The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Break Free Question

Galadius
Galadius
✭✭✭
When I am able and should break-free, I mash both mouse buttons. But sometimes I don't break free, even at full Stamina. Is it one mouse button then the other? Am I doing it wrong lol?
You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??

Best Answer

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just the game. Break free always feels delayed now, every time. But then sometimes it just refuses to work at all.

Some skills like leap and fear are very hard to break free from. When leaped you usually have to wait until you fly through the air, then land, then slide around the floor a while until you can finally break free. Of course your probably dead by this point if your outnumbered.

I also had a really fun bug yesterday in ic where I could look around fine but I couldn't move or press any skills, so I had to stand still and just watch as someone slowly killed me and stole half of my telvar :'(
    Answer ✓
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has a serious issue with input response, especially in Cyrodill. Ive struggled for years with skills not firing off on time or even at all. Something like break-free not responding is a killer. I always mash the button until it works.

Im not sure how i put up with it to be honest, but I really friggin hope these performance upgrades address this.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I advice you to re-assign important things like roll dodge, bar swap, ultimate and break free to mouse buttons.

I assigned break free to the mouse-wheel click, bar swap mouse wheel up, dodge mouse wheel down, ultimate mouse button 4 and 5 (left finger). Combat goes a lot more fluid that way.

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.