The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

way shrine in moon sugar meadow?

EternalDiva
EternalDiva
✭✭✭
Wouldn't it be cook to have a way shrine of your very own in moon sugar meadow or any other LARGE home we have? Build it to taste! I rather like the smaller transport devices in cyrodil as opposed to giant way shrines. Wish list!
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a great feature for notable homes
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really for it. If people can freely teleport anywhere from their homes, the world will be so much less populated, and that's a heavy price for a minimal amount of convenience.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm for it. Definitely

More than simply a convenience, this would connect the Homestead feature to the broader game design.

As for the risk of the open world to be less populated... So what? LET'S GO.
    Our immersion is not reinforced by the dozens of PvPboyz and PvEboyz dwelling around shrines in silly Skins while spamming spells. To say the truth, it's rather quite the opposite of neat immersion.

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the risk of the open world to be less populated... So what? LET'S GO. Our immersion is not reinforced by the dozens of PvPboyz and PvEboyz dwelling around shrines in silly Skins while spamming spells.

I'd remind you that this is, first and foremost, an MMO. My thought wasn't about immersion at all, but about social interaction. Someone on my PS4 group was just posting about how they made a new friend, and how did they meet? At the wayshrine. They noticed they were wearing a similar costume, and struck up a conversation. Interactions like this are key to what makes an MMO great, and likely wouldn't have happened if these two players could have just used the wayshrines in their homes.

Adding wayshrines to our homes probably wouldn't cut down on the about of "PvE boyz" spamming spells at the major wayshrines (they can duel in their homes anyway if they wanted to), but it absolutely WOULD reduce the amount of people running around in already sparsely-populated leveling and DLC zones.
    Edited by chuck-18_ESO on February 2, 2020 3:25AM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just let me port out of any home I own for free. Problem fixed no shrine needed My reason for wanting it is less loading screens.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really for it. If people can freely teleport anywhere from their homes, the world will be so much less populated, and that's a heavy price for a minimal amount of convenience.

We can already port directly to our houses from anywhere for free. I frequently use mine to get around instead of wayshrines. The only time I am in a town is to pick up daily quests of some flavor then I'm gone. A wayshrine in my house wouldn't change this behavior. A household wayshrine would however make getting back into the open world easier for the many houses that are in the middle of nowhere. I could see having one in my Ald Velothi Harbor house which is far from a wayshrine and populated areas. Today with the distance I have to ride is is frequently just as fast as to go through two load screens.
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree with this. You can already port to your home for free from anywhere and do all your crafting without leaving a home. You can bank and fence also with the right set up. It would be different if houses were not in their own instance bubble. Really not eager to see towns become ghost towns and empty.
  • EternalDiva
    EternalDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »
    I agree with this. You can already port to your home for free from anywhere and do all your crafting without leaving a home. You can bank and fence also with the right set up. It would be different if houses were not in their own instance bubble. Really not eager to see towns become ghost towns and empty.

ooooo how can you bank and fence in your own home? I just bought the little banking assistant kitty and I cant call her forth in any of my homes. I have to go out the door. wait for load. do the banking. then go wait for load to go back into my place to finish what I was working on. If there is a workaround to having your assistants in your home please share! TY!
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ooooo how can you bank and fence in your own home? I just bought the little banking assistant kitty and I cant call her forth in any of my homes. I have to go out the door. wait for load. do the banking. then go wait for load to go back into my place to finish what I was working on. If there is a workaround to having your assistants in your home please share! TY!

Oh you sweet dear babe, you can place your assistants in your home as furnishings then use them.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing needs more features that make it something everyone wants to setup, not just niche house builders. I don't think having access to a wayshrine in the home would hurt populations, or if they did the amount would be negligible. We have all manner of opportunities to interact with each other while questing, world bosses, dailies , etc.

To the people concerned about population drops, we should be pushing for zos to give more reasons for players to return to some of these zones as a means to keep population up rather than limiting quality of life features for housing. I'm hopeful that the new antiquities system will make revisiting older zones worthwhile again.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    Housing needs more features that make it something everyone wants to setup, not just niche house builders. I don't think having access to a wayshrine in the home would hurt populations, or if they did the amount would be negligible. We have all manner of opportunities to interact with each other while questing, world bosses, dailies , etc.

To the people concerned about population drops, we should be pushing for zos to give more reasons for players to return to some of these zones as a means to keep population up rather than limiting quality of life features for housing. I'm hopeful that the new antiquities system will make revisiting older zones worthwhile again.

I was thinking they could allow you to open your map from within your house and travel directly to a wayshrine but waive the gold fee. Some houses might be small and not have room for a wayshrine.

