Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stamplar character, weapon type

Mystic_warrior71
If I have a stamplar warden with a sword and being build with all stamina attributes. Instead of using 2 handed sword can I use staff and keep stamina for the character. The sword seems so hard to battle with. I am trying to kearn the game so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Mystic_warrior71 on February 5, 2020 11:45AM

Best Answers

• Solaire
    Solaire
    ✭✭✭
    No, i mean technically you can, but you gonna be using Magic skills for Stamina build which is not good at all,
    if you like staff i'd recommend you to change up your build to Magicka instead,
    it's not viable to use Magicka Staff for a stamina build unless it's Hybrid build which may work in the beginning of the game but not really viable for any endgame content.

Besides you aren't stuck with a Two Handed Sword with Stamina build there are other Stam Weapons you can use like

Dual Wield
    Bow
    One-Handed and Shield
    Edited by Solaire on February 1, 2020 4:54PM
    Answer ✓
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go dual wield, and choose the morph of flurry that heals. This alone will get you alive for a lot of levels.
    Only, care the sustain (e.g., use TWO low level attacks between any DW attack).
    One question: you say "I have a stamplar warden". This means that you have a stamina templar or a stamina warden? Anyway, my advise should work in either case, only the warden has a better help from stam class skills, IMO
    Answer ✓
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar warden is a little mixed up. Either way for both classes Mag and Stam versions use very similar skills. If you like wielding a staff the magika version of either class will probably suit your goals best.
    Answer ✓
  • Mystic_warrior71
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I have decided to learn to work with the sword after all. Sometimes change is needed and my main toon is a dps magika. I am still learning the game so I really need to experience different toons. I am hoping to have a healer, tank and a pvp toon. Thank you.