The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cross-faction /yell

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
i think that'll be fun.

chaotic, sure. adjustment period, definitely.

but im getting sick of not being able to say anything to the person standing next to me JUST because they're not of the same faction. Like, some magical earplugs. You can only whisper to them.

so yeah. i wish /y can be heard/used across factions in Cyrodiil. all other channel remains the same.
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be used for grievances against players tho
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. Just like the whispers, the people doing it the most would be playing offline.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nope not even ever, its toxic enough as it is without a bullhorn being handed to them also
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can imagine those lousy player that do the stupid hate whispers after you kill them. They suck at actual PvP so they try to fight you with words. They would think they are so tough with a/yell going cross faction.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is already way to talk across faction because every 50th or so ep I kill messages me telling me in a usually quite rude fashion how they shouldn't have died to me* blah blah if something hadn't messed up, blah blah zerg, etc. what ever the reason it's never their fault it seems and the saltiest of them block me after they send the message because they can't handle the heat but wanna dish it out its really amusing most times. ad doesn't message me on diff alliances when i'm looking for motifs on my dc toon and neither does dc when im on my ep I only really actively pvp wide scale on my ad toons so thats probably why. I still don't know how they do it so I dont know if my responses get through

*they are probably right to be salty dying to a master crafter bow wielding nb is embarrassing and they should be ashamed but the ones that really take the cake are the ones who get mad a ballistae killed them ohh they are so mad they yell that I should be down from the wall and 1v1 them "its a battle field and you gonna get stomped by an army it happens" if i am allowed to respond and not get blocked right away I message back "get off my lawn" or I ask them to at "lest be funny with their messages"
    Edited by Salix_alba on January 30, 2020 5:22AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can put people on ignore too........
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha. No.

Although I'll admit I occasionally pick someone at random and send them a mail just saying "reported". LOL had a few people write me mini-essays in response. Warms the cockles of an old trolls heart.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salix_alba wrote: »
    there is already way to talk across faction because every 50th or so ep I kill messages me telling me in a usually quite rude fashion how they shouldn't have died to me* blah blah if something hadn't messed up, blah blah zerg, etc. what ever the reason it's never their fault it seems and the saltiest of them block me after they send the message because they can't handle the heat but wanna dish it out its really amusing most times. ad doesn't message me on diff alliances when i'm looking for motifs on my dc toon and neither does dc when im on my ep I only really actively pvp wide scale on my ad toons so thats probably why. I still don't know how they do it so I dont know if my responses get through

*they are probably right to be salty dying to a master crafter bow wielding nb is embarrassing and they should be ashamed but the ones that really take the cake are the ones who get mad a ballistae killed them ohh they are so mad they yell that I should be down from the wall and 1v1 them "its a battle field and you gonna get stomped by an army it happens" if i am allowed to respond and not get blocked right away I message back "get off my lawn" or I ask them to at "lest be funny with their messages"

Half the time they don't block you, they put themselves in offline mode so they can spew their hate whispers at everyone and somehow feel superior about it cause you can't whisper them back. IMO, zos should disable whispering when in offline mode since it only works one way but I doubt that's high on their priority list.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didnt know u can offline mode in chat...

but yeah. i had a couple conversation and they're 9 out of 10 "good fight" chat, exchanging build info, learning some tips, etc. One DC guy i couldnt win against went so far calculated my optimal CP allocation lol