Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Want to Recreate Ciri from Witcher 3

ZigenBuilds
ZigenBuilds
✭✭
Greetings! New ESO player and first time poster here. :)

Bought the game during Steam's Lunar Sale. A bit overwhelming since this is my first MMO in years but still having fun learning. Last one I played was SWG, where I was quite a hardcore player (unlocked Jedi pre NGE). Now for this game, I would love to recreate Ciri from the Witcher 3, since she is one of my recent favorite characters.

From my research, I've settled on a 2H Greatsword Imperial Stam Sorc with probably adding Streak just to get her trademark teleport move. Would you guys think this is fitting and viable?
Also, I've seen the Corseted Riding Outfit and I think that will look good for her costume but unfortunately, I can't seem to find it in the Crown Store. Do you know where I can get it or maybe an outfit that is somewhat close to Ciri's style?

I've always been a min/max player on these types of games but since I'm an older gamer now (mid 30's), my time and priorities have changed. Will start playing a bit casual and leveling up at first and then just take it from there.

Many thanks!

• CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey and welcome! :)

Let me start by saying that I can fully understand you wanting to recreate Ciri. She's a great character and I loved her a lot in the Witcher games and the books.

You didn't state anything specific, so I'm going to assume we're talking about PvE and not so much PvP for the following.

Stamsorc seems like a fitting class, if you plan on actually roleplaying as Ciri, and not just create a character that looks like her. Although it's a bit of a shame that it would obviously have to be a stamina character, because actually I feel like Breton would be a good race for her, since they have this half-elf thing going and the enhanced magicka-abilities, which kind of matches Ciri and her Lara Dorren heritage. If you do care about endgame, though, Bretons are great for magicka toons, not so much for stamina - if you're not really interested in trials or vet DLC dungeons, on the other hand, it wouldn't really matter all that much, damage-wise, but you would definitely take a hit where sustain is concerned by not choosing a more dedicated stamina-race.

I can't look at the Crown Store right now, but I do seem to remember that there is an outfit that is pretty close to the one you mentioned. I think it's called "Holiday in Balmora" or something along those lines. With the right color scheme I could imagine this working, too. Outfits come and go from the Crown Store, unfortunately, so I can't really guarantee that this one will be available, but if it is, just have a look at it. Maybe you'll like it. There are probably others, but I can't recall them off the top of my head right now.

Also, I can't help but be a little shocked at you calling yourself an "older gamer". I'm in my mid 30s, too, and I don't consider myself 'older' :D

Well, anyway, should you actually create your character, maybe post a picture of her here? I'd like to see her!
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also have an Imperial Stamsorc, and that race and class do work pretty good together as a stamina based human dps. I'm also a refugee from SWG, Starsider Galaxy. Glad you found a new home here.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc seems the most fitting for sure. While Breton may be the best in terms of lore, Nord and Imperial are better stamina races and both are caucasian.

Nord is crazy good for pvp as tank or damage dealer, can't go wrong with them. Imperial would be better for pve as a damage dealer due to higher stats and sustain, good as a tank, but the Nord passive for more ult gen is pretty useful for tanks.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't look at the Crown Store right now, but I do seem to remember that there is an outfit that is pretty close to the one you mentioned. I think it's called "Holiday in Balmora" or something along those lines.

Here is the outfit you're referring to.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/holiday-in-balmora-outfit/
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't look at the Crown Store right now, but I do seem to remember that there is an outfit that is pretty close to the one you mentioned. I think it's called "Holiday in Balmora" or something along those lines.

Here is the outfit you're referring to.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/holiday-in-balmora-outfit/

Yes, exactly, that's the one I meant! Thanks! Could work, I think, if you get the colors right.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pirate-sash-and-bandolier/

I was thinking this, minus the baggy pants, the top is pretty spot on. With eso plus you can change the colours. You'd have to wait for the costume to come back though..
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking this, minus the baggy pants, the top is pretty spot on. With eso plus you can change the colours. You'd have to wait for the costume to come back though..

Ooh, that's actually pretty awesome, I don't even know that one. Is it not in the Crown Store right now? That's too bad, I would've totally bought that right away, for my pirate-y redguard with the swashbuckler personality :D

And for Ciri it really seems pretty much spot-on.

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to try my hand at making Ciri, I used Nord. Here is what I came up with. I like the the outfit version better, at least until the pirate-sash-and-bandolier costume comes back. That costume definitely matches the OG Witcher 3 outift.

She ended up looking agrier than in the character creator, I'd probably raise her lips a little more. Personality is Brassy Assassin (not available now), Shoulder/Chest is Silverdawn, hair is the Tousled Bard from the crown store (available now). Scar over the eye is from base game.

iqVxCJn.png
    l199ckq.png
    cxoGXQP.png
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 31, 2020 3:01AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice - but keep your eyes out, literally, in case we get strong, thick black eyeliner at some point :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This

But currently not in the shop
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice - but keep your eyes out, literally, in case we get strong, thick black eyeliner at some point :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I'm actually surprised, something like this doesn't exist yet, I bet lots of people would use it. I would buy it for sure!

@MashmalloMan Your Ciri is pretty awesome! I agree, she looks a bit angry, but other than that she's great! The hair is especially nice, too :)

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I'm actually surprised, something like this doesn't exist yet, I bet lots of people would use it. I would buy it for sure!