This might be getting a little off-topic, but for revisiting old areas, it would be nice to do something other than the same dailies I’ve done hundreds of times already (while farming for motif pages) when there is an event. It would also be nice to get something other than style pages and Indriks too. I don’t know what this antiquities system is that you’re talking about, I’ll have to look that one up.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get out of any of my houses, I typically port to my Sugar Bowl Suite, as the wayshrine is right outside the door - even closer than Mournoth Keep, and a lot cheaper. Yes it's one more load screen than going directly to the destination, nut requires no change to the game.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People already can teleport from their houses almost for free. Only if you used a wayshrine recently the cost is high, but even that is a small amount that you can earn back by killing two packs of monsters.

Adding a wayshrine would make some notable houses much more appealing, because one of the things I dislike about some of these, is how remote they are. One of the manors I regret buying is Linchal, even though it was discounted. It is quite far from the wayshrine. I still use Murnoth Keep as my primary because of how close is to a wayshrine.

Regarding your concerns... I have never met any player on the route from Linchal to the nearest wayshrine. That area doesn't see many players.

Also, the same could be said about mundus stones or crafting stations. People don't travel to them so often, since they can find all of them in their guild's castle.

Having a wayshrine in the house does not prevent people from visiting the world, because they will use it to transport to another wayshrine from the world!

I encourage the devs not only to release a wayshrine to use from houses, but also to give us local wayshrines or teleporters which can be used to travel quickly across the large manors they keep releasing. This is needed because people create areas for different purposes, such as crafting area, library, vault, living quarters, and with time only the areas nearest to the entrance get used. I would love to have at least two teleporters in my Psijic Villa
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be cook to have a way shrine of your very own in moon sugar meadow or any other LARGE home we have? Build it to taste! I rather like the smaller transport devices in cyrodil as opposed to giant way shrines. Wish list!

Yeah, would be a really nice addition.

Would be nice to have a mini one, in the same style as the ones in the region your house is in.

Or maybe in the same style as the house, if the house is in a different style to the ones in the region (thinking of the Snowglobe, for example).
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 8, 2020 4:49PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People who don't do housing are unlikely to start, just because they can now place a wayshrine in a house they don't want to use, or furnish.

So, all it would do, is help people who already do housing (or want to start), a little and make houses feel a little more functional.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 8, 2020 4:56PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As for the risk of the open world to be less populated... So what? LET'S GO. Our immersion is not reinforced by the dozens of PvPboyz and PvEboyz dwelling around shrines in silly Skins while spamming spells.

I'd remind you that this is, first and foremost, an MMO. My thought wasn't about immersion at all, but about social interaction. Someone on my PS4 group was just posting about how they made a new friend, and how did they meet? At the wayshrine. They noticed they were wearing a similar costume, and struck up a conversation. Interactions like this are key to what makes an MMO great, and likely wouldn't have happened if these two players could have just used the wayshrines in their homes.

Adding wayshrines to our homes probably wouldn't cut down on the about of "PvE boyz" spamming spells at the major wayshrines (they can duel in their homes anyway if they wanted to), but it absolutely WOULD reduce the amount of people running around in already sparsely-populated leveling and DLC zones.

Housing people interact more than most.

They have something to talk about; houses and furniture.

As well as all the other stuff in the game.

Also, they visit each other's houses.

People would still use the regular wayshrines, most of the time, anyway.

They would only use their house one when leaving their house and where would they end up?

A regular wayshrine.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 8, 2020 5:03PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

People already can teleport from their houses almost for free. Only if you used a wayshrine recently the cost is high, but even that is a small amount that you can earn back by killing two packs of monsters.

Adding a wayshrine would make some notable houses much more appealing, because one of the things I dislike about some of these, is how remote they are. One of the manors I regret buying is Linchal, even though it was discounted. It is quite far from the wayshrine. I still use Murnoth Keep as my primary because of how close is to a wayshrine.

Regarding your concerns... I have never met any player on the route from Linchal to the nearest wayshrine. That area doesn't see many players.

Also, the same could be said about mundus stones or crafting stations. People don't travel to them so often, since they can find all of them in their guild's castle.

Having a wayshrine in the house does not prevent people from visiting the world, because they will use it to transport to another wayshrine from the world!

I encourage the devs not only to release a wayshrine to use from houses, but also to give us local wayshrines or teleporters which can be used to travel quickly across the large manors they keep releasing. This is needed because people create areas for different purposes, such as crafting area, library, vault, living quarters, and with time only the areas nearest to the entrance get used. I would love to have at least two teleporters in my Psijic Villa

Completely agree. I have been hoping one day they would add the port out feature since we already have a port to our homes feature...

If they wanted to make some extra money, I would think it would benefit them to add single housing wayshrines to their crown store. That way, it would be a decision for homeowners to make. Spend the extra money, or not. If they only wanted one for one home, or put one in every home. Not everyone would do this, so the population of those not using world wayshrines wouldn't dramatically decrease. However, those who really wanted one, would spend the extra money to put one in their homes. The company would earn money while providing an option for its players at the same time.
    Edited by Delphinia on February 8, 2020 9:13PM