The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorc Crystal Frags question (pve)

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, this might be a completely lame question but when it comes to Sorcs I am pretty much a *** in how they work and whats "best". With Crystal frags, is there anything in particular that procs it or is it solely based on rng? I mean do certain skills have a better chance of it procc'ing ( I know any mag ability does it) but are there "better" ones and also can you up the chance or does it stay at 35%? Just seems like a decent hard hitting skill and if I can up the proc chance I would like to know. If not.....well.....yea.....lol. ;)
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm...just saw a parse and apparently it hits quite often, #2 in damage under light attacks......well, I did say I was dumb... when it came to Sorcs! Now I know..cheers!
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    most people proc it with force pulse
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chibs wrote: »

Yes, usually your spammable gives the most procs, so either Force Pulse or Ele Weapon. I also keep Daedric Prey on the front bar to get more Frag procs.

If you find you have to cast shields a lot to survive, slotting it front bar allows it to give you Frag procs as well, adding a little offense to your defense.

Just make sure that long duration skills or skills that don’t cost Magicka go on the back bar, since they won’t be doing much for Frag procs on the front. So things like Barbed Trap, Dark Conversion, Spell Sym, and Ele Drain will never give you a Frag. And things like Channeled Acceleration, Crit Surge and Boundless Storm give Frags so rarely they don’t deserve a front bar slot either.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chibs wrote: »

Yes, usually your spammable gives the most procs, so either Force Pulse or Ele Weapon. I also keep Daedric Prey on the front bar to get more Frag procs.

If you find you have to cast shields a lot to survive, slotting it front bar allows it to give you Frag procs as well, adding a little offense to your defense.

Just make sure that long duration skills or skills that don’t cost Magicka go on the back bar, since they won’t be doing much for Frag procs on the front. So things like Barbed Trap, Dark Conversion, Spell Sym, and Ele Drain will never give you a Frag. And things like Channeled Acceleration, Crit Surge and Boundless Storm give Frags so rarely they don’t deserve a front bar slot either.

that's a huge help! cheers!
    Yea, lol, I was using Mages fury as a spammable but damn force pulse procs it so much! And yea, fury was a bad choice but I just like the spell so much...I mean you're callin down lightning, as you should be!!! all fixed now....lol ;)
    Edited by Joxer61 on January 29, 2020 4:13PM