The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are there any ways to obtain Imperial furniture rather than from Crown Store?

logarifmik
logarifmik
✭✭✭✭✭
I just need some furniture for my Imperial house. ¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant

Best Answers

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at the moment, though I think a few months ago there were imperial furnishings available for event tickets from the impresario.

Also Breton is pretty much imperial, just recoloured in a brighter colour...

(Sorry I know it probably doesn’t help much but I think ZoS wants to try to keep imperial items crown exclusive right now)
    Answer ✓
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really no. Well... There are some that you "might" find on sale in guild stores. But don't hold your breath while you go looking for them.

See, when you buy a house with gold, the stuff in it, is not bound to your account. And some times people sell those items. Emphasis on "some times". Of course, gold bought homes come with almost no furniture whatsoever, and are mostly just restricted to a few lights or such, so the stuff you "might" find is awfully limited..

For example, the Cyrodilic Jungle House, when bought with gold, comes with three Imperial style Furnishings. 2 x Imperial Lantern, Wall; and 1 x Imperial Pedestal, Chiseled.

I suppose it's possible, that someone somewhere, might have decided, to sell some at some point.

Also, you get a choice between three items as level up reward at level 18 - choose between Imperial Brazier, Spiked; Imperial Bed, Single; or Imperial Bookcase, Swirled.

I think those can also be sold in a guild store, but don't remember off hand whether they are bound or not.

- Edit - I suppose you could roll new characters, level them to 18 and then delete them and roll up a new one. That way you coudl at least get Imperial style bookshelves for a library. Though they ,of course come sans books, so you need extra slots for book stack items. Which are all crowns only items...
    Edited by Hymzir on January 29, 2020 11:28PM
    Answer ✓
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm you can get a bed from the level rewards at level 18. Sadly, its the regular single bed and not the canopy one :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
    Answer ✓
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought Imperial Bed, Single and Imperial Bookcase, Swirled from guild traders quite cheap, by the way. No need to level a character to level 18 yourself, I suppose, people are quite eager to sell those.
    Answer ✓
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I heard one of the furnished houses had Imperial furniture. Can't remember which one but there was quite a bit of hoopla about it at the time.
    Answer ✓
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    I heard one of the furnished houses had Imperial furniture. Can't remember which one but there was quite a bit of hoopla about it at the time.

I think it was the Wraithhome
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Answer ✓
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent all my tickets on Imperial furnishings when they were available, but the limited choice, plus the ticket throttle, left me unsatisfied.

Even if there were a vendor that was accessible only to players who have the Imperial upgrade, it would be preferable to the current crown-only case.
    Answer ✓
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I spent all my tickets on Imperial furnishings when they were available, but the limited choice, plus the ticket throttle, left me unsatisfied.

Even if there were a vendor that was accessible only to players who have the Imperial upgrade, it would be preferable to the current crown-only case.

That is a great idea! If you paid for the Imperial Edition upgrade, then you can purchase the Imperial homes with gold (though I'm not certain that restriction still applies to those homes), so why not be able to purchase furnishings with gold. They can be bound, like achievement furnishings.

Sadly, ZOS seems content to milk players for anything Imperial.
    Answer ✓
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at the moment, though I think a few months ago there were imperial furnishings available for event tickets from the impresario.

Also Breton is pretty much imperial, just recoloured in a brighter colour...

(Sorry I know it probably doesn’t help much but I think ZoS wants to try to keep imperial items crown exclusive right now)
    Yep, I bought some Imperial furniture from Impresario, but still need at least single bed and bookcase. :/
    Hymzir wrote: »
    - Edit - I suppose you could roll new characters, level them to 18 and then delete them and roll up a new one. That way you coudl at least get Imperial style bookshelves for a library. Though they ,of course come sans books, so you need extra slots for book stack items. Which are all crowns only items...
    Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it!

It's a shame, that ZOS keep it (mostly) behind pay-wall.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Long ago I suggested to sell Imperial furniture with Tel Var stones. Well, we definitely need some other source of these.