The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't remember this hairstyle being in the Store

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
MhXY3Do.png

Now I want it. <3
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been in there for a while, an npc in Murkmire wears it i believe. Would be nice to see this as well as.

VEYA

HAIR
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was never in the store. ZOS is keeping it hidden away from us for some reason.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even recognize that one from ESO fashion...but they've got a few missing ones like Veya's or Dagrund the Bulky, which I don't think have ever been offered either.

But yeah, I want to see more hairstyles in the store. We haven't gotten any since the assassin one popped a few days in June or so, and I missed it. And I think they even removed the Standing Wave without fanfare - it just disappeared one day. I'm really wanting the Short Mussed Wave or Heroic Poet styles to come by again.

With all that people have been asking, I'm surprised they're not putting them in. There's loads of interest on the forums, and ZOS would make bank with those.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even recognize that one from ESO fashion...but they've got a few missing ones like Veya's or Dagrund the Bulky, which I don't think have ever been offered either.

But yeah, I want to see more hairstyles in the store. We haven't gotten any since the assassin one popped a few days in June or so, and I missed it. And I think they even removed the Standing Wave without fanfare - it just disappeared one day. I'm really wanting the Short Mussed Wave or Heroic Poet styles to come by again.

With all that people have been asking, I'm surprised they're not putting them in. There's loads of interest on the forums, and ZOS would make bank with those.

Exactly what i say in my thread! ZOS is missing out on cash! and i thought they liked it, Hairstyles is a big part of characters!
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    We also need longer hair at least that comes a bit past the chest. Why zos is keeping away more hairstyles when people would pay for them is beyond me
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also need longer hair at least that comes a bit past the chest. Why zos is keeping away more hairstyles when people would pay for them is beyond me

I have no clue. All i want is my veya hair. And tons of people would buy it and other hairstyles, yet they don't when tthe community crys out for them. Idk if zos even pays attention to what we want :/
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that frustrates me the most is, why is ZOS not responding to hairstyle requests or even acknowledging them?
    Is this all some big conspiracy? Is there a reason why we haven't recieved certain hairstyles (like the infamous "Veya hairstyle", which has been in the game since Orsinium came out!) I wonder why ZOS isn't responding to one of the biggest cosmetic requests in all of ESO history. Should we start pinging the devs and community managers until we get an answer, or would that be "against forum TOS"?

Is it really that difficult to give us a simple statement on the matter? Even better, give us all these glorious, sought after hairstyles which we've seen on various NPCs throughout the years. Honestly I think ZOS is making this a way bigger deal than it has to be, by not giving any response. And don't give us the nonsense about "clipping issues" There are plenty of hair already in the game that clip through armor, so what's the hold up, ZOS?

You've already given the hairstyles to NPCs, so what's really stopping you from adding them to your beloved Crown Store?
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, where did you find this image?
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    The thing that frustrates me the most is, why is ZOS not responding to hairstyle requests or even acknowledging them?
    Is this all some big conspiracy? Is there a reason why we haven't recieved certain hairstyles (like the infamous "Veya hairstyle", which has been in the game since Orsinium came out!) I wonder why ZOS isn't responding to one of the biggest cosmetic requests in all of ESO history. Should we start pinging the devs and community managers until we get an answer, or would that be "against forum TOS"?

Is it really that difficult to give us a simple statement on the matter? Even better, give us all these glorious, sought after hairstyles which we've seen on various NPCs throughout the years. Honestly I think ZOS is making this a way bigger deal than it has to be, by not giving any response. And don't give us the nonsense about "clipping issues" There are plenty of hair already in the game that clip through armor, so what's the hold up, ZOS?

You've already given the hairstyles to NPCs, so what's really stopping you from adding them to your beloved Crown Store?

