feel like I don’t have much to show for it afterward, it just disappears into your achievements journal.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would have considered buying it with crowns, had it been on the crown store earlier and depending on the price it was listed at.

But bought the motif with gold awhile ago now.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *must not buy just for the shoulders, must not buy just for the shoulders*

Ugh, cannot find that stupid chapter that isn’t waaaay more than I’m comfortable spending. You do you motif sellers, I’m not going to spend a half a million just to have some unobtrusive shoulders. Sigh, maybe Jubilee...
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    *must not buy just for the shoulders, must not buy just for the shoulders*

Ugh, cannot find that stupid chapter that isn’t waaaay more than I’m comfortable spending. You do you motif sellers, I’m not going to spend a half a million just to have some unobtrusive shoulders. Sigh, maybe Jubilee...

Now that I know it's coming to the store, I'm making an effort to not get any pages.

I don't normally buy motifs but this is where I'm happy to pay to skip.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the Crown store offering should cause prices in guild stores to drop some, I hope. I occasionally find them at 40k or less but that’s my limit.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really impressed with this style that much. Light armor hat looks like a trash can lid. The light and medium body parts are just average looking as well. The heavy set is the best looking imo. I won't waste crowns on it though.