The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire feeding change

Siohwenoeht
Siohwenoeht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@ZOS_LeamonTuttle

So what is the reason for turning feeding on it's head? Not only has ESO vampirism worked the way it has for 5 years, but both TES 4 and 5 had similar feeding mechanics which encompasses more than half the total existence of the franchise.

I realize that there are different strains of vampirism that have varying traits, but this is a change to an established strain, and not only that, but taking away a very unique trait of TES vampirism and turning them into every other cookie cutter pop culture vampire. Shouldn't we stay unique?
"It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle

So what is the reason for turning feeding on it's head? Not only has ESO vampirism worked the way it has for 5 years, but both TES 4 and 5 had similar feeding mechanics which encompasses more than half the total existence of the franchise.

I realize that there are different strains of vampirism that have varying traits, but this is a change to an established strain, and not only that, but taking away a very unique trait of TES vampirism and turning them into every other cookie cutter pop culture vampire. Shouldn't we stay unique?

Oh yeah, so unique in not having to play as a vampire to get benefits of....you know, being a vampire.

Just because something is unique doesn't mean it's good, deal with it.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle

Oh yeah, so unique in not having to play as a vampire to get benefits of....you know, being a vampire.

This strain, along with at least two others in this franchise work this way. Deal with it.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well Hircine does fit into how the new changes would work. Here is why, we do know that hes thought of being the reason why The vampire strain we have are immune to the sunlight and Molag bal gave some kind of back deal with him. Who knows maybe giving him control of the Lamae bloodline. What this mean is that Hircine could alter it. Yes Other princes have altered vampirism before and its canon.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Noxiphilic_Sanguivoria_(book) mentions a possible backroom deal with Molag Bal and Hircine that is the reason for their love for moonlight and immunity to sunlight. But can also explain how their new vampirism changes work because. Maybe Hircine requires you to gorge on blood to be more powerful as a vampire.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Manifesto_Cyrodiil_Vampyrum
    The way vampirism worked in Oblivion is Vile altered that bloodline and became their patron. If Molag Bal traded that bloodline and gave it to Clavicus Vile he could have also did the same with the Skyrim bloodline and that could also explain why it worked so similar to the Cyrodiil strain.

The feeding system we have is you want to be more human or have power. can't have both and that is the kind of deal that Vile might come up with because they either want to be strong and vampiric or weak and less noticable. If Clavicus Vile was able to have his way with the Harkon Family Bloodline he could have altered it so it works like the Cyrodiil vampires but the alterations might be less noticeable. Which allowed those vampires to blend in even with their fugly bat faces which might have been something the dragonborn was able to see through.

Molag bal I think has other things on his mind like dominating, corrupting and playing oblivion politics and might not be as caring about Vampires then Hircine is with his werewolves. He loves to collect Mortal souls. But the way he uses them seems to be to power up stuff. While personally torturing certain souls that most interest him. Of course he does make slaves out of them by making soul shriven copies but I doubt he does much torment to the souls themselves since he has other uses for them.

I think that is what separates Molag Bal from Hircine. He creates soul shriven because he knows souls can fight back and rise up using his rivals sphere. Soul Shriven are easier for him to control and thus easier to work with and break. That is why he turns the players into a Soul shriven. But that soul shriven was unexpectedly unique. That it didn't work like the other soul shriven. Also unlike Werewolves where Hircine alters them with maybe magic. Vampires have Molag Bals own blood in them. Taking their souls would be like taking in your own poison after you poisoned an arrow and shot it only for that arrow to be reflected back to the one that shot it and thus poisoning the maker of the poison that put it on the arrow. Of course if they worship him he might take them in or if they have something that really wants to get his hands on like the vampire that later gets cured by Molag Bal then he might take that vampire in to torment because hes a follower of one of his enemies.

I do think hes very wary about them given they could rise up against him and because they have his blood in them. To many of them could even do what Lamae is trying to do rise up using his own blood against him. I think he knows the potential of this happening. So Bargains away the most problematic strains. Given what those with Lamaes Blood could do to a shrine of Molag Bal or Symbol of Molag bal. That power within them is a liability to Molag Bal. As it very well can be used against him. As we saw in the vampire quest in Eso. If he was stupid to take her to Coldhabour one day she might have the power needed to rise up against him herself and take him on.

I think he would know about this I doubt he wouldn't since he knew what His partner in crime was secretly up to and waited for the Vestige to slay him so he can nab him and punish him for it.

Anyways that is my thoughts on it. Will be interesting to see what the new revamped vampire quest looks like.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle

This strain, along with at least two others in this franchise work this way. Deal with it.

Again, doesn't mean it is good. The devs aren't going to change the feeding reversal because little Jimmy over here thinks he knows more about lore than the lore master.

Looks like you're just going to have to deal with it man oof. 😬
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle

Notice how out of over 118 views only 2 people have said something on here other than you? (Me and vampireknight)

No one cares.
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some lore needs change either because it conflicts with other lore or it doesn't make any sense. Vampire is one of these.

Nothing and I mean Nothing gets stronger without some kind of consumption. Whoever wrote this lore either never took biology and physics or flunked it.