I actually do think the clipping issue is exactly why the hair is not available to players, Veya's hair rests on her shoulders and most armor pieces are so bulky it would look ridiculous without some editing. Not to mention when she turns her head, the front strands get warped to cringe. I think they don't address it bc it would only be to say it's never gonna happen and there would be community outrage and they would be forced to do something about it. So they jus ignore us and pretend it doesn't exist... :|
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_RikardD @ZOS_HannahB @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Dan

Simple question asked by the many.

Why have you not released hairstyles that we endlessly ask for?

Second question

What is your gameplan with hairstyles? Obviously there is many already in game we want, and many designs we ask for. So when can we expect to see these released?
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_RikardD @ZOS_HannahB @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Dan

Second question

What is your gameplan with hairstyles? Obviously there is many already in game we want, and many designs we ask for. So when can we expect to see these released?

+1

I would rather you tell us zos so then we can get over it rather then being left in the dark. I would rather know so i can move on rather then scream into the abyss. Also there are alot of clilling problems already so that should not effect the release of hairstyles.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Second question

+1

I would rather you tell us zos so then we can get over it rather then being left in the dark. I would rather know so i can move on rather then scream into the abyss. Also there are alot of clilling problems already so that should not effect the release of hairstyles.

*clipping
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zo$ sucks in communication...
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here I am, waiting for this hair to show up in the store.

600px-ON-npc-Zeira.jpg
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

600px-ON-npc-Zeira.jpg

The clipping, you know. It's the clipping. :D
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »

600px-ON-npc-Zeira.jpg

The clipping, you know. It's the clipping. :D

They dont have any reason not to release it. Idk why they dont they would make so MUCH money!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »

I actually do think the clipping issue is exactly why the hair is not available to players, Veya's hair rests on her shoulders and most armor pieces are so bulky it would look ridiculous without some editing. Not to mention when she turns her head, the front strands get warped to cringe. I think they don't address it bc it would only be to say it's never gonna happen and there would be community outrage and they would be forced to do something about it. So they jus ignore us and pretend it doesn't exist... :|

Pretty much. I like Veya's hair, but it would pretty much have to be sold with the understanding that there are going to be clipping issues that won't be fixed.

Its hard to animate long hair. You can tell on the shrikes that the "long hair" is basically a chest piece that's connected to head part.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »

Pretty much. I like Veya's hair, but it would pretty much have to be sold with the understanding that there are going to be clipping issues that won't be fixed.

Its hard to animate long hair. You can tell on the shrikes that the "long hair" is basically a chest piece that's connected to head part.

I think its something alot of people have accepted already. There is alot of clipping on other items so this should not be any different.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, the bottom part is, but the top part is just regular hair, that seems to look fine when it moves and so on.

It's the closest to what I would like that is, currently, in the game.

It's interesting how other (similar age) games have managed to make hair work better.

The original, longer, wavy hair, in GW2, is pretty good.

The later added styles were mostly static, but the original styles were really good.

They moved naturally - I guess they technically clipped, but it wasn't jarring.

Edited by Tigerseye on February 5, 2020 8:58PM
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only ZOS hadn't chosen the crappy Hero Engine to make their game...
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS not saying anything on the matter is extrememly odd. Alot of these hairstyles have been requested millions of times, the only recent thing i can think of is ZOS's recent reponse on twitter to a request for the veya hair.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

It's interesting how other (similar age) games have managed to make hair work better.

The original, longer, wavy hair, in GW2, is pretty good.

The later added styles were mostly static, but the original styles were really good.

They moved naturally - I guess they technically clipped, but it wasn't jarring.

Here's the GW2 hair I mean, by the way.

Would be nice if there was a slightly longer version of it, but it's still pretty good:

Mi9uJYt.jpg

CJ3If0F.jpg

fq8tPwO.jpg

C06Q3AL.jpg

SNl3htp.jpg

xOkNdYb.jpg

Dh9Cbnm.jpg

QdsdED9.jpg

(Edit: Realised I was on low graphics! ><)
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 6, 2020 11:23AM