The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

new moon vs shackle

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
now hold up, I know everyone is going to be like NEW MOON HYPE!

but calm down for a sec

so is it better to go new moon and get your sustain through glyphs, or shackle and damage glyphs?

I just found shackle to be so much more comfortable to use because im not out of resources all the time (my other set would be something like spinners / sprigans)
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shackle isnt a sustain set, it only gives 129 recovery, so i dont get the question.

edit; if u have sustain problems with new moon, u should use one infused ring with reduced stam cost. thats much better then stamina reg
    Edited by Luede on January 31, 2020 9:14AM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    shackle isnt a sustain set, it only gives 129 recovery, so i dont get the question.

edit; if u have sustain problems with new moon, u should use one infused ring with reduced stam cost. thats much better then stamina reg

I was wondering many times whats beter for sustain. Also on mag. How you got to that conclusion? I don't even get behind that number on the glyph. Is it a straight reduction or a factor like for example on crit chance.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on January 31, 2020 9:47AM
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Go Shackle since NMA will be very likely nerfed. :) But the best way is to go to PTS and try every possible combinations for yourself.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

I was wondering many times whats beter for sustain. Also on mag. *** you got to that conclusion? I don't even get behind that number on the glyph. Is it a straight reduction or a factor like for example on crit chance.

i don't know if you can transfer that to mag because stam skills are much cheaper. Most of my skills cost less than 2k -2,5k stam, so the effect of this glyph is much greater than if u use skills that cost 4k + Magicka.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was wondering many times whats beter for sustain. Also on mag. How you got to that conclusion? I don't even get behind that number on the glyph. Is it a straight reduction or a factor like for example on crit chance.

It’s a straight number. In general it goes cost reduction for stam and regen for mag.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @luede so it directly reduces the cost by the number shown on the jewelery?
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @luede so it directly reduces the cost by the number shown on the jewelery?

yes :)
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

true but that combined with the raw stats vs the 5% cost increase and no sustain whatsoever does make a difference
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

true but that combined with the raw stats vs the 5% cost increase and no sustain whatsoever does make a difference

i would bet that with 1 infused cost reduction u have better sustain and dmg with new moon than shackle with 1 infused wp dmg glyphe

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both and situational. The reduction glyph is a flat number. Infused you can get almost 1k reduction with three glyphs. But there is nothing to boost it in CP or on sets. So it might happen that you have a reduction, a recovery and a W or M damage glyph. You will have to try what fits you.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found shackle to be so much more comfortable to use because im not out of resources all the time (my other set would be something like spinners / sprigans)

so whats the problem? use shackle if you like it
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Regarding the cost reduction it depends on what skills you use.

For example a skill that costs 3700 magicka, 5% cost increase makes it cost 3885 magicka.
    Thats an increase of 185 magicka which is less than a reduce cost glyph.

For a skill that costs 7500 magicka, 5% cost increase makes it cost 7875 magicka.
    Thats an increase of 375 magicka which is more than a reduce cost glyph.

I dont know if NMA cost increase works before or after the jewelry glyph cost reduction.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding the cost reduction it depends on what skills you use.

For example a skill that costs 3700 magicka, 5% cost increase makes it cost 3885 magicka.
    Thats an increase of 185 magicka which is less than a reduce cost glyph.

For a skill that costs 7500 magicka, 5% cost increase makes it cost 7875 magicka.
    Thats an increase of 375 magicka which is more than a reduce cost glyph.

I dont know if NMA cost increase works before or after the jewelry glyph cost reduction.

From what I can decipher on the UESP build editor it looks like cost reduction glyphs are considered before NMA's 5% cost increase.
    MagickaCost = ((Misc.SpellCost)*(1 + CP.MagickaCost) + Item.MagickaCost)*(Skill.MagickaCost + Set.MagickaCost + Buff.MagickaCost + 1)

"Item" being the glyph
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so for stamdk with NMA, should i use a stam cost reduction or stam regen on my infused necklace?? The 2 rings are infused with wep dmg...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    so for stamdk with NMA, should i use a stam cost reduction or stam regen on my infused necklace?? The 2 rings are infused with wep dmg...

Cost reduction.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB