The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Doors

ghastley
ghastley
✭✭✭✭✭
This is about the items that separate spaces in houses, so it really includes a bit more than just doors. There's a severe lack of such items, even without the "opening" animations.that the few built-in doors have. Few of the banners, curtains, and wall-hangings are suitable for filling a doorway.

Can anyone post their solutions to this problem? I've had the issue with the Exorcised Coven Cottage for a while, and it looks like the Forgemaster Falls house upcoming will add to it. Those are cases of houses without an exterior door, but a similar situation exists between interior spaces in many homes, so include those, too.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it what I have done in my "Ali's Bank and Emporium - Where we gladly take your gold any way we can." It is a slow work in progress. Unlike many folks here I tend to work on things in bits and pieces as inspiration hits me but the two areas where I have door coverings are complete for the time being.

The Tailors Shop: Elsweyr Curtains, Tied-Back Blue

61nwy4ecpe1l.png

5plxkfu5mo6u.png

The Vault: Ayleid Grate, Small

xdmanw5rqkgs.png

get3ay44fz8v.png

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    This is about the items that separate spaces in houses, so it really includes a bit more than just doors. There's a severe lack of such items, even without the "opening" animations.that the few built-in doors have. Few of the banners, curtains, and wall-hangings are suitable for filling a doorway.

Can anyone post their solutions to this problem? I've had the issue with the Exorcised Coven Cottage for a while, and it looks like the Forgemaster Falls house upcoming will add to it. Those are cases of houses without an exterior door, but a similar situation exists between interior spaces in many homes, so include those, too.

I normally use curtains, too, if a doorway seems too big and open.

It just gives more of a feeling of privacy.

Otherwise, if it's a smaller doorway, I just tend to assume there is a door there, but you just can't see it, for some reason!

The Khajiit Drapes fit over the entire doorway, in Ald Velothi, for example:

k764l7xyq7r1.png

Other side of the same doorway:

28vfgyccduv6.png

Elsweyr Curtains over the doorway, in my crafting room, in the Snowglobe:

kdkvevv2fnpb.png

fzqy4aic10gv.png

The Elsweyr curtains are particularly awkward to place, actually, as one side sticks out more than the other (it's been attached at the wrong angle!).

Breton Drapes over doorway in Princely Dawnlight:

wd4gg1m61med.png

0xmhv2owins7.png

Alinor Tapestries used as door-coverings in my Old Mistveil barn/crafting room:

s56p3hzipgur.png

Outside view:

s59it6uw1x19.png

...and finally, those Khajiit Drapes, again, used in one of the buildings on Topal Island, along with the Grand version (used on the windows):

e63zlvkpll5k.png

cm0p3bu4yokb.png

Same place, showing door and window coverings:

a6sza7n8rcxb.png

Another trick I have seen used is placing two of the large, Orc paintings, back-to-back, to make an (open) door.

However, ideally, they would add some appropriate (either functioning, or permanently open) doors, to fit all the styles and sizes of all the doorways in the game.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 4, 2020 4:35PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need Japanese noren.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We need Japanese noren.

Yeah, they would work really well.

Plus, the more Asian-inspired furnishings, the better, as far as I am concerned.