@MashmalloMan Your Ciri is pretty awesome! I agree, she looks a bit angry, but other than that she's great! The hair is especially nice, too :)

This one thinks angry Ciri is rather apt perhaps

In the books she is a very damaged individual indeed who has spent almost all of her life running from those who seek to control or destroy her.

Only expected that she might be a little grumpy!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This one thinks angry Ciri is rather apt perhaps

In the books she is a very damaged individual indeed who has spent almost all of her life running from those who seek to control or destroy her.

Only expected that she might be a little grumpy!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

True. She does have her lighter moments, though, especially in the game, and, well, I don't really expect everyone who has played Witcher 3 to have also read the books (even though they should, the books are great, and I'm always happy to see, that someone has read them, too!), so I don't see them as common knowledge.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm currently working on a "kind of" Witcher build. Sorc fits perfect for that, but intsead of stamsorc, I'm trying to run hybrid.

Anyway you have to adapt sorc tools for that, for example.

Curse can be your Aard
    Hardened/Hurricane can be your Quen
    Mines can be your Yrden

Also, if you want to run a CB like in Witcher 3, you can use silver shards.

Regarding sets, Clever Achemist + speed pot glyphs seem just like the right option. A big boost to your wpn and spell dmg. Since this has to be a medium armor build, and most of your dmg will go to wpn, pairing it with War Maiden to get more dmg on your magicka skills is quite neat

Regarding race, Breton is the right choice. Nord could be OK too. I'm trying the build with Dunmer just because I like the extra magicka and extra wpn and spell dmg.

The only problem with this build is that if you want to do something with it, you must run bow, which is not in lorewise with Witcher story (since you will be mostly ranged), but if yo want it just for role play, a 2H sword seems perfect.

This is what I have now, feel free to add anything

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=208151
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ZigenBuilds
    ZigenBuilds
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome and very helpful response everyone! Glad to know that I'm on the right track and that the ESO community is a good one. :)

4hdiRwj.jpg
    dQs6yNn.jpg

Here's my version of Ciri so far. She's an Imperial Stamsorc and just hit level 20 today. Went with the dark eyeliner for her but shame I couldn't put the scar on as well. Would love to get the suggested outfits on the store but I read that you need ESO plus to dye them correct?

Btw, if you guys also know of a guild that accepts new players to call her home, that would be very helpful indeed. Cheers!
  • ZigenBuilds
    ZigenBuilds
    ✭✭
    Did a bit of experimenting on the clothing station for Ciri's outfit and this is what I came up with. The colors are still off since I haven't unlocked anything yet haha but I think something like this could work. :)

WDDAQOB.jpg
    dxlKHS3.jpg
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZigenBuilds The outfit is pretty nice! Once you unlock more colors and outfit styles, you'll have more options to play with, but this can definitely be built upon.

If you have fun playing her, though, that's really what's most important. Do you like stamsorc so far?

• Fawlcha
    Fawlcha
    ✭✭
    I wanted to try my hand at making Ciri, I used Nord. Here is what I came up with. I like the the outfit version better, at least until the pirate-sash-and-bandolier costume comes back. That costume definitely matches the OG Witcher 3 outift.

She ended up looking agrier than in the character creator, I'd probably raise her lips a little more. Personality is Brassy Assassin (not available now), Shoulder/Chest is Silverdawn, hair is the Tousled Bard from the crown store (available now). Scar over the eye is from base game.

iqVxCJn.png
    l199ckq.png
    cxoGXQP.png

What is the name of the pants and boots you use for the costume, it looks amazing!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fawlcha I'm sorry, it's been so long, I have no idea. Jump on the pts and try out everything you can.

Boots are probably thief/dark brotherhood related judging by the pointed cuffs.

Legs are maybe elven?

Both are probably light, but boots could be medium.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on June 21, 2021 8:53PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey and welcome! :)

Let me start by saying that I can fully understand you wanting to recreate Ciri. She's a great character and I loved her a lot in the Witcher games and the books.

You didn't state anything specific, so I'm going to assume we're talking about PvE and not so much PvP for the following.

Stamsorc seems like a fitting class, if you plan on actually roleplaying as Ciri, and not just create a character that looks like her. Although it's a bit of a shame that it would obviously have to be a stamina character, because actually I feel like Breton would be a good race for her, since they have this half-elf thing going and the enhanced magicka-abilities, which kind of matches Ciri and her Lara Dorren heritage. If you do care about endgame, though, Bretons are great for magicka toons, not so much for stamina - if you're not really interested in trials or vet DLC dungeons, on the other hand, it wouldn't really matter all that much, damage-wise, but you would definitely take a hit where sustain is concerned by not choosing a more dedicated stamina-race.

I can't look at the Crown Store right now, but I do seem to remember that there is an outfit that is pretty close to the one you mentioned. I think it's called "Holiday in Balmora" or something along those lines. With the right color scheme I could imagine this working, too. Outfits come and go from the Crown Store, unfortunately, so I can't really guarantee that this one will be available, but if it is, just have a look at it. Maybe you'll like it. There are probably others, but I can't recall them off the top of my head right now.

Also, I can't help but be a little shocked at you calling yourself an "older gamer". I'm in my mid 30s, too, and I don't consider myself 'older' :D

Well, anyway, should you actually create your character, maybe post a picture of her here? I'd like to see her!

Don't forget Nord. Or maybe even redguard if you can get the white hair and blue eyes on them. Both would work with Stam.