It is Unique, but also very dumb.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle

Quite certain this change is happening regardless of how you feel about it. So maybe its you that should deal with it.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are forgetting that there are three vampirisms completely different from each other.

ESO's is the most powerful disease, they are the children of Lamae, the first vampire. It makes a lot of sense for them to alter the transformation to make it more powerful.

Honestly, if the goal of the change is to IMPROVE the lore around Lamae's vampires, what's the problem?

@FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something Lamae said when she gives you the Vampire Skill Line I noticed and took a screen shot of here it is.
    3og84w.jpg

Feed and Grow Powerful is her exact words there.
    It might not even be breaking the lore of the strain because those words do seem to ring true to the new changes they are doing and fit with her exact words that she has in base game right now. So maybe her vampires do grow more stronger when well fed. Just they didn't correct it till Greymoor and now they are reversing it to fit with those words. So maybe the lore is sound in the new changes after all.

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 5:02AM
    PC NA
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the changes to vampire? PTS patch notes?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508191/what-is-greymoor-adding#latest

I like this change to vampire feeding.

Stage 4, last for 24 hrs. Able to transform into a vampire lord form
    Stage 3, last 42 hrs. Able to use all the vampire ablilites but not Vampire lord form
    Stage 2, last 72 hrs. Able to have all the passive abilities but some abilities are locked. Mist form and drain essence is available.
    Stage 1, have one active skill drain essence, feeding skill. Not able to make others into a vampire without draining their life out first. So, not available in this stage.

This makes vampire more interesting to play and you feel that you're a vampire than just having some passive buff for you're character and some cosmetic skin to look fugly.

Plz Devs add this idea, also where is the class rep for vampires?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Vanos444 on February 7, 2020 6:17AM
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .. error double post
    Edited by Vanos444 on February 7, 2020 6:17AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Where are the changes to vampire? PTS patch notes?

They are coming with the Chapter. They are reversing the feeding so you have to feed to get stronger but also get uglier when feeding. Vampire will also get three new abilties and the ultimate will be reworked into the new Vampire Lord/Blood Scion Transformation. Yes players are going to be able to become Vampire Lords Next chapter.

They are also working the feeding to look similar to other games no more straw suck animation. So when you feed example you jump on a persons back bite into their neck with gore coming out and feeding that way. It will be like blade of woe so there will be variations to the feedings. So it won't be like the current feeding on live.

I think the vampire lord model will look like this for the male characters but if they do it like Skyrim then the female models will also be present. Found this on Google. Don't know what the females will look like yet. But I'm sure there will be a female version of the transformation.

wozg3udy51wp.png

I do think they are going to make it look more like the statue they are releasing to the player base. So not only will it have the likeness of the enemy vampire lord but likely the player base version will look the same.
    unussht0mj2r.png

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 6:34AM
    PC NA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good change.

Everyone in PvP is a vamp, purely for stats. It's good they gunna have to do vamp stuff to get the passives. I think a vamp skill should be slotted too.

Level it out
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I like the change, since it will give me a reason to feed to maintain bonuses, right now what we have is a skin change...
  • Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    The reverse feeding mechanism was interesting in the single player games since it gave the player a tactical choice - strength at the cost of increased vulnerability. Even so, a lot of people hated it since it "didn't make sense" and most of the popular vampire mods either removed it or made it optional. It hasn't worked so well in ESO since most players simply stay at Stage 4 for the passives and the negatives aren't strong enough to make this an interesting choice.
  • Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    Rampeal wrote: »
    Some lore needs change either because it conflicts with other lore or it doesn't make any sense. Vampire is one of these.

Nothing and I mean Nothing gets stronger without some kind of consumption. Whoever wrote this lore either never took biology and physics or flunked it.

I get where most people are coming from here but we need to understand that with strain/bloodline, we are pretty much 1st generation vampires from Lamae Bal / 2nd generation vampires in general and so feeding on nothing to get stronger might be odd, but that is where it's at.

Besides',we get weaker if we don't feed. Health Recovery/Damage from Fire and our own appearance.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle

First of all, thats two out of ten games that bare the elder scrolls name that I can think of off the top of my head, so it's less then half, much less, and secondly, only two strains are confirmed to work the way they do work. I don't think there is anything wrong with the change, it fits a lot of people's power fantasy more, and certainly looks and feels super cool.

I understand where you are coming from though, ZoS certainly takes a lot of liberties with the world they are working with. Dragon Knight was always the dumbest thing I ever heard of and no one can change my mind on that, not to mention the over use of portals. But ultimately it's not the end of the world or the series.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't you know? eating makes you fat, if you're fat you get less powerful! (unless you sit on people)
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spriggen wrote: »

I get where most people are coming from here but we need to understand that with strain/bloodline, we are pretty much 1st generation vampires from Lamae Bal / 2nd generation vampires in general and so feeding on nothing to get stronger might be odd, but that is where it's at.

Besides',we get weaker if we don't feed. Health Recovery/Damage from Fire and our own appearance.

Not after the chapter releases it won't be where it's at (:

There's nothing to understand. They aren't going to go back on what they said because a few people on the forum dislike it when the majority like the change.

Especially if it makes sense.

Lore can be changed and edited. That's just how it is.