The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healer heavy armor

Kombinator
Kombinator
✭✭✭
It's hard to tell where to put this, but i place here, because from what i see the only option to pull this off is crafting. So my question, if anyone tried something like this, or it can be done. To wear heavy armor as main healer.

My idea is to forget all the gear you can get from dungeons, or world drop, and craft/enchant everything myself. I was never into crafting in ESO, but saw, that you can craft gear with set bonuses. Is it possible to create a set of heavy armor with magicka bonuses, enchantments, trait that helps healing somehow, and be good enough for trials? Practically the only missing part is the light armor skill bonuses.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your reason for wanting to use Heavy? There may be better ways to achieve the resistance cap, and appearance only requires its use in an outfit. The skill line doesn't help a healer, either.

All the set bonuses are available in all the weights for crafted, although that's not the case for dropped sets, which often come only in one weight.
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    What's your reason for wanting to use Heavy? There may be better ways to achieve the resistance cap, and appearance only requires its use in an outfit. The skill line doesn't help a healer, either.

All the set bonuses are available in all the weights for crafted, although that's not the case for dropped sets, which often come only in one weight.
    There is certainly an argument for PvP healers to wear heavy armor, but otherwise, this.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭
    Will it work for trials? Yes. Will it be good? No.
    No one will take you into more or less serious guild as healer, but you can still run with Craglorn pugs.
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    If you just want the look of heavy armor while keeping the stat benefits of light, you can just use the outfit system to make your armor look like heavy.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Kombinator;d-510348" and be good enough for trials? Practically the only missing part is the light armor skill bonuses.[/quote]

Can it be done, Ofc, but your healer would be weaker than a healer wearing 5pc LA hands down because you would either be lacking some serious regen and cost reduction or have to replace mag/SD with regen to make up for it. Either way your healing capability would be significantly lower. Your healer would also have less to offer the group than what top healers generally wear.

I am sure you can find groups to raid with wearing such a set. If you have a notion of running with solid raid groups then you will find they have gear they will want you to wear and your choice is not an option as it is a team activity.

In other words, go for it. My guess is you are more interested in a casual group than one that works to easily clear the more challenging content so you should be fine.
    Edited by idk on January 29, 2020 6:43PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of you do craft heavy, make it seducers. 10% cost reduction and 2 regens will sort of make up for the loss of the passives. But I really do not recommend it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others above me have said, @Kombinator, heavy armor will work fine for regular Trials.

Once you start getting into progressive groups or competing on Leaderboards, your Raid Leader will expect light armor.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until you're asked as a healer to wear Ebon (for vCR group healer). Hircine (for a variety of trials). Then you need setups with Jewelry/Weapons and/or Light/Light versions of the Monster Helms/Shoulders to compliment your Heavy/Medium setups :smile:

The joys of an end-game healer and the 40 different sets you should have :smile:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points