The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I measure my DPS?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Hello!

How do I measure my DPS? In my lovely house I have a dummy and reach 10K of DPS, but in the last seconds just the venom effects hit the dummy. I guess this lowers the average of the DPS, because the final DPS number appears 15 seconds later in the chat.

Is there a way to measure my DPS when I am actually attacking and not when poison is still affecting the dummy?

I use the following "Stamina Dragonknight 2H Build PvE DPS" build gear setup 2 (just the bow is still the Hunding's Rage bow):

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-2h-build-pve/

Thank you!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To measure accurately you have to kill the dummy.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you didn't still have your poison ticks going on, you would still remain in combat with it. So the only reliable way is indeed to fully kill the dummy so there's no time where you are in combat without doing damage.

If you're on pc, you can use add-ons such as Combat Metrics to show your damage in real-time. Do however keep in mind that any parse/DPS amount people tell you will come from a full parse where the dummy was killed -- this will be higher than what you get without killing the dummy, as you gain DPS from doing a proper execute phase. If you have trouble sustaining a full parse, make sure you're switching to food that works best for you (i.e. your max damage stat + regen, no health bonus).
    Edited by Raisin on January 29, 2020 6:13AM
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I have a "Target Bone Goliath, Reanimated" in my house, but it'd take some time to bring him down.

Is there a better dummy for DPS purposes?

Thank you!
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'm not a huge fan of dummy parsing as i dont think it accurately portrays you true dps, whilst parsing on a dummy to practice and perfect your rotation and AC is a valuable tool, many things that you have to do in a trial/dungeon can not be recreated accurately, many players also build specifically for a parse with minimum health maximum resource and recovery none of which would be viable in a group situation were you would need to block/roll dodge/manage resources and stay alive, your not always going to be in a group with 100% up time on buff's or even run the prefered buff's for max dps. if you can get through the content you are wanting to do and not struggling then your dps is fine thats my opinion anyhoo.

but to actually answer your question, most ppl use the Iron Antro 21mil raid dummy as it gives you all the buffs you need an aslo de-buff's itself a "good" parse is considered to be above 50k, some groups will want you to dps on a robust skeleton (6mil health) to show sustained DPS

edited to answer
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on January 30, 2020 4:41AM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    Okay, I have a "Target Bone Goliath, Reanimated" in my house, but it'd take some time to bring him down.

Thank you!

As said above, there are definitely better options. The Iron Atro is great for sustain, but will still take you a long time to whittle down if you're not doing the DPS for it.
    Target Skeleton (3mil) and the Robust version (6mil) will be your best bet. 6mil will be higher DPS if your resources are fine, as it will have slightly longer execute. But in the end I think 3mil is good for beginners.
    I recommend finding a guild with a guild hall, they will have all you need!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    fetito666 wrote: »

Thank you!

As said above, there are definitely better options. The Iron Atro is great for sustain, but will still take you a long time to whittle down if you're not doing the DPS for it.
    Target Skeleton (3mil) and the Robust version (6mil) will be your best bet. 6mil will be higher DPS if your resources are fine, as it will have slightly longer execute. But in the end I think 3mil is good for beginners.
    I recommend finding a guild with a guild hall, they will have all you need!

For ultra beginners with less than 15k the 300k hp one works too, to practice rotation purposes of course, no ult used :3. It is free if you have clockwork city and ready to do the quest.
  • Taemiru
    Taemiru
    ✭✭✭
    What dummy you use highly depends on what is your goal.
    If you want to get into veteran trial guild you use Iron Atro because it shows roughly the dps you will do in optimized group.
    6 mil dummies are 2nd and not very popular way of measuring your damage for longer fights and shows how you would preform self buffed. If you aiming for endgame and don't have access to Iron Atro its a good option.
    If you aiming to roughly see your damage for just veteran dungeons the 3 mil should be enough because unless you carrying a potato in your team most of the fights will not take long time. In the end main goal of hitting dummy is to learn your rotation.