Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

CP Armor Question

Sable751
Sable751
✭✭✭
When it says "Increases your Physical Resistance by [0-5280] while wearing 5 or more pieces of Heavy Armor." do rings and necklaces count?

I'd always assumed they don't, but would like it confirmed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry is not counted towards any passives for weights of armor.

So despite my necklace of Ebon Armory belonging to a "heavy armor set", it does not count as a piece of heavy armor. It will still count towards 5 pieces of the Ebon Armory set.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every build but a new leveling build will have at least 5 pieces of either Light, Medium or Heavy armor as there are many 5 piece passives in the game that only trigger when you have 5 worn.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I didn't think jewellery would be,but just wanted to check.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking for most players:

PvE Stam: full 7 medium; some experiment with 6 medium / 1 heavy chest for punishing non-trial content

PvE Mag: 5 light, 1 heavy, 1 medium. Typically the Heavy/Medium pieces are the monster set as useful dropped sets only come in Light. Though Prior to get the undaunted passives, 7 Light is technically better (I think)

PvE Healer: same as PvE Mag. Though if using Torug Pact can make chest heavy/legs medium for extra resists. If using Ebon or Hircine with a special staff 5 light with 2 Heavy/Medium chest and legs + Jewelry is another option

PvE Tank: 7 Heavy, 6/1 Hvy/Light, 6/1 Hvy/Medium, and 5/1/1 are all valid. There are also 5/2 Medium/Heavy builds that work well for either damage tanking or getting access to major evasion as a non-NB. 5/2 Light/Heavy is not common but can experiment with for running as a tank/healer hybrid with 3 DPS

PvP is rather open. 5 of one type is key. Crafted set use permits having higher armor levels through slotting the higher resist pieces (Heavy>Medium>Light) as Chest and then Legs.